THR I'm back & having issues with non operated hip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I would update how things are going. It's day 7 and I'm feeling really good just very tired, so am relaxing most of the day and making sure I do my exercises. My log leg has just about gone but I have to say I'm still having loo issues. I think I will try Milk of Magnesia tomorrow. I have tried prune juice, lactulose and struggling still. I'm pretty much on my own from tomorrow but will get visits from my Mum. I am going to get very bored being off work so long. Lots of reading and movies for me.....:heehee:
 
Have you tried stool softeners (not a laxative!! or anything with the word "stimulant" on the label)??? Here is an article from the BoneSmart Library to help you with constipation problems.

Constipation and stool softeners

Also, would you be so kind as to create a signature that includes your surgery date. To do this, mouse hover over your username at the top right of the screen. Choose Create a Signature from the drop down menu. It helps so much to have your surgery date close at hand when we read and respond to your posts. THANKS!
 
Sounds like a great day @Gilly. Movies and reading. I am at week 6 and I get a little stir crazy now and then. Then I remind myself I will never have this time off again so enjoy it. I have a little house list to do before I return to work. I figure I will never have this opportunity again. I did my closet two,days ago and what a great feeling it was to get rid of clothes and shoes. My son walked in and said "wow it is a walkin closet" :heehee: Enjoy your restful,days. It is great for recovering. Have a great Sunday.
 
Hi @Jamie thanks for your advise. Have I updated the signature correctly? I didn't know anything about that...
@xtina16405 you are so right about the time off work. I have had another lazy day today watching movies and feeling good..Hope you're having a great day toooo....
 
Perfect!!!! Thanks!!!
 
Oh.....I just noticed....you might want to put either LTHR or RTHR before the date. Just a bit more information that might be important! Thanks so much!
 
Now you've got it!!! Thanks!
 
Hi everyone, I had a wee tumble out of bed yesterday and landed on my knees on the floor. I am able to walk ok still on my crutches but I feel like I have done something nothing major but I'm a bit sore. My hubby said I shouldn't be worried too much it should settle down and if anything serious was done I would know about it. I'm so annoyed at myself as everything is going really well for me. Do you think I ought to get checked out or shall I leave things for a another day or so?
 
Oh dear @Gilly ! Scare stuff. I agree with your husband though. If you had done any damage you would definitely know about it. We have all had a fall post op. And yes, the jar of the impact does cause sore spots and stiffness. Use ice and elevate. Lots of rest.
 
Thanks @Jaycey I have been so worried about it and feel so silly how I fell off the edge of the bed...Have a lovely day..:console2:
 
If you are the least bit worried go get checked. But nearly all of us new hippies have had a fall. I landed on my backside on a hard wood floor just post LTHR. Mostly my ego bruised but I was very sore for several days. Take care!
 
The shock wave you caused when you landed impacted on almost everywhere and especially on tissues that are still feeling a little bit tender only 10 days from surgery. You're bound to be sore. Just rest and it will all settle down in another week or so.
 
I have another question to ask, hope it's not too much of a silly one..... I have been given equipment from the hospital suitable chair to sit on for the shower, etc, etc but if I go out before my 6 weeks is up say for a coffee somewhere, what will I sit on, go to the loo, etc? Surely I'm not expected to stay home the whole time!!!
 
Hi @Gilly. No question is a silly question!! Hope you have settled down after your fall...it is scary after the first fall.
Regarding sitting down! No...you don't have to stay indoors....to maintain the restrictions I took a cushion with me everytime I went out ...just popped it in a carrier bag! Likewise I worried about low toilets ......so I developed the 'hovering ' technique so I didn't have to sit down at all. As with all the restrictions there is always a way around them and sound more onerous than they really are. Hope you have a good day! X


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi @Gilly - Like HoppyNanny said, I carried a pillow with me and usually went to places that had handicap bathstalls (which are usually higher seats)
 
@Gilly use the disabled toilets if you go out and yes, a pillow if the seat is too low. Just be careful about seats that are too low or too soft. You don't want to get stuck so early out.
 
When I went to the docs yesterday I took my shower chair and lucky I did as I would of been caught out. I hadn't thought about the disabled loo's, cheers everyone. A pillow is what I will take with me.....And I'm ok after my fall, so glad about that......Have a lovely day everyone....x
 
Getting bored already.....I can't wait to drive again, get back to work and head to the shops....lol......
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom