Guest viewing is limited

THR If only I knew

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES, my friends, definitely had the same issue and found myself doing some unexpected knicker laundry the first few days! I owed it to adjusting to the time the brain says "ladies' room" and the increased time it takes to get there. I have adjusted the time and, as Debkakes suggested, have added root lock exercises (yoga variety of the beloved Kegels) to my PT regime.

Tracy, so cool your issue resolved! YEAH!
 
Three weeks after being cut by the knife
I should be enjoying my brand new life
And after all the pain, tears and fears
Each day, the improvement steps up a gear.

But Oh, this recovery of mine
Would be better if only the Sun would shine
Three weeks the time i've done in pain
And the days have been rain, rain and rain

If only the doctors could prescribe this healer
I wish there was a sunshine dealer
Blue skies, fresh air and a gentle breeze
This healing would of been a wheeze

To my fellow new hipsters who have the sun
Enjoy, embrace and have your fun
Think of me, sat here all alone, going insane
watching the water slide down my window pane.

Fear not though as I have this lovely site
It keeps me going through the sleepness night
And for all of you that encourage and calm
Sound words that keep us away from harm

A big thank you for your work is done
Just please, please, PLEASE send me some Sun!!!!!!

(I was bored, please forgive lol)
 
sunnydays - love your poem! It's great! Sending you some sun. Today I supposed to be better throughout the UK. Hope you get some rays! :happydance:
 
[Bonesmart.org] If only I knew
Sunnydays, this was the best I could do. Hope it helps.
 
Love the poem and completely understand! It rained here in NYC for the first 3 weeks after my surgery and I ached like a tooth! Once the sun came out I felt like a completely different person. :SUNsmile: Here's wishing some sunshine for you, soon!
 
Oh my, love your poem! I would ABSOLUTELY trade you for a bit today... Wish I could make it happen. It'll be over 100 degrees F here today. :yes:
 
A thousand thank you's to you all. The sun arrived at noon. Had lovely time sitting in the sun till I needed to go to bed for my afternoon catch up snooze. But I've managed a walk, watched the birds and thoughly enjoyed myself. So not to sound greedy can I have some more for tomorrow please. For recovery purposes ofcorse..........Winks
 
A totally reasonable wish, a hilarious and quite good poem! Glad you got your taste. We have sorta nonstop sunny days here on the CA central coast...and I am SO grateful!
 
It really is a great feeling when you discard the last syringe!! I celebrated with some ice cream!! One of the nurses told me that the fatter you are the less it hurts! I was pretty lean back then and always struggled with it.
 
Amen!!! Done and done as of last night! But at least now I can tell inquiring hippies that it is mostly annoying and not a real big deal.
 
Amen!!! Done and done as of last night! But at least now I can tell inquiring hippies that it is mostly annoying and not a real big deal.
Brilliant.........another tick off the list of recovery. I'm amazed how fast the days are going and how many spent needles I have. 9 more to go.......
 
Yipee... Sunnydays, only 9 to go... it will go very quickly and good for you....
 
Yep....... I had to do them for 28 days post op........ not nice at all and I hate needles of any description...... sadly, I don't have a lot of 'fat' on my tummy and they hurt like hell....... not a pleasant experience at all for me and in the end hubby took over and did them bless him..... was so glad to see the back of them!
 
I was told at the "Knee Class" that I would have to do these injections. I used to give my mother insulin in the last year or two of her life, but I haven't ever had to give them to myself.
I expect I'll cope.
 
YES, my friends, definitely had the same issue and found myself doing some unexpected knicker laundry the first few days! I owed it to adjusting to the time the brain says "ladies' room" and the increased time it takes to get there. I have adjusted the time and, as Debkakes suggested, have added root lock exercises (yoga variety of the beloved Kegels) to my PT regime.

Tracy, so cool your issue resolved! YEAH!
hi elle don't worry things will soon get better, i had the same problem and was very worried but things got better soon x x
 
I had a catheter too but had no problems either in hospital once they had removed it or when I got home..... only problems were from the anti-biotics they injected because I had the catheter....... had a continuous 'thrush'like infection which took me weeks to get rid of........ oh the joy of being a woman!!!
 
I have logged on every day since I joined and have read many posts. I like reading about everyone's story and realized how I have not opened up to my family about how traumatized I was after the right hip replacement. I don't know how many of you have been through this and if it is normal.
You see my operation was brilliant and only a slight hiccup (epidural didn't work so came to in massive pain). You see the thing is I went into this operation blind, not knowing what to expect or even what the recovery would be. I didn't even give it a thought about the pain.
I have had hip pain since my forties and my 1st doctor didn't give a dam so I struggled on and then moved areas had managed to get to see an OS. So over the 10 years I have the obligatory steroid injections and hip manipulations and finally I was given a 2nd MRI and 4 weeks later I was in for the op. So I had no build up or any idea really what was coming.
So when I woke up after the op and the epidural hadn't worked and I was in massive pain, the shock set in. Loads of morphine later I settled down but boy was I knocked for 6 over the feeling of my leg and I was stunned with how major this surgery was. I don't know what I thought I was expecting but I just wasn't prepared. I felt the 1st week I was in trauma and even though I went through the motions and obeyed every instruction, to me I felt as if I had been lied to as I was expecting NO MORE PAIN.
If only this web site could be up on all hospital notice boards so people like us can get the information we need. It just seem so mad not to have this forum displayed where every question is answered and peoples experiences identified with for those that need it.
Anyway my trauma reduced once I found this site and began to learn the processes that I was going through and the normality of every step, tear and frustration. In fact hand on heart, my recovery has been down to all the posts, threads and experiences you have all written about.
I can confidently say since week 2, I have had an amazing time knowing I'm going through the correct timeline, taking the correct amount of pain meds and doing exactly what is right for me.
 
Sunnydays...

Wow

What a really nice note...

Sorry you had to be surprised by so much of this...I really am. **I TOO** wish more folks were tuned into this site to understand the journey they are embarking on. In the best of circumstances, it is still a big deal.

So glad you wrote... WELCOME!

Nice to meet you! :friends:

Z
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom