THR I think waiting was the worst part!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B4goldie, just catching up after some personal issues I had to sort out..

It seems to me that when. One is an 'A' type person as I always used to be, I would push and push until I dropped... but you know what,when I realized my body was going to dictate the timeframe for healing and recovery, I made a conscious decision to let nature take its course. Of course I helped it along with as much walking and general living exercise but my slow and steady approach has resulted in a strong THR.

Going back to work with all the expectations placed on us... and comments like 'oh, how wonderful you look', 'so you are all recovered now that you have had your hip fixed' drove me crazy.. But I tried hard to ignore them and stick to my regime.

You are still early in the recovery timeframe, be gentle with yourself... Our bodies are little miracle factories when it comes to healing.

Regards the post surgery depression, ride the waves they will come and go but once again they improve with time :)
 
Poppet
Thank you for the words of encouragement. I appreciate your insight. I am trying everything as suggested. Things are a little better. Slowly... I wish this wasn't so hard, I've been thru enough already!
 
sharonslp
Thanks again. I think you are exactly right...I think this forced return to work is what's got me to this point for sure. This week went a little better since I've stopped working so hard. I've stopped home stuff too. Just work, hot tub and rest. Thank you so much for helping!
 
Peaches
Thank you for sharing. It's encouraging to know that people go thru the same thing...I guess I've been feeling sorry for myself, I'm tired and don't want to struggle anymore. I have to fight it is my nature. But I guess the lesson is to learn not to.
Appreciate everyone's support!
 
B4goldie ... you've got a LOT on your plate and you have reason to just be simply tired. Don't beat yourself up by saying things about yourself like "feeling sorry for yourself." Be kind to yourself. I'm sure you would never tell a friend in the same boat "don't feel sorry for yourself." Giving yourself a mental and emotional break from all the "I should be this and that" is as important as giving your body a break from too much physical activity. Your inner fighter will not go away; she will just rest up and be restored for the next round. And this surgery does have a lot of things to struggle with. If only it were as simple as many proclaim it to be: have the surgery, do PT, and voila: It's all fixed and lollipops and roses.

Hope you are having a good weekend and resting up.
 
Hi, B4goldie ... just wondering how you are doing. Hope things are looking up. I have often felt this THR journey is exactly like Alice falling down the rabbit hole. What's down is up and what's up is down. OSs, PTs, and their entourage at times seem like Mad Hatters all.
 
Glad to know we all go through the same stuff. That's the nice thing of this forum.

Lumiere
 
Peaches .... Thank you for checking in. :) I'm back on my shift work and thankful for my Fire family and a little more down time. Unfortunately I have some marital stress happening. My spouse hasn't coped with both my surgeries, and isn't being that considerate. Anyone else had this experience? Things were fine but I guess the supportive days were over just after the surgery. I realize now part of my crumble was from doing too much.... Not enough help at home, and lacking in the respect department.
Lumiere .... I know, not sure where I would be without this site!! Thank you to everyone involved in keeping up this site!
 
B4Goldie,
Sorry to hear that. Life is hard. I don't have a spouse right now but what happened to you happened to me after I had a miscarriage. My marriage crumbled and it was the end of the marriage. After it happened, he didn't care about me at all as if it had been my fault.
I recommend you look for professional help (for example a counselor, pastor, etc) who can support you and help you during these times. You need to be around people you can vent with and who understand what you're going through. Life is beautiful but we need to learn to live it. We need to enjoy it and find what is beautiful in it but no one is going to do it for us. We need to find it ourselves so we can make it worth living. It's hard when you're going through so much but there are people who will stand next to you doesn't matter what happens to you.

Hang in there, be strong, and at the end of the day, look for 3 positive things that particular day brought to you.

Kind regards,
Lumiere
 
Lumiere
well said! I've learned this lesson now! Tough one tho, since it seems this is solely down to me! No counselling! I've been myself and believe in going!! This is yet another chapter in my life!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom