Guest viewing is limited

THR I made it, barely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update
Haven't posted in awhile. Doing good. I tried switching to using the cane yesterday at church. Worked pretty well, but was a little stiff and sore afterwards so I think I will switch back to the crutch.
Still getting my brain around the fact that I don't have any more pain. I was in pain for so long. Oh! The pain I was having in my shin is GONE! Yeah! I thought I was going to be stuck with that.
This is my last week off work. Scheduled to go back Aug. 3rd. It's a desk job so hopefully won't be too bad. :type:
 
Great update @Cynjl ! So glad you are finally seeing the results of all your patience.

Will you be doing a phased return to work? Easy does it - you don't want to bring on more energy drain.
 
The Dr released me back to work full time. My employer is Very understanding and will probably tell me to sit down and take it slow and easy. I've been there for 22 yrs.
They have been great to work with so I don't think it will be too hard. Of course not being able to dose off when I want may a problem LOL :zzz:
 
Of course not being able to dose off when I want may a problem
It was like running into a brick wall my first full day back! At about 3PM I could hardly move. Glad your employer understands. Please keep us updated.
 
@Cynjl
Wow! I just now found your recovery thread and read through them. You are doing very well with your recovery!
The fracture was a set back but you have persevered.. good luck with your return to work.. :reading:
 
Survived my 1st week back to work. Yeah!
Went pretty well. I think getting back into a routine has really helped. I'm was given the go ahead to drive again and I'm down to using a cane which I'm slowly starting to wean off of. I've been practicing the stairs for a few weeks now and WOW! I can take each step without a problem.
After each day of work this week, I put ice on my legs and made sure I got to bed at a decent time. Feeling really good and not really tired. So glad I had this done. There were times when I thought I was going to be stuck in pain for the rest of my life and even right after the surgery I wondered if I would ever recover. I have accomplished more than I thought I was able.
:happydance:
 
Best news ever! :yes!:
 
Good to hear you are managing back at work. After your fracture I thought it would be a really long haul but amazing just over 2 months. Well done!
 
Congrats going back to work! I'm suppose to start next week...I will only be 5 weeks post op...I'm gonna try it for a few days and see...my concern is not being able to lie down during
The day. I teach, so I can stand and sit ....I have my office...trying to figure out ...maybe setting up a cot? I ha e my yoga mat in there but no way will I be able to lie down on the ground....any suggestions?
 
Hi @Cynjl
Glad to see your return to work went fine
I'm shooting for 8-24 for rtw which would be at 9 weeks post Op
Have 2 weeks to learn how to walk and drive again
Your post gives me encouragement, Thanks
 
Great update @Cynjl ! Sounds like you are well and truly on your way! Well done!
 
I'm Free! Free of the pain, the crutches, the cane, the pain meds.
People at work seeing me walk without any aids and saying "look at you go Cyndi!"
Hard to believe it's only been a little over 2 months and with a fracture that I have come this far.
Being able to get into the car lifting that leg on its own without me having to physically lift it up with my hand into the car.
Still putting ice on my leg when I get home....feels good.
And exercises....definitely keep up with the exercises....
I missed a couple days and sure felt it:bignono:

My leg started tightening up and had low back pain...did my exercises and much better...
Little over 2 months until Italy!
 
@Cynjl I am so happy and encouraged by your recovery! You've had quite a journey and now getting your pain-free life back is the reward. Enjoy!
 
Sorry, long time away. Have been busy with work and life now that I have my life back.
Just had my followup appt with the surgeon and everything is looking good.
I don't have to see him again for a year. Not taking any pain meds at all.
Getting prepared for my trip to Italy and have had no problems whatsoever walking through the stores.
Anyone reading this who is trying to decide if they should go ahead with surgery....Don't wait! You WILL get your life back!
:happydance:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom