Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR I just got my new knee.

My knee is good, it's my heel that bothers me after a day of teaching. No one can figure out what tge issue is with my heel. It's very sensitive and I find myself shuffling to keep from putting pressure on it by the end of the day. I think it's a nerve issue, but what do I know...just happy I can walk and get around. I'd like the weather to be warm enough to heat the neighborhood pool a bit. As soon as it's warm enough I'll start my swimming regime, 20+ laps a day.
 
My knee is good, it's my heel that bothers me after a day of teaching. No one can figure out what tge issue is with my heel. It's very sensitive and I find myself shuffling to keep from putting pressure on it by the end of the day. I think it's a nerve issue, but what do I know...just happy I can walk and get around. I'd like the weather to be warm enough to heat the neighborhood pool a bit. As soon as it's warm enough I'll start my swimming regime, 20+ laps a day.


So sorry your heal is bothering you. I will pray for you. Have they did any tests? I know sometimes it is agervating you can't find answers. But make the best of the situation. Such as focussing on that u can walk. I would love to be able to swim again. Warm weather needs to hurry. Xxxxx


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
[Bonesmart.org] I just got my new knee.
.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Hi @Angel1978

I've never seen one of those cards before. That's very useful. I'm so glad you're feeling better. How is your knee feeling today? Xx


I was woundeering how to get one. Never tried. It's cool. Very helpful when I go places. To avoid hassle.

My knee is aching a lot. Down the right side. But other than that I'm good. Learning day by day that life is one step at at time. Can't rush.

I know my other knee wow. It's killing me. Fills like my knee cap is going to go through the skin. Ripping sensation. Can't wait till its done. So odd you don't think your non surgical knee is as bad as surgical knee. But when one is replaces. To me fills like it gets worse.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
I had my left one done May 5 (8 days out). My right one need to be replaced also. Yesterday the right one started talking to me.:tantrum2: Was hoping it would hold up until this Fall, but may not make it. Doctor said we could do it in 2 to 3 months. May have to go on and do it.:what: I think I depended on my right knee so much after surgery it has took a towel on it.:sigh:
 
My natural knee did take a beating also. In the hospital and rehab the staff would say, "let your good leg do the work". I kept saying, "I don't have a good leg." In the end they let me get up my own way, using the bed and Walker. Hoping my knee will hold out for another year, partly because I have too much going on this summer and I don't want to take off the beginning or middle of the school year. Next May would be perfect...
 
Sorry Angel
I must have got things back to front. My RTKR is far better than the non TKR. However as I've overdone it this week I'm in pain with both. Still, rest and elevation will help this x x x I a, looking forward to getting rid of the pesky bone on bone arthritic pain that I get in it x next Friday afternoon. It will all be over and done xxx
 
Sorry Angel
I must have got things back to front. My RTKR is far better than the non TKR. However as I've overdone it this week I'm in pain with both. Still, rest and elevation will help this x x x I a, looking forward to getting rid of the pesky bone on bone arthritic pain that I get in it x next Friday afternoon. It will all be over and done xxx


I can't wait till my other is done. It's agervating.



Bless your heart. Praying for you. You got this. Ya got this..


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Today suck. I fill better. But I admit where I've not moved a lot to avoid getting sick. I am so stiff. And ache ache. I've not been able to take my medicane. It's been a mess. Soups and juice and lots crackers.

I have 2 pt sessions left. Going to try to get more. Simply cause I need to have better bend and flex...


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Lol I olny have one good leg. Non surgical leg. Wow I fill the rip sensation.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
What a night. I was in pain all night. Toss and turn. I can't wait for the pain to end... And be able to sleep.

I have 2 sessions left of Pt Thursday and Friday. And I dread the wait. I get so stiff and ache all time. But it's not pain I had before.

My non surgical leg is acting bad. Hurting and giving out on me. I still have to take it slow. The 15 of June needs to hurry.

I am waiting till kiddos go back to school before I get other one done. I promised them I would do something with them.

Question for anyone. Does you know how many Pt ins will allow? I need more. Cause I need the bend and flex. I get so stiff from waiting. And my bend go down and so do flex. I've try to ask but they don't like me lol. And no one has an answer for me. But the lack of progress gets me sad. But I know it will get better.

And does anyone know why they like to do the knees so close?


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
You'll need to read your individual insurance policy or talk to customer service on the phone to find out how much therapy is authorized. It usually renews each calendar year with a specific number of sessions per year. Medicare has a limit like this as well as private insurance. All private insurance varies from policy to policy.

There is no set time between knee surgeries. It all depends on your situation and what your surgeon prefers to do.
 
@Angel1978 I think everyone's insurance is different. So it all depends on what you have. All. My PT was covered, my dad and BF's was not. They had to pay out of pocket. Will your OS write another script for PT?
 
Thanks. I'm hoping he will write me another script. Cause there both drove me insane. And the surgical aches. But not like before. . And as far as reading the private changes all the time. And there rude And there hard to deal with on the phone.

It's been a huge mess since the 1st one failed. Like ins is mad at me. And I can tell I need other one bad cause it's acting up.


Takes them both ins forever to do anything.

Thanks @Jamie @KarriB



FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
I'm sure your doctor would write the scrip for you. Insurance is always the battle! I switched from my husband's insurance to my employer's when I had my son. His wouldn't have covered it, mine does. I wish there was some standardization!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I hear ya on ins. It's a battle. I know most people may Say I am a nut. But the pt keep me from pulling my hair out. It does give me some relief. But when mean brutal pt come. I say cya. Cause u ain't going to hurt me.




FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
I never got a call back from os. Called to ask about Pt.
But ouch ouch. Today has not been good. I am so stiff. And I walk and get some pain down back of leg. Gez.
Walk and seem to tire me out. And I am doing it slow.
Walk around block with kids. Trying to get strength back. But not good idea.



FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Back
Top Bottom