I have a date!!!...with my new hero!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Nana2-8 - Just wanted to add my best wishes. It sounds like you are pretty prepared, mentally and physically. Thinking you must have forgotten some important part of the preparation is pretty normal. Post-op, you can adapt and improvise if something isn't quite as you thought. And of course the shops and Amazon will still be open! I think the key to the next few days is to keep as active as possible to distract yourself, but try to balance that with enough rest. Easy to say! Anyway, really looking forward to welcoming you to the other side :friends:
 
Thank you @Miss Muffet ~ you're right, I have a chipper attitude....and I hope it carries me thru the next couple of weeks....(after that....WATCH OUT!!) And, thanks also, @BizzyLizzy - I have enough to keep me distracted until Thursday morning....and I almost said 'you have no idea how ready I am to be on the other side'....but in fact, you DO know how anxious I am to leave this thread behind and flip over to the other page!!!
 
And @WendyP648 - you're going the day before me........I've got your hand! Wanna Race? See who listens to the mantra the best.....and remembers to not rush it?

Okay, we can race @Nana2-8 , as long as we do it slowly. :walking:

Blessings to us this week. Let's remember to "Breathe in the light and blow and the darkness" and to repeat as necessary.
 
UGH!!! Ladies: you can relate.....I missed my "golden hour"....can't shave the legs less than 48 hours before...and so, here I sit....very little stubble brewing! So goes the merits of my advanced age.....it grows VERY slowly of late. I'll just deal. ~ Another busy day today - good distractions - DH is out of town - laundry done - move the throw rugs - meeting a friend for lunch - already checked one potential problem off the list (the car tire is fixed and done) and just a few more things to check off the list. Getting a little anxious....not about the surgery, but about the handling of the recovery. ~ ~ Got the call about what time my surgery is - 7:30....(wonderful) but we have to be there at 5:30 AM. We live about a 1/2 hour from the hospital. I told them I'd barely have time to dry between my 'night before' wash and 'morning of' repeat wash! Just what do they expect will crawl out of the freshly washed sheets and spiffy clean night gown between the hours of midnight and 4 AM? Do they know something I don't?

Okay - @WendyP648 - today is the day of the 'salon wash' - I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.
 
I'm with you @Nana2-8, I wasn't really worried about the actual surgery, but just worried about how the recovery would go. Hopefully you'll be as pleasantly surprised as I was post-op. You will be so ecstatic that your surgery is behind you. I had such an adrenal rush hit me, so I didn't sleep one second for two days post-op. My PCP finally ordered a sleeping pill for my final night in the hospital and I slept like a baby (until the nurses walked in every twenty minutes and woke me up)! I couldn't wait to get home and sit outside!!!!!!!!
 
Thanks @Miss Muffet ~ I'd completely forgotten about those lovely TEDS which will cover any stubble. Maybe I can arrange to wear them even longer? (NOT) ....visions of comfort in our high heat....tho, basking in A/C.
 
@Cynthia777 - I'm actually so worn out by the end of these days, that I am managing to sleep a good 4 hours at least! It's the 'help' once I am home that keeps me un-settled. I have a picture into the future of DH, seeing me loopy and sleepy upon returning home on Friday....well then, if 'she's sleeping non-stop anyway...how could it hurt to play a round of 18 holes on Saturday morning...she'll be asleep" - Oh man.....@Miss Muffet, was it you that had the urge to contact a divorce attorney? God help us all!
 
And don't forget as your asking for the umpteenth time to phrase your questions differently!

Examples...

Honey, can you...
Babe, would you mind...
Sweetheart, I hate to ask you BUT...
Darling, can you believe I left my...

Then you can start the manipulations...

I'm going to really try and get my....
This is going to be rough, but I'm going to...
I just can't ask you one more time to get...
I know I can do this, but if I fall...

:rofsign:
 
Oh.....CC .....pure genius!!! The one little thing DH might have connected with in Joint Academy was "not pushing to fast 'cuz you might find yourself feeling worse, longer" So, even tho I know I have to recover according to MY body and not according to HIS schedule......those last prompts are genius!!! Stay in my corner....I'll never reveal my 'source'.....even if you are called as a character witness!!!
 
@Cynthia777 and Nana2-8, this is really making me laugh! I said early on in my recovery thread that my husband is a very practical man and appointed himself as manager of the recovery project. He is very kind, but this role didn't bring out his patient, nurturing side at all! Helpful comments weren't along the lines of "let me adjust those pillows" or "can I make you a snack?", but more "should you be sitting like that?" and "if you're going to fall asleep, maybe you should just go to bed!". I have to say @Cynthia777, I tried your approach to no avail - he just said "if you want something, just ask for it!". Hey ho, those first couple of weeks were a challenge, but things improve fast as mobility improves (you get faster at leaving the room!) :rofsign:
 
Who knew? @BizzyLizzy ~ we must be related.....somehow. Your DH and my DH must be brothers, or cousins, or each others uncles!!! As far as learning to move quickly out of the room....I'm stuck. My "Lady's Lair" is IN the room (so maybe he'll learn to move fast....) We just need to make it thru....one day at a time.
 
@BizzyLizzy and @Nana2-8

Hahaha! My hubby was easily, ummm, manipulated (did I say that?) and on occaision (when this lazy rear end doesn't feel like getting up from my ever so comfortable recliner) it's, "Wow, I don't know why I'm so sore tonight (with pained expression). Would it bother you to get my...?" and I'm 90 days post-op from THR #2! :heehee: Of course I follow it up with phrases such as, "Man, oh, man Greg, I just couldn't have done this without you!" He beams with pride! I guess I should count my lucky stars! :-)
 
Well, my friend, your surgery eve has arrived. You've waited a long time to step into the recovery to a pain-free life zone. I have set my iPhone reminders for tomorrow at 5:30 a.m. (two hour time difference), so I can be praying for you during your surgery. I can't wait to have you join our ranks on the recovery side! Are you setting up your recovery thread today? Sending you prayers, hugs and well wishes for a successful surgery and an easy and speedy recovery! xoxoxo :loveshwr:
 
Oh, all of this back-and-forth between you girls brought me a good chuckle this morning!! Can you believe your countdown is now no longer by the days, but now by the hour, @Nana2-8?!?! You've got this, girl!!!

@Cynthia777, yes, I like your approach!! Lots of sweetness inserted into each request, and when necessary, a bit of manipulation! :eyebrows: (And then, probably that most powerful one of all, "You are amazing, you big hunk of man!" :loll:)

@BizzyLizzy, oh my goodness, YES! I became my husband's "project", as well. Of course I so appreciate his willingness to jump in and participate in my recovery, but he's become my medicine dispenser ("You're due for your next pain pill in 2 hours, 19 mins, and 7.12 seconds."); He's got his phone alarm set to go off when it's time for me to take my Coumadin, and he's now added an additional title - "PT police!" :snork:

Kathy, it may very well be that you'll have the most restful and relaxing recovery of all!!! Rooting you on all the way, dear friend - and we'll all be cheering at that very first Recovery forum post after your "graduation!!!"
Xoxoxoxox
 
From your lips, to God's ears @DizzyBlond ! Each little thing seems to be taking care of itself: car tire has been fixed and car picked up - check! DH just called and is catching an earlier plane back from DC - check! Last load of laundry done and put away, clean linens/night gown waiting - check! Just need to do the spa wash, hope the looming weather doesn't materialize, and hope my anesthesiologist calls tonight (kinda tells you something that I have a 'favorite' and am crossing my fingers that I get Mike again!!!) ~ While I have a spare moment, I might pop over to the 'other side' and start my thread. I am NOT bringing my Ipad to the hospital so may not check in until Friday or so. If I'm in a blurr, I'll ask DizzyBlond to let those interested know that I'm alive and that they have kicked me out! @Cynthia777 - just about the time you're communicating with the birds, I'll be in the capable hands of my "hero"....(with, hopefully, Mike's assistance). I'll be in touch with you as soon as I can, my friend. xxoo
 
My husband just told me he is really proud of my determination through this recovery business. He is very sweet - just sometimes doesn't have the right words - or use them in the right order!
 
Just heard from the anesthesiologist.....and his name 'ain't Mike'! Oh well, who knows, he could be just as good, or better than Mike. The clock is ticking!
 
Nana, you are on my mind and in my heart today and tomorrow (and more). I pray for you, your team and your husband. I am so pleased for you - that tomorrow is your big day. May you carry all our blessings with you as you embark on this next part of the journey, Nana.

And to chime in on the husband conversation? I hit the husband lottery I think. Even now, he doesn't "let" me do anything. He'll tell me to get out of "his" kitchen - to just tell him what I need. I told him last night I feel guilty, because it's gonna get worse before it gets better. To which he told me to not worry one little bit about that. swoon
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom