TKR I did it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Allthejays
Not sure which anti inflammatory to take. I have a os appt tomorrow and plan on asking them. My swelling is nasty right now.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi again. Day 26 and I managed a longish car journey (1.5 hours). Felt achey afterwards but not too bad ;)

Actually weighed myself today and I have lost a grand total of 23lb! I mean I could tell by my pyjamas that I had lost weight and people kept telling me that the op and the following problems had took their toll on me but because I haven't really been wearing my every day clothes I hadn't realised just how much I had lost lol. I think it's the combination of being in pain and not being able to think of anything else and the amount of pain meds I have been taking. I needed to lose a few pounds anyway lol

Has anybody found an alternative to anti inflammatory pills? Because I am on warfarin I am unable to take ibuprofen but my other painful joints are objecting to this. If anybody has any other ideas to help with arthritis I would love to hear them :)

Thanks for being around all of you xx
 
I don't think I've figured out this site yet. About the anti inflammatory pills - I had to get on prednisone to help me out. Worked fine and I am now weaning myself off of them.
 
Hi Jackie, thanks for that ;). How are you doing? Was just reading your update. Sorry to hear about all your pain xx
 
I am finally doing better. Walked with cane today and went to lunch with my hubby.
 
Hi @Allthejays
I talked to my OS and they said motrin is fine to take. It has helped with the swelling and with pt.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
[Bonesmart.org] I did it
@appaloosa girl Thanks so much for the info :). I see my doctor tomorrow so will ask him about it xx

Day 33 and I'm starting to cut back on pain meds. I've stretched my normal pills from 4 hours to five hours in between taking them and have cut out my 6pm lot. Feeling okay apart from a lot of pain in my unoperated knee. I know its because I have had to rely more on my left knee for support while my right heals but the pain in my left knee is what is waking me at night now. It's just like having constant toothache in my knee lol

Here's an updated pic of my scar. Really quite pleased with it :)
 
Hi @Allthejays
Your scar looks great!! I understand about your left leg and pain. It is taking a lot more use and it's going to fight ya. Between your pain meds and maybe the dr will let you take motrin or another anti inflammatory it hopefully will help with that.
Dana


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wow, @Allthejays, your scar looks really great. I had my TKR same day as you and my scar although straight has starts and stops and bumps. I'm using a scar cream the dr. had compounded, but I heard you can use vitamin E and Mederma. Constant toothache is a great description of the pain. The unendiness of it is debilitating. I'm trying to cut down on my Dilaudid, cause I was taking too much of it, I felt and am scared of getting addicted. So now I take it when I ache and try to alternate w. Tylenol. Now I only take about 4 mgs a day, but I wake up with pain.
 
Hi Allthejays, how are you doing? I feel like I am making progress - again - after the manipulation. That was not as bad as I feared it would be. It actually made me have less pain. I hope you are doing well.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom