How fast did your hip decline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told 5 years ago I needed a hip replacement… I was ok, had pain but it was not all the time…until the last 6 months…it got bad really really fast…Now it is horrible ... I never expected it…so be aware!!!!
@psychteach -- Yup, pretty much exactly the same for me! I was trying to wait, because *every single doctor I talked to* said no, wait, you're too young, etc. etc.--and we're talking several general practicioners, rheum, and a handful of surgeons. Then this year, wham! Within the space of two months, I was ready to talk to TEN different surgeons, if that's what it took. With moderate pain, I could still have somewhat of a life, get around, take Tai Chi, go walking, lift weights. No more.

It really doesn't matter to me if they have a "forever" hip or not. So I'll have a revision later. But I'll have my life back in the meantime. That's what's important to me now.
 
Before could do little.. Worked out upper body with weights and did lower body workout in hot tub.. Such a difference after:)


LTHR Direct Anterior May 19, 2014
 
Welcome @TrickiDicki - another Aussie... Fantastic!!

I suggest you start a thread of your own in the pre op forum, as we don't want to detail this member's thread and by starting your own thread, I and other other members will pop by and this provides the opportunity for you and your questions and concerns to receive the attention they deserve.

I look forward to seeing your first post in your own thread. Here is the link that gives you the instructions you need to do this: Starting a new thread and posting

Also, as the Nutritional Advisor to the forum, I will then provide you with links to relevant articles that I can see you will be interested in.

Just a tip, if you want to "tag" someone in response to their messages to you just type in the @ sign immediately followed by their user name and you'll see a small box in the posting area where the members user name will display. Sometimes there might be a very slight pause, but the member user name will appear.

it will show their correct name which you can click on -- then when you submit your post the member's user name/link will turn blue and send a message to them person, like this:

@Poppet
 
Welcome @TrickiDicki sorry I'm abit late on my welcome. Recovering here.

I grew up in Melbourne till I was 12

Look for to following your story
 
My hips became a pain problem for me about 2 years ago, then became impossible to manage about 9 months ago. But looking back on issues I started having 10 years ago I think might have been the start of the problem. I attributed reduced flexibility to my bad knees but all I have learned since leans me to now believe that it was the start of my hip degeneration.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom