Revision THR How do you think I am doing?<

Hope all is going well with you.
Figuring out how to handle those weight bearing restrictions?
Sending healing mojo your way.:ice:

Very glad they have you fixed. That limited weight on new stem will give body a chance to get things right so you can do this!
Thinking of you and rooting for you along your journey. Tippy Toe ajr can be your new nickname.
Temporary Tippy toe.:loveshwr:

Yes too true thanks for the good wishes and encouragement

Very glad they have you fixed. That limited weight on new stem will give body a chance to get things right so you can do this!
Thinking of you and rooting for you along your journey. Tippy Toe ajr can be your new nickname.
Temporary Tippy toe.:loveshwr:
Hi @ajr1949
Great news that all is going well so far. You're already two weeks post op tomorrow.
I hope your recovery continues to run smoothly.
A great week to you!

Thanks Layla can’t believe the absence of pain. Clips out yesterday. Very long scar but healing nicely . Many thanks for prayers and encouragement .

Hi there @ajr1949
Hooray for no more pain, clips in the garbage and healing scar!
Keep it up, you're doing great.
Wishing you comfort and peace as you continue to heal!

No pain at two weeks! Love this! Maybe all the hips should be just toe touch for six weeks? Just thinking out loud here...
Glad to hear all is going well for you and hope you aren't too stir crazy with the weight bearing restrictions.

Hey there you sound familiar? I remember how that roller coaster ride went , one day your up the next it's down time,slow down and rest, rest, rest. It's ok!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    37 KB · Views: 126
Thanks BeBe. Maybe you have hit on something there . So different to the first op. How I imagined it should be if it went well . Yes staying sane might be the new challenge. Box sets books puzzles, looking out the window are some of my go to saviors and so thankful for the Winter Olympics where I vicariously ski and snowboard and curl myself from boredom ha. All worth it for no pain and six weeks tippy toe . Wishing all on the forum equally good outcomes.

Hi there. I went through a revision surgery w non weight bearing for 6 weeks. Just saw dr yesterday and can now go full weight bearing w walker and start PT. However if PT makes it worse I will stop. Right now I’m sore from just walking around house but since day 1 I guess what do I expect. I hope you continue to heal and please keep me posted.

Thanks Zinfandel. Let me know how you get on with the full weight bearing . Did you get out at all whilst partial weight bearing ? Did you ice? I have found that very beneficial . Doing some light exercises on the bed. All the best and we will swap notes . Was your problem looseness or something else?

No pain is awesome! Long road for you, but sounds like this time the fix is good!

Hi @ajr1949
Wishing you a weekend of comfortable relaxation and minimal boredom.
Hope all is going well.
Happy Friday to you!

Hi @ajr1949
Wondering how you're doing three weeks post op?
Hopefully recovery is going well.
Give us an update when you have time, we'd love to hear about your progress.
Hope your week is great!

Pretty good so far thanks Layla. No pain. I have a very long scar that is healing nicely . Still toe touch only for another three weeks which is the hard part now. All in all I am happy to be pain free and can’t wait for the next step on my way to walking again . How are you doing yourself ? Well I hope. Family have been very supportive which is great.

That patience is going to play off big fashion for you, I'm betting.
Good for family stepping up!
Come on April.
ajr1949 is ready to get that new hip on the road

So glad to hear things are going well for you, I can understand the frustration, but like you having had my 4th revision I have really enjoyed the winter Olympics, wonderful weren't they, we have no cats now but 7 dogs and they are so therapeutic, good luck with your recovery, keep safe in the snowxx

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Nosila
Recent bookmarks