Revision THR How do you think I am doing?<

Hi @ajr1949. Sorry to read of your struggles. I am having second hip replaced the day before your revision. There’s quite a group of us in February. Hope you pain is kept manageable and they find no signs of infection.
 
Pleased you have a date for your revision. Sorry to read of your struggles. I’m sure your revision will go well :flwrysmile:
 
Hi @ajr1949
So sorry! It's been a long haul but it appears there's a light at the end of the tunnel.
Prayers all goes well with your pre-op on Wednesday and you're ready to rock and roll.
We'll be here to encourage and cheer you on! Please keep us posted.
Warm wishes for a great week!
 
Hi there @ajr1949
Thinking of you today....wondering how your pre-op went. Hopefully good, keeping all on schedule.
So sorry you have to go through this. Stop by and give us an update if you are interested in sharing.
Relief is in sight!! Prayers continue for comfort as you wait.
 
Thanks Layla. Pre-op went well. Swabs bloods and a few questions. I am now counting the days and trying to avoid anyone with the sniffles. No last minutes hiccups hopefully. Family and friends have been very supportive and helpful and understanding and so much good vibes from the Bonesmart community. I hear good stories about the new surgeon and hospital which improves ones confidence and that is great. I will keep you posted nearer the time and I hope things are working out well for you too.
 
Sending healing mojo your way.
Let's get back on the healing side.
Wishing you all the best.:loveshwr:
 
Last edited:
Well I am now 12 days post op and so far so good. No pain just some soreness around the wound. I was discharged with with crutches and touch toe weight bearing. Stitches should come out this week and due for follow up on March 23rd. Early days but very hopeful for good recovery. Many thanks again for the prayers and good wishes. The surgeon confirmed that the shafts was indeed loose.
 
Welcome to the other side again! Sounds like you are doing well. Limited weight bearing is tough - hang in there! Please keep us updated!
 
Thanks Jacey. Yes sooner I can fully weight bear the better. Will keep you posted.
 
I hated toe touch, had to do it for 6 weeks after labrum repair. It’s worth it for a successful outcome. Glad you have soreness more than pain.
 
Thanks both appreciate it. Yes toe touch is a slow process methinks but hopefully it will prevent any early setback. See how I feel after another four weeks ha
 
Very glad they have you fixed. That limited weight on new stem will give body a chance to get things right so you can do this!
Thinking of you and rooting for you along your journey. Tippy Toe ajr can be your new nickname.
Temporary Tippy toe.:loveshwr:
 
Last edited:
Hi @ajr1949
Great news that all is going well so far. You're already two weeks post op tomorrow.
I hope your recovery continues to run smoothly.
A great week to you!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom