
Numbness after TKR is an inevitable consequence of this surgery Numb area after TKR: how long will it last? Some people's numb patch will go away but most won't. I'm 4½ years out and mine is still as numb as ever. Pain and sensitivity is also sometimes inevitable. Mine is also very tender and can hurt if I kneel on or bump it. Fact is, there are sometimes things like this that hang on for no apparent reason. It just 'is'.Most of the pain is on-what I guess you would call-the lateral side of my knee. This is also the area where I had a lot of numbness after the surgery. There is still numbness but not as bad and the area is really kinda of rigid.
Well, doc says that the xrays say I am good. He seems to think it is a muscular issue due to my increased activity....treadmill, yoga, etc. I am inclined to agree with him. He said to keep it up but slowly increase. If it starts to bother, slow up.
I still have some discomfort and stiffness but for the most part I am doing ok. Trying to determine if I want to get the other knee done this year. I have a check-up appointment next month and will get my OS's opinion.
United States-I changed your thread title but you can do it yourself. Just look for "Thread tools" at the top of the page.