THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

Hi @SurreyGirl
I hope you're okay...
Please know we're here if you need us.
Wishing you comfort and peace.
 
Thanks. I am not going to worry too much right now. I have to have a biopsy so will know the results in a few weeks. Not looking forward to the GA and worried about infection but the nhs have reacted very quickly, less than a month from stated problem to GP, to ultrasound to investigative op!

In the meantime still working, dieting and exercising..

But a LOT going on right now, not all easy but hanging on in there :-)
 
I know! I was very lucky.. It is unsupervised but shallow so no worries. I found out today whilst floating on my back that there is a small current. I did wonder why coming back up the pool was harder than going down it!

@Barbaraj the lights get dimmed at 9pm so very surreal between 9-10pm but relaxing. The hip whinges a bit sometimes and I still have to moisturise the scar afterwards as can sting even a year out!
 
Thinking of you my longtime hippy pal...just catching up with your thread and can definitely sympathize with waiting on test results:oyvey:
Stressful.
Sending you all the best:angel:
 
Well, @SurreyGirl, I am imagining you floating in that lovely pool today, all those pesky other swimmers nowhere to be seen, and thinking how peaceful and relaxing it might feel. Then I remember that you're doing this for exercise and I see you starting to stretch out legs and feet and starting to move. First part sounds more fun, but good for you for getting into the pool and exercising. It's going to pay off for you, I know. Nothing like exercise for physical AND mental health. Have a great day!
 
Op investigation tomorrow so one more pool session tonight as I may not be able to swim did a few days or longer post op.

Last Friday I swam with my old gym trainer. She is a lovely lady and helped me lose weight before the op. Swimming is not in her comfort zone so a bit of role reversal going on. I have a bit of sore soft tissue at the back of my right ankle which might be due to over kicking so will keep an eye on it. Otherwise all fine.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow. I am not looking forward to being in hospital again!
 
Enjoy that pool and sending you the best wishes ever for tomorrow's procedure/test. :flwrysmile:
 
Hi, @SurreyGirl I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and hope all goes well, and despite your lack of enthusiasm about being back in a hospital (a setting I warrant NONE of us ever looks forward to!) that you'll do well and be out in no time. And look at you--one more swim before the hospital. I bet it felt good. I remember my last exercise session the day before surgery. I looked down mournfully at my hip and said goodbye as I stretched and bent and huffed away. Last workout for awhile. Best to you, you're going to do just fine. Hugs.
 
Good Morning,
Many will be thinking of you today as you go through your procedure. Sending a warm hug and prayers
for your comfort, peace of mind and that all is well. Will look forward to hearing from you soon.
:prayer:
@SurreyGirl
 
Thinking of you and hope you are doing well.
Hugs, my hippy pal.:roseshwr:
 
Hi everyone. In the ward and have been waiting ages! The consultant seems nice, more about him later.

However I am being driven MAD, not by the dementia patient next door to me but by her husband who is spouting politics re Brexit and driving me nuts. She had forgotten if she had breakfast so now they are delaying her as can’t the risk... at this rate I will have to stay overnight if they don’t operate soon. Not what I wanted. The consultant was lovely and wants to sign me off for three days.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom