THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

Wonderful update and report on the holiday!! :loveshwr:

@gertie if you read my early reports you can tell it wasn't an easy ride but got there eventually!

Great to see you here @SurreyGirl and hear about all your grand adventures!

Amazing all that you are able to do now, one year out. Gives me hope! Salsa dancing and scuba diving sound amazing. Hadn’t even thought about the obstacles you mentioned. It’s a hip obstacle course to be sure. Thank you for checking in and giving us your update!

Happy summer!

Hey, @SurreyGirl, I am at the hospital winding down the long, boring afternoon post surgery by writing texts, emails and, of course Bonesmart posts! It’s midweek here in my neck of the world but fortunately for me it is a rainy gray day so being stuck in a hospital I am not feeling jealous for missing a day in the sunshine! Hope your week is going well.

Laylas pic.jpg

Happy One Year Anniversary!
I hope you do something special to celebrate your big day.
Thanks for all the support you offer here. :loveshwr:

Thank you SO much @Layla. That has made my day! I would like to give a huge thank you to all the people who have supported me publicly and privately and it has been fun to meet some of you in “real life” too. Sadly I am about to go to work but lovely to be able to do so without pain....

This op has really been life changing for me and I never thought that this time last year!

Good grief, @SurreyGirl--has it really been ONE WHOLE YEAR since your surgery? How quickly the time has passed. I remember your tough start post-surgery and while it's not been a smooth road (is it for anyone?!!) you've done marvelously well. Here's to all of us hipsters! Wahoo, and happy one year anniversary!

Hi @SurreyGirl. Happy Anni

Glad to see you are now doing so well after your rough beginnings, all of which I I followed through my own recovery; and that you have fun in really exotic sounding places.

We actually had our ops quite close to one another; my hip is a June 2018 baby.

I have also had a bit of an annus horribilus (or at least the 2nd quarter of 19) if put into financial mumbo jumbo) after a slip in the kitchen, which my new hip did not enjoy (though no structural was damage done) followed by a case of insanely painful sciatic nerve pain, which has resolved after lots of back strength and stretch exercises.

May we all be healthy and well enough to live beautiful and fulfilled lives.

Thanks! Just intensive swimming for now. Back in hospital today for a pre op assessment for an investigation into something else. Such a shame when the hip is going so well. Won’t say anymore unless it is bad news!

I find swimming so good for my hips - regularly do 1km to 2 km and feel much better for it. I envy your pool - much nicer than our ( very expensive) club's pools.

To celebrate 9 months had a lobster tasting menu in cloisters in a very old London church. With some very nice wine.

Happy One Year Anniversary!!! You have been such an inspiration to so many here. That pool is amazing!! Wonderful to read that your hip has been life changing! Can’t get better than that. ❤️

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom