SurreyGirl
supremo
A bit of an update!
The house hunting was really interesting. Fell in love with a thatched cottage with a beautiful garden and surrounded by fields. But THATCH! The house came down by £50K this week and is now affordable but I might be terrified of fire. It is gorgeous though and in the area we would like to live in.
Swimming continuing to go well. Tried going Sunday evening and that turned out to be the busiest time! I had some groin pain after my last session but that might have been to do with water walking and pressure on the hip that way. My water shoes have a cross strap that fastens with velcro so straps the foot in… Quite good. I have AA narrow feet so have to have shoes to fit otherwise twisted ankles are common for me..
Re yoga - I am being very cautious so have not got into that yet. If I meet the lady again who recommended it I might go with her as she has had a hip op so knows the score. I think BodyPump might be a bit too much. I am cautious re weights now as don't want to aggravate my other hip. Poolates is a bit of a rush to get to after work so might try that once we are on earlier finishes in the summer holidays…
"The Theatre of the Real" comment comes from La Carre's "Little Drummer Girl" and refers to acting in real life as opposed to on stage. I cannot take credit for it.
Glad people are looking into swim shoes - they really help my confidence on wet pool tiles, swimming pool ladders and, last but not least, climbing down the steps into the jacuzzi when bubbles obscure the vision!
Finally, had a rather fraught visit to a private dentist today. Had been recommended by my regular dentist as they do sedation! I am a wuss… Parking in the town was awful and I ended up parking half a mile away and having to hoof it fast to make the appointment. I did it in less than 10 minutes. I know this is hardly competition for Roger Bannister but I was quite pleased at how quickly I could move compared to before. Hermione complained a bit afterwards but was ok. The half mile back I took a bit slower and then a half hour drive home and was fine… Next appointment Friday when the decision will be made to take the tooth out or try to repair the crack.. EEEK! This won't come cheap…
The house hunting was really interesting. Fell in love with a thatched cottage with a beautiful garden and surrounded by fields. But THATCH! The house came down by £50K this week and is now affordable but I might be terrified of fire. It is gorgeous though and in the area we would like to live in.
Swimming continuing to go well. Tried going Sunday evening and that turned out to be the busiest time! I had some groin pain after my last session but that might have been to do with water walking and pressure on the hip that way. My water shoes have a cross strap that fastens with velcro so straps the foot in… Quite good. I have AA narrow feet so have to have shoes to fit otherwise twisted ankles are common for me..
Re yoga - I am being very cautious so have not got into that yet. If I meet the lady again who recommended it I might go with her as she has had a hip op so knows the score. I think BodyPump might be a bit too much. I am cautious re weights now as don't want to aggravate my other hip. Poolates is a bit of a rush to get to after work so might try that once we are on earlier finishes in the summer holidays…
"The Theatre of the Real" comment comes from La Carre's "Little Drummer Girl" and refers to acting in real life as opposed to on stage. I cannot take credit for it.
Glad people are looking into swim shoes - they really help my confidence on wet pool tiles, swimming pool ladders and, last but not least, climbing down the steps into the jacuzzi when bubbles obscure the vision!
Finally, had a rather fraught visit to a private dentist today. Had been recommended by my regular dentist as they do sedation! I am a wuss… Parking in the town was awful and I ended up parking half a mile away and having to hoof it fast to make the appointment. I did it in less than 10 minutes. I know this is hardly competition for Roger Bannister but I was quite pleased at how quickly I could move compared to before. Hermione complained a bit afterwards but was ok. The half mile back I took a bit slower and then a half hour drive home and was fine… Next appointment Friday when the decision will be made to take the tooth out or try to repair the crack.. EEEK! This won't come cheap…
United Kingdom

but that will soon be rectified. Sorry to read about your tooth, there's almost nothing worse.
One of my favorite sayings "This too shall pass" am I right?