THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

053CCF27-6715-4A03-8605-977078D68DB6.jpeg .

Roll on Summer!

I need a couple pairs of those for under some dresses this summer! You get a much nicer selection of things like that in the UK. I used to love shopping at M&S when we lived overseas.

My husband made the mistake of mentioning how big my granny panties look on me last night. :tantrum2: The lecture was long and involved references to body parts that might soon trouble him enough to need extra large undies to keep pressure off sore areas. Don't think he will be mentioning that again soon!

@SurreyGirl
You do get about don't you? Off to France for easter, sounds fab. I am glad the scar site has calmed down a bit. Interesting about you massaging it. I had mentioned earlier in my thread that I don't like touching my new scar, although the latest is much newer than yours. But OS said to massage and Celle pointed out to me that massaging is a good way of de-sensitising the scar. So. as much as I don't like doing it, it seems that I am going to have to bite the bullet.

I am still trying to plan an early summer break but need the knee to be better than it is before I book anything.

@Bionic send me a pm!! Would love to know where you will be.... if I have joined might be able to get you a guest pass to the swanky health club!!

Hi everyone! Just coming to the end of a wonderful week in France. No driving (by me) and no huddling over a computer desk. And guess what?! No pain, no stiffness and hardly any scar pain. Finally! So I think there is a lesson for me there...

Hip slightly stiff after a mile walk there and back to a wine fair with lots of tasting and standing for five hours but not bad at all. Weather obliged by being very sunny and warm until today. Was having a drink in the hotel garden and the automatic sprinklers came on at 6pm soaking some of the guests and narrowly missing me! But I got out of my chair fast. That would not have happened just two months ago. So there is hope for all of us after what seemed (to me) to be a glacially slow recovery. 9 month anniversary coming up shortly.

Hope everyone is well and recent recoverers are managing ok.

Back to work shortly. :-(

Always reassuring to know we can evacuate! :) I had the sprinklers come on at the veggies in the store not long before my surgery and remember thinking how slow I was to get out of the way.

Just realised it is my 9 month anniversary today! I really appreciate all the support given on here and I have learnt so much. Thanks everyone.

Back at work now and driving after the Easter break and notice I am stiffening up again so will be mindful to get up and walk about often.

I did a fair bit of walking whilst in France and did not use the Leki once even in the cobbled stones. . Was careful not to overdo it however.

Back to swimming next week :)

Well done you jumping out of a chair... wow.. I’m looking forward to that!!
Perhaps you were sitting longer over Easter... hope the stiffness eases off... I know with my first THR it was a least a year before I forgot it was a new hip because of stiffness xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks @Hoppy Nanny and I will bear that in mind. The stiffness is much worse when sitting at my desk at work for any length of time but I am aware of what sets it off now.

France was great with lovely weather, friends and food and wine. I was quite active and the long car journeys were fine and I could walk off the stiffness in 10 minutes. So much progress compared to the first three months!

Hope your new hip continues to improve. You know the drill! Happy Weekend :)

The Swanky Heath Club offers something called “Diva Dance”..... hmmmm. I wonder if I should give it a go?!

Attachments

• 3A6B3CE9-BE80-412B-B53D-A9A0BEF95146.jpeg
    3A6B3CE9-BE80-412B-B53D-A9A0BEF95146.jpeg
    40.6 KB · Views: 165

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties