BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Joint Replacement Patient Advocacy
and Online Community
  1. RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Dismiss Notice

[THR] Hopefully Hippy Recovery

Discussion in 'Hip Replacement Recovery Area' started by SurreyGirl, Jul 25, 2018.

1. SurreyGirl

SurreyGirl post-grad

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    D75EA83D-23C8-4F19-BB9C-064169F67BA6.jpeg Well?

Naturally I was NOT the model for this! But it does come in my size...

That is not a zip at the front btw!

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. SarahBee

SarahBee graduate

United States United States
    Oh, I do like this! For a swimsuit, it is almost elegant! Give "fit bloke" a run for his money in the looks great category!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bionic

Bionic post-grad

I am sure fit bloke will be in favour of that swimsuit. As for hog a lots I think I would get in and sit between them :heehee:

• Funny Funny x 5
  4. Hoppy Nanny

Hoppy Nanny Sr Bonesmartie

Love that cossie!!!
    I was cleared for water walking this week... no swimming for 4 weeks... sadly no fit blokes at our Country Club

Your day sounded ‘phew’ Wine at 2.30 am .. jeez!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 5
  5. SurreyGirl

SurreyGirl post-grad

2:30pm not am!!

Water walking is quite tiring I found. You can really feel the resistance of the water.

Re the hog-a-lots. I did consider that but the two of them and the foaming water they created was somewhat offputting!

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. Klassy

Klassy senior

I shall definitely get some of those aqua shoes. So many useful things I learn here!

I just bought the cheapest swimsuit I could find, because I'm not sure how much use it will get. Plus I don't think any costume will look good on me so prefer not to spend time looking. This one proclaimed it had " tummy control" and indeed it compresses my waistline very nicely. But then my podgy back bulges over the top edge. I always think of a birthday card I saw which said "Another birthday? Don't worry, there are worse things in the world. For example, nuclear holocausts and trying on swimsuits."

I'm just going to give the knee a little more rest before me, snazzy suit and shoes and back fat go make some waves.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Carriemay60

Carriemay60 post-grad

Canada Canada
    :eeeuw::eeeuw::eeeuw:

:happydance: :heehee: Hilarious!! I have seen that card here too!

@SurreyGirl I quite like that suit! It would look lovely on holiday with a wrap skirt cover-up too.

• Like Like x 2
  8. mollymum

mollymum member

That's a fabulous swimsuit-- I'll need a size bigger by the time I get back in the pool:heehee:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. SurreyGirl

SurreyGirl post-grad

Haven’t ordered it yet. Met up with another forum member yesterday and what a very lovely lady she is. Great to see both of us coping without sticks even though I sat too long over lunch....so stiff afterwards....

Hopefully back in the pool tonight. I was naughty yesterday and had a rhubarb crumble sundae with elderflower ice cream and cream. It was amazing but, oh so Bad!

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Carriemay60

Carriemay60 post-grad

Canada Canada
    How fun to meet another forum user! Your dessert sounds ridiculously good!

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Bionic

Bionic post-grad

Not sure whose dessert as worse, yours or mine. I had sticky toffee pudding with ice cream. Mmm delish.

• Like Like x 2
  12. SurreyGirl

SurreyGirl post-grad

A word on water shoes. One of mine came off in the pool tonight. I could not get it back on. Raising my hip to the height needed was hard enough and, in the water, putting on a shoe designed to float was impossible. I got the giggles. Goodness knows how I will manage with flippers!

Good news, I had the place to myself for 40 minutes. Quite amazing. Loved it. after 40 minutes swimming I climbed into the jacuzzi. Fit Bloke turned up and had the pool to himself. In the changing rooms I Met a lady going from her yoga class to the pool. She saw me rubbing cream into my scar... Turned out she had had a hip op in the same hospital as me. We swapped stories on our surgeons etc...

I asked her whether she had had posterior or anterior. She said “no idea but the scar reminded me of Jaws biting me from behind”.... brilliant description :)

She is now trying to persuade me to go to Beginners Yoga....hmmmm tbc

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. SurreyGirl

SurreyGirl post-grad

My hippie friend, whom I met in “the theatre of the real” for the first time yesterday loves that dessert!

How is the knee doing? @Bionic

• Like Like x 2
  14. Carriemay60

Carriemay60 post-grad

Canada Canada
    I love sticky toffee with Birds Custard but hubby is not a fan. I have never made it but do buy some once in a while from a speciality shop. I am thinking I need a bread & butter pudding this rainy long weekend to go with a roast beef and "sky high" yorkshire dinner.
    This gave me the giggles for sure!! :heehee: Hoping "fit bloke" didn't decide to arrive at that moment. But seriously getting those things on dry feet when they are dry and you are 100% fit is a huge challenge too!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Bionic

Bionic post-grad

@SurreyGirl
    Knee is improving thanks but still a long way to go. Physio was very pleased yesterday with my walking. Need to focus on the bend now. He said he isn't worried about numbers but just wants to get me in a position where I can lead a normal life.
    Went to view a health spa yesterday to see if I wanted to join. I think the place is very expensive for what it is. Not exactly what I would call a health spa. Not luxurious but there is a small pool, jacuzzi and steam room. Apparently it's very quiet in the off peak times. There were 2 ladies in the pool yesterday afternoon and no one in the gym.
    My intention is to use the pool for strengthening exercises initially and then maybe the gym when I feel more confident again.
    How did your house viewings go over the last bank holiday? Anything exciting?

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Klassy

Klassy senior

I like the expression “theatre of the real”. I am intrigued by the idea of meeting someone there. Would they resemble their virtual self? I find myself disoriented enough by photos sometimes that don’t match my mental image. For example, a certain someone who quite often mentions desserts and who was roly-poly to match in my mind then turns out to be disconcertingly slender.

I plan to shop for my aqua shoes in the arena of the material, since online reviews, and your experience, emphasise the need for a close fit. Though whether that is achievable in shoes I can actually get on remains to be seen.

Re the jaws bite, I was actually surprised to see my scar when I was checking to see how my cellulite looked in the new swimsuit. Shows how little I think about the op these days!

• Like Like x 3
  17. Cassidy

Cassidy senior

I was interested to read your comment about the possibility of your joining a beginners yoga class @SurreyGirl. I was told about an online 30-day yoga course, which sounded interesting, but I was concerned that I might get into positions that don't suit a hip replacement. I wonder if anybody knows which they might be? We're at about the same stage of recovery; I feel pretty good, but mustn't be tempted into doing things I know I shouldn't just because .....!

• Like Like x 3
  18. HertsHippy

HertsHippy member

@SurreyGirl - I have been entertained by recent posts about the club and eating. I have not tried yoga recently - I am not very flexible and much prefer Pilates which seems to be very good for hips although there are a lot of bridges and oysters. However much depends on the level of the class and the teacher.

I did body pump yesterday - exercises with weights. It was very hard and really showed me that I have a long way to go to regain the strength in my bad old hip even though I have been doing quite a lot of exercise. I am not sure I would recommend body pump to many people!

How is the poolates going or have you decided to do other activities?

19. Hoppy Nanny

Hoppy Nanny Sr Bonesmartie

I just bought a pair of the aqua shoes @SurreyGirl think they might help with confidence in the pool..
    Loving these desserts.... but... I’m dieting ...4lbs down ...10lbs to go.. but I’m drooling thinking of them... you go ahead & enjoy!

@Carriemay60
    That all sounds like a very English roast dinner!!! Yum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
  20. Cathippy

Cathippy member

I am hoping my body and mind will rebalance by nine months @SurreyGirl and by 12mths body wont mind work so much. Glad you had a good holiday:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1