Guest viewing is limited

THR Hopefully Hippy Recovery

[Bonesmart.org] Hopefully Hippy Recovery Well?

Naturally I was NOT the model for this! But it does come in my size...

That is not a zip at the front btw!
 
Love that cossie!!!
I was cleared for water walking this week... no swimming for 4 weeks... sadly no fit blokes at our Country Club [emoji849]

Your day sounded ‘phew’ Wine at 2.30 am .. jeez!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I shall definitely get some of those aqua shoes. So many useful things I learn here!

I just bought the cheapest swimsuit I could find, because I'm not sure how much use it will get. Plus I don't think any costume will look good on me so prefer not to spend time looking. This one proclaimed it had " tummy control" and indeed it compresses my waistline very nicely. But then my podgy back bulges over the top edge. I always think of a birthday card I saw which said "Another birthday? Don't worry, there are worse things in the world. For example, nuclear holocausts and trying on swimsuits."

I'm just going to give the knee a little more rest before me, snazzy suit and shoes and back fat go make some waves.
 
Re the hog-a-lots. I did consider that but the two of them and the foaming water they created was somewhat offputting!
:eeeuw::eeeuw::eeeuw:

For example, nuclear holocausts and trying on swimsuits
:happydance: :heehee: Hilarious!! I have seen that card here too!

@SurreyGirl I quite like that suit! It would look lovely on holiday with a wrap skirt cover-up too.
 
Haven’t ordered it yet. Met up with another forum member yesterday and what a very lovely lady she is. Great to see both of us coping without sticks even though I sat too long over lunch....so stiff afterwards....

Hopefully back in the pool tonight. I was naughty yesterday and had a rhubarb crumble sundae with elderflower ice cream and cream. It was amazing but, oh so Bad!
 
A word on water shoes. One of mine came off in the pool tonight. I could not get it back on. Raising my hip to the height needed was hard enough and, in the water, putting on a shoe designed to float was impossible. I got the giggles. Goodness knows how I will manage with flippers!

Good news, I had the place to myself for 40 minutes. Quite amazing. Loved it. after 40 minutes swimming I climbed into the jacuzzi. Fit Bloke turned up and had the pool to himself. In the changing rooms I Met a lady going from her yoga class to the pool. She saw me rubbing cream into my scar... Turned out she had had a hip op in the same hospital as me. We swapped stories on our surgeons etc...

I asked her whether she had had posterior or anterior. She said “no idea but the scar reminded me of Jaws biting me from behind”.... brilliant description :)

She is now trying to persuade me to go to Beginners Yoga....hmmmm tbc
 
I had sticky toffee pudding with ice cream
I love sticky toffee with Birds Custard but hubby is not a fan. I have never made it but do buy some once in a while from a speciality shop. I am thinking I need a bread & butter pudding this rainy long weekend to go with a roast beef and "sky high" yorkshire dinner.
I got the giggles. Goodness knows how I will manage with flippers!
This gave me the giggles for sure!! :heehee: Hoping "fit bloke" didn't decide to arrive at that moment. But seriously getting those things on dry feet when they are dry and you are 100% fit is a huge challenge too!
 
@SurreyGirl
Knee is improving thanks but still a long way to go. Physio was very pleased yesterday with my walking. Need to focus on the bend now. He said he isn't worried about numbers but just wants to get me in a position where I can lead a normal life.
Went to view a health spa yesterday to see if I wanted to join. I think the place is very expensive for what it is. Not exactly what I would call a health spa. Not luxurious but there is a small pool, jacuzzi and steam room. Apparently it's very quiet in the off peak times. There were 2 ladies in the pool yesterday afternoon and no one in the gym.
My intention is to use the pool for strengthening exercises initially and then maybe the gym when I feel more confident again.
How did your house viewings go over the last bank holiday? Anything exciting?
 
I like the expression “theatre of the real”. I am intrigued by the idea of meeting someone there. Would they resemble their virtual self? I find myself disoriented enough by photos sometimes that don’t match my mental image. For example, a certain someone who quite often mentions desserts and who was roly-poly to match in my mind then turns out to be disconcertingly slender.

I plan to shop for my aqua shoes in the arena of the material, since online reviews, and your experience, emphasise the need for a close fit. Though whether that is achievable in shoes I can actually get on remains to be seen.

Re the jaws bite, I was actually surprised to see my scar when I was checking to see how my cellulite looked in the new swimsuit. Shows how little I think about the op these days!
 
I was interested to read your comment about the possibility of your joining a beginners yoga class @SurreyGirl. I was told about an online 30-day yoga course, which sounded interesting, but I was concerned that I might get into positions that don't suit a hip replacement. I wonder if anybody knows which they might be? We're at about the same stage of recovery; I feel pretty good, but mustn't be tempted into doing things I know I shouldn't just because .....!
 
@SurreyGirl - I have been entertained by recent posts about the club and eating. I have not tried yoga recently - I am not very flexible and much prefer Pilates which seems to be very good for hips although there are a lot of bridges and oysters. However much depends on the level of the class and the teacher.

I did body pump yesterday - exercises with weights. It was very hard and really showed me that I have a long way to go to regain the strength in my bad old hip even though I have been doing quite a lot of exercise. I am not sure I would recommend body pump to many people!

How is the poolates going or have you decided to do other activities?
 
I just bought a pair of the aqua shoes @SurreyGirl think they might help with confidence in the pool..
Loving these desserts.... but... I’m dieting ...4lbs down ...10lbs to go.. but I’m drooling thinking of them... you go ahead & enjoy!

@Carriemay60
That all sounds like a very English roast dinner!!! Yum


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom