Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

[Bonesmart.org] Hope for 2020, Revised THR

@f4f
Beautiful willow...glad you are doing well.
 
Thanks for the beautiful picture, Sarah, and so glad you are doing so well. You renew my hope that the green will be exploding around here pretty soon. Being out in the yard, heaven! You put a smile on this face and it was sorely needed. Thanks, again, for your sweet support and always encouraging all of us in so many ways. ❤️❤️❤️
 
Gorgeous! Even prettier than the last one you shared, Sarah.
Spring is definitely in bloom in your neck of the woods. Won‘t be too long here now and I can’t wait!:happydance:

Enjoy those daily walks. :walking:
@Fit4Family
 
You are way ahead of my weather though I do see tiny buds on my flowering plum tree. I can see it outside my dining room window so it is especially nice to have some signs of spring here.

Thank you for sharing such a cheerful picture.
 
Happy Anniversary for your hip Sarah @Fit4Family
Do hope all is better for you... loving your photos

The weather looks fab there & good to see you getting out ...

Getting out here is difficult ... we’ve had to self isolate completely.... luckily we can still walk to the beach maintsining social distancing... it’s gone mad..everything closed... I hope you are keeping safe... love Chrissie xx❤️
 
@Hoppy Nanny

Thinking of you Chrissie ❤ It has gone mad. Just in last few days, park I walk in less smiles from solo walkers. Hoping we can all keep grounded. Nature does that for me, I remember your beach photos.

Sending wishes for peace to all and hope for brighter days ahead.

Cherry Trees in bloom today. Took time to look up and soak in the beauty.
 
Last edited:
So sad that some people forget that you can smile at someone without touching them though smiles do tend to be contagious but in a good non virus way. It is a tense time for everyone. So nice that your cherry trees are blooming. I too get much peace and serenity from being outside and we took a walk today our in the fields. I of course had my hiking poles for as I reminded my husband this is not the time to do anything silly to my body and with uneven ground it is easy to twist an ankle or whatever besides I love walking with my poles and it gets me automatic arm exercises also.

Have a peaceful day.
 
Good Morning all!

Wonderful reminder @leejaa Smiles do seem to spread when they are shared. I too still use trekking poles when going on longer walks. Down to one, but it’s more relaxing to be able to look around without being overly cautious of uneven ground or hills.
 
Hi @Fit4Family .... Checking in on your wonderful update! From what I'm reading, you are doing very well :egypdance:

So glad to hear you are out there again, and taking beautiful pictures of springtime where you live. We still have a bit of snow, but I'm not that upset, since we are hibernating anyway because of this awful virus. I trust that it will be over soon, and everyone will be soooooo much more grateful for the liberties we took for granted.

Have a wonderful day. PS It's snowing outside :snow::snow:
 
Hello @Bfam85

Great to see you here. We will get through this! I imagine snow does make hibernation a little easier. Maybe?? Our kids want to hang twinkle lights. We all need cheering.

I am thrilled to be mobile and looking forward to going back out into the world once this virus passes. Thank you so much for all of your support. Means a lot!

Take care everyone! :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile: :SUNsmile:
 
Yippee!!! Thrilled to celebrate my 3 month revision surgery today! :dogwalk:

I am walking 100% unaided and becoming stronger each day to go further distances. I moved my OS follow up to next month. I am at about 85% right now. Range of motion is improving. Still need to push off table to get off ground. Thrilled with progress so far.

So very grateful for the BoneSmart community and all the moderators and friends who have provided countless hours of encouragement and advise this past year. I will hold you in my heart forever. I will come back and update monthly for future hipsters that are facing a loose stem revision. I hope my revision story will provide hope and encouragement.

My best wishes to all!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Hope for 2020, Revised THR Sweet Sarah

You have made my day reading your news. xx I couldn't be more pleased as you have worked so hard (through blood, sweat and tears) to achieve this outcome. May you continue to improve.

Enjoy the Spring, hopefully in your garden. It is beautiful here today, warm and sunny with a slight breeze and I have already had a wander and may sit out for a bit later.

Take care and be safe.
[Bonesmart.org] Hope for 2020, Revised THR Always in my thoughts, Izzy xx
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
What a wonderful update from a sweet soul. I’m so happy for you and the progress you’ve made. It‘s been a long journey and things are really looking up. I do hope you will stay connected since selfishly many of us would miss you if you didn’t, but most importantly your story is one that can offer hope and inspiration to those facing the uncertainty of revision.

Also, thank you for your kind words on my thread.
Please take good care these days, be safe and stay well.
Hugs
@Fit4Family
 
Still need to push off table to get off ground. Thrilled with progress so far.

So very grateful for the BoneSmart community and all the moderators and friends who have provided countless hours of encouragement and advise this past year. I will hold you in my heart forever.
So happy to hear you doing so well @Fit4Family. I too still need something to assist me getting off the ground and can't decide if I just to get stronger or if it's just age catching up with me since the last time I could actually get on the ground and even have a chance at getting up. :heehee:
The support we receive from the BoneSmart community is certainly unmatched but rest assured you have paid it forward many times over with all the support you have offered for others even when you were struggling with your own issues. :flwrysmile:
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary! You've come such a long way and all the while with such grace. So happy to read your update and yes, you are and will be an inspiration for others! :yes!::loveshwr::happydance:
 
Oh, F4F...I am so happy that you are doing So Well :yahoo:
Your story is no less than inspirational...a story of a life upended in an instant, a story of struggle and disappointment and then hope intertwined with anxiousness..
A story of courage, persistance, and triumphs.
The story continues...and I do love happy endings!:roseshwr:

Your concern and comfort for others in the midst of your own recovery always warmed my heart.
Hope you will still be popping in often.

All the best mojo to follow you as you get stronger.
 
Thank you so much all! Happy tears over coffee here. :loveshwr: Celebrated with a lot of yard work yesterday afternoon. Silver lining of an overgrown yard is that there is always something to do! Wonder when my marvel will stop at all the little things I can do? Yesterday I was easily stepping over tree roots and scaling our front yard hill. I can DO it! :)

You know I would miss you all too much to not check in @Layla @Mojo333 @Elf1 I am holding on to the hope that @CricketHip gets us all together for a weekend trip. Would be a hoot.

Izzy @Izabel we have held hands through this journey since the beginning, and I am not letting go. I am looking forward to your birthday celebration next month and hopeful for more encouraging news. Blood, sweat and lots of tears is true, but proud to find out what we are made of. Like imagining you in your beautiful garden soaking in the sun.

Laughed at your explanation @FCBayern as to why we are struggling to get off ground. We may be getting older, but oh so much wiser. I am determined to get there. My 88 year old Dad can still get up off ground. Still tough as nails. Figure it’s mind over matter. If I could just stop stress eating ice cream, this might be easier to master. :heehee: Thank you for your kind words. You have been an inspiration here.

Happy weekend all, Stay safe. We all know what resilience looks like.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom