Watch 2020 JRAD Videos

Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

ceezee

graduate
Country
United States United States
Hi Sarah! :wave:

I'm so happy your recovery is coming along nicely. Slow and steady does help it work. Your perseverance has been outstanding and you’re a real beacon to those who struggle through the process. You never gave up.

You were such an incredible help to me after my second surgery when I was so fearful I had a loose stem. You gave me great information and support and kept me grounded. It all worked out for me in the end and I’m getting close to a year on the first hip and just a few months after that, my second. Both sides just feel like.....well, my hips. Like they did before the pain started.

Take care and stay safe.

Hip4life

senior
Country
Stopped by to check in on you and it looks like you’re doing just fine! Yay! God bless you teachers at home. The thought did cross my mind that I was as sooo thankful mine are all grown and for once, glad there are no grand babies. Lol. It makes my heart sing that you are getting out and hiking. That seemed so far away a little over 4 months ago. Happy 4 month anniversary. Here’s to many many happy trails from here on out. ❤ Pat.

Hoppy Nanny

big-cheese
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@Fit4Family
Hi Sarah... popped in to seeing how it’s all going!
So glad all is well with you at 4 months.. can do understand you need the official ‘sign off’... soon, I hope. Your recovery this time round must give so many hope & inspiration.

Lockdown here continues... terrible time for everyone on the ‘Frontline’ my heart aches for them... we are lucky to have the beach, woodland, lagoon & Nature Reserve on our doorstep... so enjoying our daily walks with my amazing hips & knee... the knee has been a revelation... it feels like my own already... indeed I forget it’s been done! I’ve been so very lucky & feel for those who have had to put off their surgery because of Covid-19.

Take care all you lovely folks on BS.... good times are coming!!!

Lots of love Chrissie xx❤❤❤❤

Bfam85

senior
Country
Happy Sweet 4 month Anniversary, Sarah!!! Isn't it wonderful to feel a rock solid implant in there? I'm sure you can compare and know this one's the real deal!

I really am so happy for you and to have this done at this time of the year (in spite of this pandemic we are all traveling through together) is a blessing. There is such new life bursting out and it reminds me of you xox

OP
OP
Fit4Family

Fit4Family

post-grad
Country
Thank you so much for each of your sweet comments. Virginia is opening elective surgery tomorrow! Doing the happy dance here for all those waiting for their joint replacement miracles.

@CricketHip your post gave me a giggle. Thank you! I have many sayings that come from no where. Lol. I do still ice. Mostly my knee. It’s still not 100%. Those months with a loose stem were hard on it. Hoping it eventually sorts out. I am far more flexible this month, hoping it continues to improve. Stay safe out there. ❤

I am so glad you are progressing so well @ceezee Very generous of you to say I kept you grounded. I am glad I could help. I now know that nothing from my surgery last March was normal. A firm stem is darn essential to this hip business. I do still get pain, but it generally has a good reason. Hope my story helps someone some day who is trying to find answers. Stay safe, hope you can get out soon and enjoy life with your two hips!

Thank you @Layla and @Elf1 Four month mark has brought greatest improvements so far. Grateful every day for all of you that held my hand through this ordeal. Eager to get out and start living again. As I know we all are. Hoping surgery opens everywhere very soon. Heartbreaking with all those waiting.

Thank you so much Pat @Hip4life You fought for your happy ending. So happy you are enjoying being outdoors. I am grateful we have a yard. I could not imagine being stuck inside. Feel for those who are isolated in cities.

Hello Chrissie @Hoppy Nanny So very happy that your knee feels like yours. That is the highest praise to be sure. Normal and moving without pain is truly a joy. Thank you for the well wishes. Plan to get in for an X-ray late May. Know it’s all ok, but want to see bone growth etc. and make sure I know life limitations as I never want to do this again. Lol. Hugs sweet friend.

Aww, thank you @Bfam85 So sweet that “new life” made you think of me. I do feel joyous just to be outside again and mobile. I hope I never take it for granted. Hope you are well and staying safe. Hugs sweet friend.

Azaleas are in full bloom here. Their riot of color is something to see.

Take care everyone.
49DC6705-01D8-48D0-A334-8663840FFEE0.jpeg

Hip4life

senior
Country
Ahhh, the azaleas! I finished college in LaGrange, GA and my in-laws lived in Columbus, GA until his passing. You reminded me of what a fairy land the yards and parks would become with all of the azaleas in bloom. Happy memories! Thank you. :flwrysmile:

CricketHip

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Good morning Sarah! I'm guessing that you now have Rhododendrons in bloom? We do in our area, it's been such a beautiful spring with the azaleas seemingly holding onto their blossoms and now the Rhodie's huge splashes of color.
I bet you are quite busy with your yard and hoping you are able to do more and more without joining the ODIC Club.
Normalcy is such a wonderful thing, and you are getting back to that. :egypdance:
@Fit4Family

VSlowLife

post-grad
Country
@Fit4Family Just checking in and I am so glad to see you are still doing well. We just opened elective surgeries in my area, but I believe NYC is still closed.

I thought of you when I had a "boing" sensation on the side of my thigh. But it did not produce pain and it is, for the most part gone.

Your azaleas look beautiful. I had my first rhododendron bloom today. Yes, those of us who have yards are very fortunate. Many of the NYC folks with second homes fled to their second homes.

May you continue to do well.

OP
OP
Fit4Family

Fit4Family

post-grad
Country
Hello all, sorry to be sooo long in responding @Hip4life @CricketHip @VSlowLife

Hope life is treating everyone well. Our part of Virginia is finally staring phase I of opening tomorrow! My hip is performing pretty well. Lack of steady exercise has been challenging, but grateful to have a nice size yard and a neighborhood with streets for walking. My hip range of motion still isn’t 100%, but close. Fingers crossed that I continue improving all the way to the one year mark. Trying to push myself to regain flexibility. Plan to see my OS in the next few weeks for an X-ray and final to do and not do list.

We do have elective surgery now in Virginia. Hoping all those waiting have been able to secure a date for their miracle. Wishing everyone a wonderful June.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
:wave: Hello @Fit4Family
It‘s nice to read your update and know you’re doing well. With seven months to go, I’ll bet you continue to notice improvement as you move toward your one year anniversary. Wishing you a good visit with your surgeon and a wonderful Summer 2020.

OP
OP
Fit4Family

Fit4Family

post-grad
Country
Hello @Mojo333 :roseshwr:
I have really missed you all. Hope you are doing ok, know you are very busy with Food Bank. What a gift you are providing. Hoping people can return to work soon and provide for themselves easier. Take care friend!

Hello @Layla. Wonderful to see your sweet face. :loveshwr: I hope you are right about progress. I regressed a bit since my gym days. Trying to replicate some of it at home. Hope things are improving for you up there. So much hardship. Grateful for your friendship and encouragement. Take care, sweet friend. ❤

Calgal

graduate
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Keep on walkin' F4F! :walking: You're sure to continue to see more progress, more flexibility over many more months now you've got the revision under your belt (literally! :heehee: ) I realized recently that between 9 and 12 months my hip just seemed to settle and all the niggles and occasional aches just ...disappeared! :yes!: And 2 of those months were even during the covid lockdown and I couldn't continue my Pilates classes. I do still use my trekking poles when 'hiking' in the woods on steepish or uneven ground for support but just 'cause it feels good, a nice tool not a necessity. Keep the faith, and remember your poor lefty has gone through a LOT. Enjoy the many nice a-ha moments to come. :SUNsmile:

Laskyd

Country
Hi Sarah
So glad to hear that you have recovered well and enjoying the great outdoors!
My hip is great now! No pain and good flexibility. I am back gardening again with no problem.
My only issue is my right knee that took a beating after the long recovery with non weight bearing on my left side. I am hoping that losing weight (I packed on some pounds during this virus shutdown period) and continuing my PT exercises will help heal the knee. Don’t want a RTKR after all this!
So happy to see the Summer time again! Hopefully this summer we both can really enjoy it!

OP
OP
Fit4Family

Fit4Family

post-grad
Country
Hello to all,

Happy to see your note @Calgal Very encouraging to hear improvements to come. :SUNsmile: Almost 6 months post revision. My stamina has taken a hit while being less active with the virus. Hoping to get back to more soon when it’s safe to return to the gym. Hope you have a wonderful summer enjoying all that one year post op brings!!

Hello @Laskyd Wonderful to hear your hip and balance have come along so well. Must be thrilling. Sorry about your knee. My left knee is my problem child. Still not quite back to normal. Had it checked last time I was in, no issue, just lingering soft tissue damage from so much lefty surgery. Still can’t kneel, may never get there on that one. I keep trying. Weeds are a challenge, just stoop over and over. My diet has been too heavy on comfort food during, the long stay at home orders. So right there with you on that. Trying to be more mindful and move more. Hope you have a wonderful summer. All the best to you!

Hip4life

senior
Country
Hi, Sarah. Just stopping by and checking in. It’s been hard coming up with new ways to stay active without going to the gym, etc. We are able to camp again and be as safe as one can be. That keeps me out of trouble and gets me fishing and hiking again. It also seems to help with my stamina as well. I can relate to that as it has been a real bug-a-boo for me. I hope this finds you well and able to get back to some of the summer activities. Take care. ❤ Pat

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
KateT
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom