Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

Good morning :mcoffee: friend.

Tried to go out and soak up a few moonbeams from the Super Worm Moon but it was Super chilly, so...didn't take long to look at it.:) :-) (:
We southerners are cold wimps, for sure.
But Spring is Springing...love this season of rebirth.
Hoping you are feeling well!
 
:roseshwr:Moon is huge! It’s our time of year. Thought of you with the time change. Lol. Early risers unite. I have still been going to bed early even with extra hour.

We hit 70 here yesterday! I soaked in it. Passed out last night. Still dealing with a few aches and a lingering cold, but thrilled Spring is here. Willow trees have haze of green, Jane Magnolias are almost in full bloom.

Hope you have a great day @Mojo333
 
The azaleas in our town are popping out....white, pink, magenta, purple...dogwoods will be next... paying homage to Easter.:angel:

I'm glad you got some Vitamin D therapy...it truly is healing for body and soul.
Supposed to be a nice day again today...shame much of it will be wasted with being inside at work.:umm:

I was going to have a good day, but think I'll go for Great. Since you suggested it.:friends:
 
Willow trees have haze of green, Jane Magnolias are almost in full bloom.

How beautiful! I am happy you got out in the warm weather and had a great view of the super moon. I hope you feel better soon. It’s been three weeks with my “lingering“ cold. Second doctor app today and I am on antibiotics now.
 
I’m loving your updates Sarah @Fit4Family
So great to see that the hip is finally getting there... you sure are due this....walking upstairs, getting in the car without thinking... all signs that your hip & mind are working together!!! So, so pleased for you hipster sis.
Lots of love Chrissie xx
 
Good morning! It is so good to read your updates and see that you are flourishing with your new revision.. what a long 1 1/2 years for you!

I hope that cold completely leaves you and the warm weather continues.. we are having warmer than normal temps, too. I was just gazing at a gorgeous willow tree and enjoying it's pretty green haze, that describes it perfectly.

I am curious, have the shin splints symptoms eased up for you? I am still having some lingering issues on my lateral lower legs, ankles and feet, so I stopped by my favorite running store and had them help me figure out what was going on.
I was fitted with an amazing pair of Brooks that have a nice amount of support and it has been almost instant relief from the lingering symptoms.. Stores like this have specific shoes that can help more readily than just a random pair purchased at DSW or where ever else you'd shop. I only mention DSW because that is where I bought my last two pairs and I knew better, but did it anyway. :shrug:
I am on my feet all day at work and shouldn't have tried to cut corners.

I just wanted to tell you about that, just in case maybe something like that would help you too, in the future. :walking:
Have a great Sunday. :roseshwr:
 
Good morning! It is so good to read your updates and see that you are flourishing with your new revision.. what a long 1 1/2 years for you!


I am curious, have the shin splints symptoms eased up for you? I am still having some lingering issues on my lateral lower legs, ankles and feet, so I stopped by my favorite running store and had them help me figure out what was going on.

I just wanted to tell you about that, just in case maybe something like that would help you too, in the future. :walking:
Have a great Sunday. :roseshwr:
Hi there @CricketHip

Glad your weather is warming up. The flowering trees are starting to bloom. We have a gorgeous plum that looks so graceful with the light pink blooms. Always too fast, but lovely just the same.

Thank you for your thoughts on shoes. We have a running store here that I will check out. I recently bought Brooks Adrenalines. I am still having some pain in my feet, knees and shins after a number of hours. It helps to vary my support as day goes on. I think balance is part of it. Have been focusing on lower abs and glutes. My strength really is non existent right now, so think that core and glutes may be my answer. Have an ab machine from years ago that is helping. Still not cleared to get all the way on ground. Hoping that will come at 3 month mark.

You are so sweet to ask about my cold. I have been fighting one bug after another, so I am not going out with virus concerns. Immune system really took a hit with multiple surgeries. Schools are closed, so it’s easier to limit going out so I am lucky there. Pumping myself up with vitamin C, D and zinc and hoping my body starts coming back together.

Hip is really pretty good!! Spent 7 hours in our yard Saturday, with frequent rests. Felt victorious to be able to “duck walk“ around yard and start putting shrubs back in shape. Even got some sun! Felt really great to be productive, so for now, my gym is our yard.

Hope you have a good week and that your shoes continue to provide relief. Thank you for checking on me. You are so thoughtful. :loveshwr: xxxx Sarah
 
Hip is really pretty good!! Spent 7 hours in our yard Saturday, with frequent rests. Felt victorious to be able to “duck walk“ around yard and start putting shrubs back in shape. Even got some sun! Felt really great to be productive, so for now, my gym is our yard.

Seven hours sounds wonderful to be outside, even with frequent rests. I am so happy for you! :SUNsmile:

So sorry you have had one thing after another.

Hopefully being home with less trips, will help you get healthy again, very soon.
 
Glad to hear you are hunkering down with your immune system so low. My hospital advised a nutrient rich drink 5 days pre surgery 3x/day and 5 days post surgery 3x/day. The drink is Nestles Impact Advanced Recovery. It can be bought on Amazon. I have to say I followed orders and drank it and this last surgery was the easiest physical bounce back that I recall. They advise it for all their surgical patients and not just hip replacements and actually sell it at the hospital apothecary at what must be cost since it was 1/3 the cost on Amazon. You can check it out on line as to ingredients.
 
Thank you so much @leejaa and @VSlowLife

Wishing all continued health and speedy recovery.
Gorgeous willow tree from walk today. Grateful for my progress so far.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day.

[Bonesmart.org] Hope for 2020, Revised THR
 
Love that photo! Thanks for sharing. Taking in the beauty of nature / creation is a reminder to me of who is really in control during these uncertain times. That hit the spot for me today.
God Bless! Stay safe and well. :friends:
@Fit4Family
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom