Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

yep! Monuments & Gold Medals all round to our hubby caregivers... so glad you & your hubby are working in kitchen together... it’s this ‘normal stuff’ we all strive for isn’t it? Not running up mountains but ordinary everyday
things without pain...
Nearly 2 weeks Sarah...it’s at this stage things turn a corner ... hoping you have a few corners this week hipster sis... you deserve it...
Love Chrissie xx❤️
 
Thank you Chrissie @Hoppy Nanny Our sweet caregivers do truly amaze. :) :-) (:

Biggest “corner“ at day 12 is I started walking most of the day with my cane. Got tired by end of day, but happy to report all pain feels like muscle and incision pain. I still have some swelling at site. Also lower down leg. Glad to be almost to two weeks. Oddly couldn’t sleep last night. So a nap will be in order today for sure.

Trying to jolly myself up this morning. This body of mine seems much more weary this surgery. Wish I could port myself to an island for a week or two. Want to come?

Hugs and xxxxx Sarah :friends:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Hope for 2020, Revised THR

Me! Me!
I do.
 
Trying to jolly myself up this morning. This body of mine seems much more weary this surgery. Wish I could port myself to an island for a week or two. Want to come?

Good to hear you are feeling better.
I also felt my second surgery was a bit harder on me.
and... yes... I often dream of waking up somewhere nice and hot... listening to the waves on the beach.
:)
 
I wanna come....!!! Oh I do want to.... !
Where will we go Sarah??? I’ll carry the bags!! :friends: :surfer::swim:
So glad that the pains you are feeling are muscular... you certainly should know the difference, if anyone does!!
This sleeping after THR is a funny one.... I had so much trouble with it after THR’s but none after TKR! I’m a weirdo... and I know it...:curtsey:

Weary is fairly normal after one op... but 3!!! No wonder... your body must be worn out trying to recover!

My hip & knee are progressing well.. still a few aches here & there but that’s fairly normal.....

Do you know.. one day.. one day... we will both wake up with no pain ... waiting & hoping
:yahoo:

Sending love & hugs for a great week for you..
love Chrissie xxxx
 
I wanna come....!!! Oh I do want to.... !
Where will we go Sarah??? I’ll carry the bags!! :friends: :surfer::swim:
So glad that the pains you are feeling are muscular... you certainly should know the difference, if anyone does!!
This sleeping after THR is a funny one.... I had so much trouble with it after THR’s but none after TKR! I’m a weirdo... and I know it...:curtsey:

Weary is fairly normal after one op... but 3!!! No wonder... your body must be worn out trying to recover!

My hip & knee are progressing well.. still a few aches here & there but that’s fairly normal.....

Do you know.. one day.. one day... we will both wake up with no pain ... waiting & hoping
:yahoo:

Sending love & hugs for a great week for you..
love Chrissie xxxx
I wonder if sleep just comes when pain is gone. I have not slept like this since I was young. Flat on back, not normally at all conducive to sleep, but I am knocked out. Oddly, sleeping better now that I am only taking Tylenol. So thrilled your TKR was not as bad as you feared. Seems like all is right with you now. Very happy for you. ❤️ xxxxxx Sarah
 
You're doing so well, Sarah. It's heartwarming to read, well deserved and long overdue. Sound sleep is so refreshing. I had to laugh at your comment about "I have not slept like this since I was young." I think the same when I have one of those nights, realizing they are few and far between. It's either waking for a bathroom break, or because you're laying wrong, always something.:groan:
I hope you have a great day and congrats on transitioning to the cane. Lovely progress!
@Fit4Family
 
Sweet dreams for another restful deep sleep!!!
So glad to hear that you are progressing to a cane already!! Aren’t you glad you aren’t walking around outside? I had to go this morning to doctors appt and almost slipped on ice getting into my car. The roads were bad and snow was still coming down in Maryland. This is a perfect time to stay inside and let the body heal.
 
Hi Sarah! I have been away and was happy to return home and check in on you ( and others too)
You sound like you are healing well and still practicing your incredible patience. Good for you!
I read where you mentioned that you are doing some of the Lymph Drainage techniques and I so hope it has helped you. I remember reading early on in your thread that you tend to experience a good bit of leg swelling. That had to be worrisome for you, too.
We have had snow squalls and some icy areas today, but nothing is sticking to the ground. I would be happy to not have any of that nonsense this season.. no slipping and sliding for any of us hippies!

Count me in on that tropical escape.. :SUNsmile::swim::martini:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom