Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

Thinking of you, and amazed you are posting so well just after surgery. You sound so delighted to have a more stable hip, although I know you still have pain and swelling to manage.

So many of us are sending good thoughts your way for this recovery. You definitely have a large cheer squad! :froggies::froggies::froggies::froggies:
 
Like @Layla, I was not prepared for knee pain. I assumed my hip area would hurt, since that's where the new hip went in. I didn't fully understand there would be the combination of supreme stinging AND ALSO numbness around the incision area, but it made sense. But when I started experiencing knee pain, I was really worried. I actually was shocked to hear what they really did during that crazy replacement surgery.....:heehee:......and not at all surprised that I had pain after I realized what they really did!

There had been no question that I needed my hip replaced, and my surgeon was highly recommended and specific about the procedure he used. I spent 3 weeks before my surgery on a preplanned trip to Europe---within a week of being home I was in surgery. I trusted my surgeon, and like many doctors he was so reassuring---"you'll do great, recovery will go well, etc. etc.". As a result, I didn't do my usual due diligence in terms of all the recovery details. I wasn't aware of Bone Smart at that time either. I'm so glad you have had previous experience and a strong support system of others who have had the surgery. Hoping today is a bit better than yesterday, and tomorrow is better yet!
 
Oh, yes, I remember that knee pain and wondering what the heck?! Of course, I was not aware of BS forum at the time. Then the swelling and its pain and what should I do now?! What a mess I was! Lol. I so feel for you but it’s so good to see that this time around you have a handle on the whys and what-fors. And sleep! Praying that all the good healing keeps flowing your way. :angel: ❤️
 
I just came down with the flu and stuck in bed. The flu is on a rampage right now so be very careful to stay inside and keep sick people from visiting. I think I caught the flu from my granddaughter, unfortunately!
Oh no @Laskyd I am so sorry you are sick. On the bright side you have time to fully recuperate before your surgery. I have quarantined myself for last 3 weeks. Was afraid my surgery would get moved. Get that vitamin C flowing. Hope you feel better. :SUNsmile:
 
Good morning @Layla Hope you have had a wonderful holiday. I think that Exparel was pure magic. Have had lots more pain since it wore off, I am just icing and keeping moving every 45 minutes. This is the first time I was significantly warned of all that was coming. As an information gal, I am glad. Few more days until one week mark. Expect it will start to settle. Happy New Years Eve. ❤️

Hi @Barbaraj Hope all your festivities have been wonderful. Need to catch up on your thread. Hoping your children and grandchildren loved you up and appreciated all your hard work. I am hopeful the New Year. Hope you have a fun evening! :new-year-toast-smiley-emoticon:
 
I didn’t expect knee pain either with surgery number 2 @Debru4 It never really left after my first THR. I do think education on the front end would help, but that is certainly where BoneSmart comes in. This community has been a blessing to me. For information, but more to “meet” so many wonderful friends from all over the world. Sending you my best wishes for 2020! ❤️

Hello Pat @Hip4life Thank you so much for your prayers and support. My sleep has been truly amazing this go around. Only taking 2 tramodol a day, so know it can’t be just that. Hope you have a fun evening! xxxx ❤️

Hello @leejaa Excellent idea with cooler. I switched to real ice yesterday and it lasted much better through the night. Think my blue pads have seen better days. Wishing you a very happy 2020. Thank you so much for all your good wishes. :flwrysmile:
 
So many of us are sending good thoughts your way for this recovery. You definitely have a large cheer squad! :froggies::froggies::froggies::froggies:
Thank you so much. Your message got me teary this morning @VSlowLife Who can resist jumping frogs? I feel so fortunate to have so many wonderful friends here. ❤️ Wishing you a pain free 2020 with your surgery just around the corner. We will all be here to hold your hand sweet friend.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Hope for 2020, Revised THR

Sending my best wishes to all who are recovering and those waiting for their miracle in the new year. Hoping each of you can enjoy freedom of movement very soon, to enjoy time with the ones you love.

Huge thank you to all the tireless Forum warriors who bolster us up each day. Your gift of time is priceless! xxxxxx ❤️
 
Hello sweet Sarah :wave:
I hope your pain begins easing with each passing day and you're able to focus on all of the possibilities 2020 will offer. Your on your way back to the pain-free active life you've only been able to dream of. Things are finally looking up and I believe your future will be bright and pray many blessings come your way.
Happy New Year!
@Fit4Family
 
:happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4: my friend. What a great start to a wonderful new year for you. Many blessings for health, happiness, and possibilities in the coming year. ❤️Pat
 
I agree completely, Sarah. I have met some really interesting, compassionate people here on the forum. It was so wonderful to receive advice and support following my surgery, and also is a valuable experience to be able to pay it forward and support others as they recover as well. I think the connections people make really contribute to their healing, as well as provide a nice way to make new friends as you mentioned. I hope you are now at that "feeling better every day" stage, and move into 2020 with less pain that you ended 2019 with! Don't imagine you are enjoying any bubbly this year....I'll have a glass for you! Debbie:loveshwr:
 
:happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:
As the designated “roller” at my house, only one awake. We tried to make it festive for the kids, but an early night for me. Kids love poppers, which we did at 8, as I knew I wouldn’t make it to 12. Rolled through the paper confetti all over our floor, determined to be dancing by next year. I didn’t have bubbly @Debru4 so appreciate your having some for me. That’s what friends are for. Lol.

Day 6
Hoping to start weening off Tramodol today. Pretty sure it’s making my blood pressure drop low. Currently taking every 12 hours. Can’t remember how long “log leg“ lasts, but I am ready to get moving today. Guess my first exercise will be making coffee, my crew will be sleeping in to be sure.
:dogwalk::dogwalk::dogwalk:
 
I like that, designated roller! :rotfl: Sounds like you had a good but sensible New Years Eve. Hoping this new year brings you everything you've been missing due to all the pain, surgeries and recoveries. I have faith you'll be dancing next new year and able to dip some bubbly.
:happy-new-years-toast-smiley-emoticon:. :banana-santa::banana-santa:
 
Can’t remember how long “log leg“ lasts, but I am ready to get moving today

Happy New Year, Sarah!
I believe this varies and is due to swelling. It's advised you ice and elevate several times per day, for 45-60 mins per session, no less. I'm assuming you have been since you've had recent experience with this recovery biz. Sitting for long periods could slow down the process so frequent walks are advised, which you're probably doing also.

I'm guessing you're very familiar with the Activity Progression For THR, but just in case it's been a while, I'll include a copy

Personally, I referenced it often in the first month, or two. I think my motivation was to see if I felt capable in doing what it suggested I could be doing at any given time. I also wondered if I might be ahead of the game, so I could feel like a champ :yes!: Lol. At the very least I believe following it will assure you you're getting enough activity in.

I can tell it's going on a week post op because you're expressing you want to get moving. Feeling better is a great motivator. I hope you have a wonderful rest of the day!
@Fit4Family
 
Thank you for the reminders @Layla You would think I’d remember. :yes:

Have not sat much this time around. Think it’s just fluid traveling down leg. Trying Crickethips lymphatic draining every time I lie down. Hope you had a fun day. Tomorrow is one week, so looks like I’m moving on up the activity chart.

:roseshwr:
 
Hey, welcome to the new year, @Fit4Family! Sounds like a quiet NYE for you, but next year--watch out! I see a bit of bubbly and dancing around for you, the happiest and most smiling lady at the party. I am sure it seems a far off proposition but I'm betting it will be here before you know it. One day at a time, and I hope each day is better for you than the day previous. Cheers!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom