Elf1
Staff member since October 2019
Good to hear that things are actually improving. I agree that it's hard to tell what's muscle and tissue issues. We definitely learn as we go along. Glad that he's thinking it's the leftover scaring from pinning and bone graft.
The mattress is a definite improvement over the old one! We're not too sure how accurate the smart IQ readings are but don't care as long as we're comfortable. I'm continuing to plug along, at that boring part of recovery where not a lot seems to be happening. Still have some pains, aches, zips, whatever they are in my hip and mostly outer thigh. The OS thought it might be bursitis but I'm thinking it's just all that soft tissue/muscle healing going on as it moves around. Nothing too major, more annoying than anything.
The mattress is a definite improvement over the old one! We're not too sure how accurate the smart IQ readings are but don't care as long as we're comfortable. I'm continuing to plug along, at that boring part of recovery where not a lot seems to be happening. Still have some pains, aches, zips, whatever they are in my hip and mostly outer thigh. The OS thought it might be bursitis but I'm thinking it's just all that soft tissue/muscle healing going on as it moves around. Nothing too major, more annoying than anything.

United States


I’m a morning person, so always appreciate waking up to the sun. The inner thigh has been tricky for me to build up without gym equipment. I use a slightly deflated kids ball and squeeze between knees. Started at about 20% strength, isolating that inner thigh muscle, hold 5 seconds, repeat 10 if not painful. Worked up to three sets throughout day.


Good morning. I am just catching up on your thread and I am happy to see you are hanging in there on this long recovery journey.![[Bonesmart.org] Hope for 2020, Revised THR [Bonesmart.org] Hope for 2020, Revised THR](https://data.bonesmart.org/attachments/66/66005-12556060b5a945da33b21d39a992ce9d.jpg?hash=ElVgYLWpRd)
![[Bonesmart.org] Hope for 2020, Revised THR [Bonesmart.org] Hope for 2020, Revised THR](https://data.bonesmart.org/attachments/66/66006-b26dc8e9ff5ab4e4aae20caf67db834d.jpg?hash=sm3I6f9atO)
I am doing well and had a nice weekend, thanks for your sweet sentiment. 

Got my husband mad as it was his direction to stay on walker for 3 months. But, I’m trying to stop going back over it all ......... and not let him discourage me. He also said if I still have pain at one year, we may need to look at a surgical solution. Which would have very high complication rate. Hence my tossing and turning.