Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

Hi Izzy @Izabel Glad your husband got your Internet connection sorted. That is a real emergency at our house. Lol. We have gotten so used to instant answers and connectivity.

You are correct, we have 2 more months. I’m not hanging up my trainers just yet. Keeping myself motivated to keep looking a different ways to coax my body to play nice and get moving.

Hope you have a great week! ❤️ xxxxxxxx

I’m so sorry you are still having this trouble Sara...but so pleased the MRI didn’t throw
anything nasty up even though it must be as frustrating as hell for you.

I feel that this problem will clear up .. in time... that the surgeries have inflamed those tendons & the time & patience you are putting in will show results..... if only all the love & good wishes from us BoneSmarties could magically heal those tendons for you.

Talking to my physio today he was telling me that soft tissue & tendons are so hard to heal.... that it’s hard to do just enough to heal or too much to continually agitate & inflame... a real balancing act! He also said that tendonitis can take a year to heal fully.

I’m loving the thought of the 80 year olds offering their advice :heehee: in the pool..

Look Sarah... I’m getting my dancing shoes out, dusting them off for Christmas... ready for our group dance!!! Get yours at the ready... We CAN do this!!!

Sending much love ... Chrissie xx❤️❤️

Thank you so much Chrissie. ❤️ I was thinking about you today with your first PT session. Hope you didn’t have to bend that knee too much.

I have read similar information on tendons. Pretty sure they are spot on, as the movement required to kick forward does use Gluteous minimus tendon. I am still glad I got the MRI if for no other reason than ruling out dangling tendons as I’d imagined.

So encouraging to see how well you are doing already. Sending lots of hugs your way. Going to check if you posted an update. xxxxxx Sarah

Hello All,

Just a quick check in. Have had a pretty decent week. Keeping active and trying not to stress about my darn hip. :wave: Have had some gorgeous Fall weather. Mostly keeping up with our son and spending a few evenings out with girlfriends. Not loving the time change. Two days in a I have been falling asleep in my chair way before bedtime. Oh well, can’t change it.

Sending healing thoughts to all. Hoping everyone is progressing.

That’s lovely to hear Sarah... a good week for you & I couldn’t be more pleased for you..
Please send us the lovely Fall weather.... it’s rained non stop for 21 days here... horrible.

Hoping you just get better & better... sending love & hugs Chrissie xxx

Just catching up. I'm much further on than you and had the dreaded tendonitis from overdoing it in the early summer. Sometimes felt I'd never be right but this week there has been more than a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. Looking out at the rain 'siling' down (old Yorkshire word) and anxious listening to the flood warnings but suddenly realised I don't actually hurt anywhere really. Was good yesterday too. Keep forgetting to do my exercises and I'm no longer conscious of moving about. Still don't like stairs. And insomniac. But I'm sure that you'll be heading in the same direction before long. @Layla and @Mojo333 were probably right all along. Got to be patient. :friends:

Sounds like you're doing well, @Fit4Family, and if you're able to keep up with your son and still get out for fun times with girlfriends you have certainly come a long way. It all sounds good--here's to a fabulous 2020!

On the funny side, have made two friends at the pool who are probably in their 80’s. They are giving me tips. Lol on pool noddles and dumb bells. Got to look for the light side in all this.

I.Love.This. Somehow it gives me an image of you in the pool with Lucy Arnez and Ethel Mertz!
You sound great. Keep on doing what you are doing.. I think it's working. :friends:

Hello @CricketHip

So very true. My new pool friends are a hoot. They cluck after me as I get in and out of the pool sharing tips from their various procedures. Have really noticed range of motion improvements with all my exercises. Hope you are well. Will have to come back tomorrow to catch up with all my hipster pals. Sending ❤️ sweet friend.

Wonderful to hear your updates @bickypeg Very encouraging to know that you are no longer in pain. I am not there yet, but do find as long as I consistently move and exercise that I’m inching towards recovery. Still using cane, but can walk much further and I have less really rough days of pain. Definitely that tendon that gives me problems. Stairs are not happening any time soon. Just toddler them as to not slow walking progress. Thank you again for sharing your news!

Hello @Barbaraj Appreciate your encouragement. Yes, keeping up with family is a great motivator for sure. Our son was moved up from freshman team to varsity. Huge honor, that has propelled us into playoffs and lots more FB! Can really feel a difference from beginning of season to now. Much less sore sitting at games and more importantly don’t feel as worried about being knocked down by fans. Hope you are well. Will be back tomorrow to check on everyone’s progress. Have just been keeping my nose down willing myself to recover. It’s time!! Lol

Hi there Football mom.
Sounds like you are keeping up despite the continuing issues...can't miss the playoffs.
Big hugs for a sweet Sunday...

Hello!Fit4Family
Greetings from Miami, Florida. Welcome to the forum BS. Its awesome we are a little family going through the same issues and helping eachother heal and continue in this journey of recovery. I wish you a speedy recovery. You will heal give ot some time. I had LTHR and also with the spinal block it was amazing. No side effects of the awful anesthesia.Im still recuperating going on 12 days today. Tomorrow Monday have appt with my OS. Im looking forward have lots of questions for him. Hows your sleep?? Much Love, Gretelin
keep in contact!!

Was a bit too optimistic @Fit4Family :good-bad:as I am getting aches and pains still especially on waking and definitely affected by the incessant damp and rain. But I'm getting there! Not using stick now unless I think I might get some sympathy/doors opened when I'm out and about! It's a journey. And not a seamless one! But it does get better and better...

Oh no @bickypeg You are so spot on. It is not a seamless journey. Even with my stick I rarely get help with doors. It’s eye opening. :gaah: I will be paying it forward for the rest of my days. Have learned how much small acts of kindness can really brighten a day when struggling with an injury.

Interesting about the weather impacting you. I have not noticed that. Hope you get some sunshine soon. :SUNsmile:

Hello @Mojo333 How are things in your neck of the woods. Hope you have fun plans for the upcoming holidays. Excited for all. It is fun being a FB mom. All but the laundry. Lol.

:roseshwr:

Hello @Gretelin Thank you for your warm message. 12 days past a THR. Sounds like you are in great spirits. This is a wonderful family of supportive hipsters. Could not have gone through this without them. Hope you have a lovely day. :yes:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie
Recent bookmarks
Back