Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

Hello, it's been a while since I had a good look on the forums.
I too am still toddlering the stairs but I am working really hard at regaining the muscle that I have lost in my thigh. I still need one crutch outdoors but haven't needed them indoors for ages. The nerve damage is slowly repairing but feels as though it has been this way forever.
 
Evening everyone. I have just caught up with your posts which I have found
soooo encouraging - I too have been excited to feel less pain (in bum, legs, back) and have consequently entered the ODIC by then trying to do too much. The thought that this WILL improve in time does make me feel so much more positive! I now just need a new bladder so I can have a good night’s sleep. Ideally one like that of my Labrador, she lasts all night then refuses to go in the garden till she has had her breakfast!
 
Hi, friend.
Thanks for asking.
The Food Bank is crazy busy this time of year...thankful for the blessings for those less fortunate...but makes for long days.
I do hope you are still keeping the faith and I'll keep sending good mojo your way!!!!
 
How nice to see you here @Fairydell I am so glad to hear of your progress. I truly hope your muscle loss improves over time. I have a neighbor I think I told you about who also had nerve issues with his knee after THR. He has regained most of his strength now and able to do most everything. His one year anniversary is next month. Thought that might encourage you.

I still have pain without cane unfortunately so for the foreseeable future it’s my assistance device. Thankfully I do see minor improvements each month so I am hoping this will eventually be behind me. Like you, it seems forever. Sending ❤️ and wishes for complete muscle recovery.
 
Glad to hear things are improving albeit small steps .. keeping that cane until you don’t need it is so sensible... the day will come!!!

Hope your weather is good... it’s been so wet here since my op... a few good days only!

Take care my Hipster Sis... always thinking of you :console2: Love Chrissie xx
 
If the cane helps you, @Fit4Family, then keep on using it. It's not a race or a contest. It simply allows you to get out and about, rejoining life and enjoying activities. That's very cool about your son's move from the freshman team to varsity--woo, hoo! I do see lots of games in your future. My husband is an avid football fan, and he never misses a home game for his beloved UW Huskies. I confess I don't share his enthusiasm so I am a "football widow" this time of year, but that means his brother, also a big fan, goes with my husband to the games. But I suppose if I had a child actually playing on the team, I'm be a bit more enthusiastic. My son was a hip hop dancer in high school and I faithfully attended all performances. But they were always inside and no stadium seating, so much easier than what you're dealing with. Welcome to a new week, and have a happy Monday!
 
Thankfully I do see minor improvements each month so I am hoping this will eventually be behind me

Yay, for progress, even it's its minor. You're moving in the right direction.
I know it's testing your patience, but you sure remain sweet, kind hearted and supportive to others through it all. I have confidence you will get there.
I hope you have a lovely week!
 
Good morning all!

So grateful for all of you here. I have had some significant pain this week again with leg seizing up. Not sure what led to it. PT Massage brings it down only to return next day with any walking. May be heading in to OS to rule out anything that is bone related. I was so hopeful, sadly now worried again. 8 months yesterday since second surgery.

Sending healing thoughts and gratitude to all my hipster buds. ❤️
 
:console2:
Hate to hear this ...just doesn't seem like things are improving in a way that makes you feel it is getting well.
May be heading in to OS to rule out anything that is bone related
I would think this would be my course of action too...ruling this out and getting his thoughts, again, on potential causes for pain and whether he thinks you can be doing anything differently.
:fingersx: for some answers:beg:
 
Last edited:
I'm sorry to read this. I'm sure your patience often wears thin. Hopefully you gain some uplifting reassurance from your surgeon today.
Prayers all is well. Please keep us posted.
@Fit4Family
 
Oh, dear, @Fit4Family, I am sure this situation is so frustrating for you, overall improvement from surgery it seems but not the expected recovery that you wanted and deserve. I hope the visit to your OS is helpful and may dictate a new course of action for you. Having your leg seize up and be painful sounds awful, and I know that you are weary and want relief. Sending positive thoughts and hopes that you'll crack the mystery of what's going on, and come up with something(s) that will help get you back on course again.
 
Good morning All,

Still no appointment with OS. Hoping to get in Monday or Tuesday. Very worn out from this whole ordeal. On the plus side I think it’s still the tendon as the muscle that seizes up is identical to what happened in July. Just can’t figure out what has irritated it as I am doing nothing crazy, just walking. OS has back to back surgery so may have to be worked in with a PA.


Thank you All! ❤️
 
Hello @Fit4Family
I'm sorry to hear you have to wait the weekend. Hopefully the discomfort begins easing and you receive the reassurance you're seeking on Monday. I imagine this recovery does get you down some days. Prayers for clear sailing from here on out.
I hope you have a pleasant weekend!
 
Thank you so much @Layla Very much appreciate your kindness and prayers. I think if it was something very serious the pain would be constant so I’m optimistic that it will work itself out. Doubling up on magnesium and have been doing long hot soaks in epsom salt daily. Less painful today. Hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving. :loveshwr:
 
Well phooey! I am so sorry @Fit4Family. I can understand your frustration. Hopefully you can be a squeaky wheel and get in with the OS.. not that I don't believe in PA's but gosh, he's the main guy in this and would be reassuring to be evaluated by him.

You remain so level headed and calm, you are a true soldier in this recovery and I so admire you!
Please keep us updates.. Know that I am joining in with prayers.. :praying:
 
Aww, thank you @CricketHip Your prayers and thoughts are much appreciated. Leg has not been seizing up for a day now. So fingers crossed. Continuing what I am doing and hoping it’s just angry muscles and tendons. I do not want a third surgery on this hip. Don’t think it’s advisable given extensive work done already.

Hope you are well and wishing you and your loved ones a peace filled Thanksgiving celebration. ❤
 
Just reading your thread today @Fit4Family … hopefully, this pain will go as mysteriously as it came. If only we knew what causes the pain, we could eliminate that movement or exercise. I think a check in with your OS is wise, even just for peace of mind and being in control. It's snowing here in my neck of the woods. I hope you are enjoying your Sunday xox
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Hope for 2020, Revised THR
    snowyday.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 214

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom