Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

Happy Friday @Fit4Family
I think working on balance, walking and stretching sounds perfect for now.
It's good hear you enjoyed a massage and that you were hopefully consoled / comforted through a pep talk.

Warm weather until early December sounds wonderful to this Upper Mid-Westerner...from the frozen tundra. Hopefully your temps are comfortable soon and Mother Nature provides a beautiful display of color.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend as you anticipate your daughters visit next week.
Hugs!
 
:hi: my "On the Hurry up and Wait Path" friend.
I think it will be considerably cooler next weekend so you and your daughter can hopefully have a great visit.
The heat has been oppressive here and we Do Need Some Rain.
Cotton is bolling and peanuts ready for picking in our ag part of the woods.
Weird thing...but the smell of fresh dirt and turned up peanuts is one of my favorite smells!:)

Have a really happy day... you deserve it. :loveshwr:
 
Hi there @Mojo333

Was just trying to find your thread. Wondering how your foot is doing? Still trying to figure out site enhancements. Love the larger font! Must get stronger readers. Lol

Did not know you could smell peanuts growing. Our dirt is so try that even the clay is making dust. Crazy dry. I hope those weather people aren’t teasing about next weekend. I’m watching the report with great anticipation. Soaking up lots of Vitamin D in the mean time as it’s been like summer here. ☀️
 
Question for those of you who have had THR more than a year ago.

Debating getting an MRI. Only want to get one if this is seriously concerning. Every time I try to lift operated leg a few repetitions, marching in place or attempting a few stairs alternating legs, I get very sore at my hip flexors. Lasts days, then quiets when I stop doing. Still using cane and toddler style on stairs. I can bend over pretty well and squat for picking up things, putting on shoes etc. It happens every time I try to increase muscle strength in front. Lifting leg straight or lifting knee bent in front like the height of stairs. Thank you for your thoughts hipsters.
 
I'm sorry to say that it sounds like the typical tendinitis. The same muscle that affects your knee originates at the hip, right where you are feeling it. All of those exercises that you mentioned can aggravate it.
Sorry @Fit4Family. I understand why you would want an MRI or something to get reassurance, though.
 
:wave:Sweet Sarah. Sorry you are still having grief. I cannot advise as I am in a similar boat and am looking forward to my Osteo/Physio appointment on Friday when I hope I get some answers. :fingersx: I get so fed up at times but I keep myself as occupied as possible ... and plot and plan what I will do when I am more mobile ... but my list is getting terribly long! :shocked:
Rollator only likes perfectly smooth surfaces ... :groan:

Just want to wish you a ...
Happy Weekend2.jpeg Izzy xx
 
Last edited:
Sarah
I’m having same trouble with my old THR leg... same one that has knee problem... The physios say the same as Izzy.... tendinitis!:tantrum:

I’m hopeful that once my knee is done it will get better... if I lay in bed and lift knee up to chest then it’s terribly painful at top of thigh & side of knee.. I had after my first THR & it went on for 9 months plus but cleared up eventually. Seemed like forever though .

I don’t think an MRI will help with that.. but massage & stretching & heat helps mine...

Sending healing hugs xxxxx Chrissie xx
 
@CricketHip Thank you! Definitely what I wanted to hear. I’m fine with tendonitis being culprit. Just afraid of something sinister in there that requires more surgery. My knee is thankfully coming around. Massage, heat and lymph drainage has surely helped. My pain now is right at hip crease if I do anything mentioned above. Wishing you a lovely Saturday! ☀️
 
Hi Izzy @Izabel So sorry we are in same boat. My PT says it stems from weak hip flexor muscles from prolonged sitting. I am happy if it’s just tendonitis as that will heal eventually.

Bummer your rollator is only helping on flat surfaces. Not much help to get out in your yard. Just came in from a glorious day in our yard. It’s 63 degrees and sunny! My heart sang this morning with the dip in temperature. Hope you get some encouraging answers at your appointment with Osteo this week. Sending lots of healing wishes.
 
Woohoo, great progress with the massage, heat and lymph drainage.
Slowly but surely you'll get there, yep...you will! :yes:
Have a lovely weekend, Sarah.
Hope it's a beautiful Autumn day in your area. :SUNsmile:
@Fit4Family
 
Good day, @Fit4Family Hope you are having an enjoyable Saturday--when you say a "fall day" I am assuming your blast furnace temperatures have abated somewhat so it's more truly fall-like outside. I am not gardening these days (going to wait until next spring when I will be dealing with the after effects of two years not doing much--thank you, hips--and will be spending hours and hours of quality time grubbing in the dirt). Much better to do some work now to prepare the garden areas for winter, but too lazy and unmotivated. Glad others enjoy it, however, and as long as you're careful not to overdo it, I am hoping being outside revives you, body and soul. Cheers!
 
Last edited:
Certainly sounds like tendonitis @fit4. My sympathy. The right kind of physio stretches, massage and in my case anti inflammatories are helping. And horrible back sleeping. Rolling a ball against the wall as your glutes are probably rubbish. I use a tennis ball - who has a lacrosse ball to hand?! Don't push yourself. Hopefully not too serious if you can squat! I still go upstairs toddler style - I read on here some surgeon had said that movement is particularly hard on hips.
 
Hello @Barbaraj

Sounds like a smart plan to wait until Spring for digging and such. I’m concentrating on trimming shrubs and mid waist things. Our yard is providing lots of balance challenges which I think might be helping my strength. Hope you have a great weekend!
 
Hello @bickypeg I hope you are right about tendonitis. Funny thing this week is that the hip pain has moved inward. Concentrated at groin, which isn’t where the tendon was hurt. Hoping it’s just tight muscles from use. I am taking Tylenol with one aspirin a day. Wish anti inflammatory meds were option for me as I bet they really help. Still icing when I’m in from working in our yard. Just when needed. Hope you are doing better each week. Take care! Sarah
 
Good Morning :wave:
Have you tried some dedicated icing for a length of time, let's say several weeks straight, dedicating 45-60 minutes each time you ice, multiple times per day? If you haven't, wondering if it could help relieve some discomfort?

I hope you find enough relief to enjoy a peaceful Autumn weekend.
Wishing you brighter days soon! :SUNsmile:
@Fit4Family
 
@Fit4Family I'm sorry to hear about the groin discomfort.. That is a new twist for sure. Hopefully it's just as you said and it's due to increased activities.
I am finding, for myself, that a hard day at work has to bee followed by an easier day. It's such a balancing act.
I hope you have a very nice, pain free weekend. :SUNsmile:
 
:cry: Oh my dear sweet Sarah. Now listen here ... we are NOT allowed to develop new issues as we have had more than our fair share already, don't you agree?

I am so jealous of you being able to potter in the garden. I told Osteo/Physio man that I miss being in the garden just pottering and he told me my day will come albeit a bit later than I hoped. Sadly ... but happily ... we are coming into my favourite season here, full of colour so I have to appease myself by just admiring it. I am now mentally planning that Christmas will be my goalpost. :fingersx:

Take care of yourself and please be careful. Always in my thoughts.

[Bonesmart.org] Hope for 2020, Revised THR Izzy xx
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom