Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

Good Morning @Layla

Hope you’re having a great week. You are always so thoughtful to spread cheer my way. Thank you! Inching along here on my recovery. :loveshwr:
 
Hi Chrissie @Hoppy Nanny

Holiday time with your grandchildren sounds wonderful! So happy you are figuring out a way to keep active with that knee. Whatever it takes is right! Love that you got to go for a swim in the ocean!

Interesting your first hip did this lower leg muscle thing. I didn’t have this before the angry tendon. Trying to get back in for a massage tomorrow. Busy here with too much going on with both our kids. Our youngest is 14 so he needs lots of driving about. Will keep plugging along. OS said it can take 6 weeks for tendonitis to improve. So patience is the word of the month.

Sending lots of love Hipster sister ❤️ xxx Sarah
 
Patience, grasshopper, Good things come to those who wait. :bored:
"I always thought that was 'Good things come to those who do the wave, No wonder I've been so confused all my life."
Hope today is a good day F4F!
 
Last edited:
Hi, @Fit4Family, hope you're doing well. I got confirmation at my two week post-op visit today that there isn't anything they can do--groan--about these awful blisters but he said, as you also suggested, that they will go away in time (although definitely NOT fast enough for me!) Got reluctant permission to switch from these awful white over-the-knee compression stockings to just compression knee highs--woo, hoo--so excited about that. Did your hip discomfort continue to lessen, or have you gone ahead and made an MRI appointment?
 
That’s pretty exciting @Barbaraj to wear less uncomfortable stockings. I hated them. Thinking it’s probably worse in summer months. Hope those blisters leave soon! Fingers crossed.

My pain is less and moving lower on my leg, so I am going to continue what I am doing and wait on MRI. Tendons take a long time to heal, so I want to make an effort to just let my body fix them.

Glad you got to see your OS. Always reassuring. I did ditch my stockings early. A bit of a rebel I guess. Lol.
 
Last edited:
Making me laugh @Mojo333 It truly is your gift! :heehee:

I wish waving would help. I can get right on that. Those limbs are working properly. Got out for lunch with my daughter today. Sat outside! Feeling pretty upbeat!

Hope you had a great birthday!! ❤️
 
Thanks...it was nice.
We must take our happinesses where we are, so we don't miss out...right?
I gave up on waiting for everything to be perfect to be able to appreciate the small pleasures.
I know you have been through alot, but it is inspiring to me to see you be able to be happy in spite of....
Lots of improvement to come.
I believe.
 
Last edited:
Hi @Mojo333

Life sure moves quickly and I agree, perfect does not exist very often at least. So, enjoying the moments is all we can do. For some reason filled with anxiety as I approach the anniversary of my crazy slip and fall. Really thought I would be over this by now. Not always upbeat, but I try to be as know I am fortunate in so many other ways.

Glad you had a fun birthday! Thank you so much for believing. Really means a lot! :SUNsmile:
 
:console2:
For some reason filled with anxiety as I approach the anniversary of my crazy slip and fall. Really thought I would be over this by now.
I certainly can understand that seeing one year from that bad bad day and the recovery still ongoing would be depressing.
There have been many with hip replacements not associated with a fall, as you say, who had slower recoveries and had well over a year to still plug at it.:sigh:
Yes it has been a rough year for you..but just over 4 months from total hip replacement so try to keep the faith.
Will be continuing to root for you. :roseshwr:
 
Last edited:
@Fit4Family I'm sorry you are feeling some anxiety about the approach of your fall anniversary. It
makes perfect sense to me. :friends: I hope you stare down that day when it arrives and do something nice for yourself.
 
Hi, @Fit4Family, you keep your chin up! I know there may be some anxiety about the anniversary of your fall, but trying changing the dialogue in your head a bit. Think about how amazingly far you've come since then! Give yourself a big mental pat on the back, you are fabulous and considering where you've been the last year, you've made stunning progress. Is everything perfect now? No, maybe not, but you're definitely on the road to a full recovery and when that happens life is going to be really, really good. You are a strong and capable woman, and you've totally got this recovery going in the right direction. Hurray for you--and have a good Thursday!
 
Good Morning!
I find you to be upbeat, kind, caring and grateful @Fit4Family
Consider creating a new memory to remember the anniversary date of your fall by. Something special, something you love and enjoy.

You're doing great, still making progress and the sky is the limit. Wishing you a lovely Thursday and a weekend filled with whatever makes you happy. :)
 
:flwrysmile: Aww, thank you so much! ❤️ @Mojo333 @Layla @CricketHip @Barbaraj

Really appreciate your encouragement and suggestions. Honestly one of the things I’m most grateful for is all of the kind, compassionate bone smarties here! My husband of course has been truly amazing. I do remind myself that the clock started over on March 20th, as everything before is water under the bridge.

I will think of something special to do that day! Wonderful idea. Bet my hubby would enjoy a celebration of some sort. Thank you all!
 
Been watching your progress and sitting on the edge of my seat. While our surgical experiences are somewhat different, our expected recovery timeframes are longer than most. I have tinges of panic with every new ache or pain that comes along. I started toe touch weight bearing this week and started feeling a tad of new pain in my knee and slight ache in my hip area the past couple of days, although am putting so very little weight down it’s hard to imagine it’s coming from that. While I had some PT in the hospital just for the non-weight bearing exercises, I have declined doing PT beyond those exercises until I am cleared for full weight-bearing. I’m considering doing the pool exercises as an alternative form of PT and found a PT office that actually has that as an option. One of the things your experience has reminded me about is that everyone’s recovery is different, and our more complicated road to recovery has speed bumps and potholes along the way. You sound like you are doing well right now. I hope the next leg of your recovery goes smoothly and with steady, positive progress.
 
Thank you so much for stopping by @CPH Just read all your updates. I really hope the next step of your journey goes quickly and yes, most importantly smoothly. Take care of yourself. ❤️
 
That’s a great idea to celebrate rather than making it a date to forget!

Mojo has been very mischievous in her suggestions [emoji23][emoji23][emoji3590] love it!

Hope your pain is improving Sarah @Fit4Family... gradually all these pains disappear after THR when those sore muscles and tendons are ready to behave..
Take care.... [emoji8][emoji8][emoji8]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
You both are the best @Mojo333 @Layla

Yes, yes an eyebrow piercing sounds perfect! Lol. I’m a definite no on the goat nose and okra. Really appreciate your suggestions though. :loll:
 
Hi Chrissie. @Hoppy Nanny

Hope you’re having a good week. Mojo is hysterical. Laughter is always the best medicine. She slays me.

I appreciate your thoughts on gradually reducing pain. Fingers crossed that happens. Pain about the same in lower leg and knee. Muscles and ligaments all seem tight. Hope your knee is behaving and that you’re enjoying those grandchildren. xxx ❤️
 
Back
Top Bottom