Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

Thinking of you Sweet Sarah.

Take a deep breath, talk to yourself, even answer yourself back ... but please don't have a 3-way conversation! :sos: We WILL get there ... you know it, we are just lagging behind a bit ... but the tortoise won the race. :console2:

Wishing you a wonderful peaceful weekend.

[Bonesmart.org] Hope for 2020, Revised THR Izzy xx
 
Thank you Izzy! @Izabel

We will get there! Slow, steady and determined. Exciting to see how much you’ve progressing. The right focus can make all the difference. Seems like balancing is really helping you!

Hope you have a fun weekend! xxx Sarah
 
Chug, chug, chug, @Fit4Family, it's another day on the recovery trail and I hope it finds you feeling a bit better. It's Friday and a weekend ahead, so hope you have some plans maybe to look forward to, fun distractions. One day at a time, one foot in front of the other.
 
Happy Friday, Sarah!
I hope the weather is perfect in your neck of the woods and things are feeling brighter today.
Wishing you a great weekend as you continue the journey.
@Fit4Family
 
Happy Saturday!

Thank you so much @Barbaraj and @Layla The weekends always provide lots of distractions which help with replacing hip worry with real life. Grateful for the encouragement!! ❤️

Today is one month from when I angered my tendon at PT. OS said it could be six weeks or more for it to be healed. Seeing signs of more movement at hip flexor and less recovery pain after I walk a bit. Went in for physical yesterday and had my General Physician give it all a once over. He felt everything was soft tissue at this point and was hopeful that it would recover with gentle walking and frequent massage. Clean bill of health otherwise. Which is welcome news after this year of sitting so much.

Walked a bit inside without cane yesterday morning. Bit wobbly but can maneuver hip pretty well. Keeping cane until the wabble improves. Still icing and not pushing it with stairs or anything that lifts leg up in front. Need to be able to drive a long distance by the 24th. Moving daughter to college and a family gathering at National Harbor.

Hope everyone has a fun filled weekend! :SUNsmile:
 
Went in for physical yesterday and had my General Physician give it all a once over. He felt everything was soft tissue at this point and was hopeful that it would recover with gentle walking and frequent massage. Clean bill of health otherwise.
Good to hear :friends:
I bet your daughter is super excited about starting school and I'm guessing you are equal amounts of excited and anxious about it. I know I was, and my daughter was just in town at the university. :unsure:

Hope today is a great day.:SUNsmile:
 
I used CBD oil when I quit smoking, for the anxiety. And it did help and it also helped with my hip pain, has anti inflammatory properties.
 
@Fit4Family I'm so happy to hear you got an overall good bill of health from your GP...that goes a long way in the assurance that things are indeed getting better, week by week. Also great news that you are walking without the cane sometimes...really happy for you :)
 
Good Morning @Mojo333

You are up bright and early! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Our daughter is actually a junior, but last year only made it there once and knew something was very wrong with hip when I left. Thankfully only a four hour drive each way. Love her being here, but it’s good too when they get back to friends.

Enjoy your day! :realing:
 
I used CBD oil when I quit smoking, for the anxiety. And it did help and it also helped with my hip pain, has anti inflammatory properties.

Hello @Marvin L Thank you for the suggestion. Started taking it last week and have been able to give up all but my night Tylenol. Really seems to ease anxiety and improved my swelling in just a few days. Glad you found it helpful for stopping smoking. Huge commitment. Glad it helped.
 
:SUNsmile: Hi there @Bfam85 Hope you are doing well. Thinking you just past three month milestone!

Thank you so much! I am cautiously optimistic. Going to continue really easing my way to recovery. Hope you have a great weekend.
 
Great report from the GP, @Fit4Family It feels so gratifying to get good news and I am always cheerful leaving the doctor's office when that happens. Sounds like you're doing well, have a plan with walking and gentle massage going forward so you can tackle the long drive (ouch, betting a four hour trip each way will be a challenge--lots of rest breaks, I hope) to and from college. Is this your first child heading off to college? That can be such an emotional time although my personal view is that, at least in my experience with my kids, the "obnoxious gene" kicked in the summer before college and they were all such pills before their departure that I was weary of them, and could hardly wait for them to go. But I realize I am probably in the minority, as I have many friends who have found taking kids to school to be hard, with lots of tears on the way home. Me? After hugs, kisses and a bit of help setting up his room, my husband and I went out and had stiff drinks and toasts after dropping kid #4 at school! We definitely love empty nesting! :egypdance:
 
Laughing @Barbaraj Like your plan of a stiff drink post drop off!! Not her first year, third, just need to go as son has football game. You are so right about the “obnoxious gene” Less of an issue now. College has made her grow much more appreciative of us and probably more importantly her own room! lol

Hope you are feeling well today and got a good night sleep! ❤️
 
I have used CBD and it has been brilliant for me. Not taking it at the moment as it was too hard to co ordinate with all the painkillers but will start back again soon. Love anything natural and I think it gave me another year before I needed hip replaced. Keep up the good work!
 
:flwrysmile:Good to know @Fiona444 I am all about natural remedies when possible. Hope you are progressing nicely with your new hip! Less than a month out, early days. Pain management is so key to keep moving! Hope you have a good day.
 
Thank you @Fit4Family ! I am moving lots and loving it but been advised to curb a bit in case I join ODIC. Definitely natural where poss and with CBD there are many other side benefits I believe.
 
Such good news to tune in to Sarah @Fit4Family

Your GP telling you all is ok just soft tendons must be so gratifying.... and stop the mind chattering too!!! Please don’t be in to a hurry to give up the cane... limping will make the pain worse.... [emoji3590][emoji3590]

Your daughter sounds a delight .... agree that leaving home makes them appreciate it more!

I am sitting in a park watching my two grandkids play Adventure Golf & a country Fair is here too... I’m running out of ideas [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

I’m interested in the CBD oil ... do you ingest it.. or rub it in??? If it’s the latter might give it a try!!

Take care hun... love Chrissie xx[emoji3590][emoji3590]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Oh, yes, the continual battle with how much exercise and how much rest, @Fit4Family, it can be such a struggle! I think most of us overstep the line occasionally in terms of too much exercise and have to pull back, like you're doing. But you'll get there and in the end you'll be much stronger and these overdoing incidents will become less frequent.

I've never tried CBD products but back when I was struggling with sciatica (before hip diagnosis) my son gave me some sort of product he bought in a marijuana store (it's legal here in the state of Washington), a sort of herbal scented gel I applied to my lower back. To be honest, it really didn't work any better than Biofreeze, and it was a lot more expensive. But as it's legal here, I have friends who have used various products (hmmm...maybe those with THC the active ingredient, however?) who seem to find relief with such products. Good luck!
 
Last edited:
Hi Chrissie @Hoppy Nanny

Sounds like you are planning fun excursions!! It is hard to keep everyone entertained. I always tire of it by August. They are lucky to have you to spend the holiday with!

CBD can be used under tongue or as a rub, two different products. It isn’t a quick fix, but think over time it’s helping a bit. Not sure if I’d continue long term as it’s pricey here. Still new to market in VA so not enough competition for price.

xx hope you have a fun week. Sarah
 
CBD rubs are expensive @Barbaraj My sister lives in Denver and the price difference from here is kinda amazing. So far have only tried oil.

Onward and upward. We will get there! Hope you get in a nice walk.
 
Back
Top Bottom