Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

Thank you so much @Barbaraj Day 6 is very hard to stay positive. :console2: It’s a slog to be sure.

I am less bummed this afternoon and realize if he really knew he wouldn’t need an MRI. It’s too deep for anyone to have any idea what is going on in there. I like your suggestion of proving him wrong. You go girl! I need a dose of mad to keep fighting. Hope tomorrow is better!
 
Hi Chrissie @Hoppy Nanny

Wow an Effigy with stick pins? I won the lottery with Hipster Sisters. :heehee:

You gave me a good laugh. I did take your advice and got a medical, deep tissue massage on my thigh and knee today. Really seems to have helped. She also gave me lots of ideas and further warnings of what to avoid with tendonitis. All in all a very good decision to get out of the house. I really hope it quiets down the lower leg pain. OS called it sympathetic pain. I thought, feels pretty real to me. Lol.

I did not remember you used crutch for a year with your first hip. Honestly after this last few weeks, I will be grateful to be walking comfortably with a cane again. Deep slide backwards. Can’t even put on pants. Thankfully it’s very hot and dresses are perfect. Thank you for the laugh and great advice. You are the best. xxxx ❤️
 
Glad to hear about your massage session, I hope it helps! If it does and you can manage it, maybe get on a regular schedule for a while?
You will make progress and @Hoppy Nanny, I loved the Effigy idea!:rotfl: sometimes I wonder, if doctors downplay our prognosis so we don't become litigious later? I've thought about it a lot over the years, how could she tell me such a gloomy prognosis? It beat me down for a few days and then I did the opposite, just got determined and moved on with it. I believe you will too @Fit4Family :roseshwr:
 
You may be right @CricketHip
My OS always has a scribe with him. They may just be covering for any worst case scenario.
I’m so glad you got your arm back. I tend to be a bit of a Brave Heart, so already have lists of how I’m going to work through this. Massage seems very promising!
 
Glad the deep tissue massage helped ...
His sympathetic pain sounds pretty unsympathetic to me!!! Idiot’!

So... BraveHeart it is from now on!!!! [emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji1628]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
No, no, not Brave Heart. I’m Scottish, so my husband calls me that when I get REALLY mad. Lol.

Mad is far better than defeated so if I get there might be a good thing. Thigh is less tight today and I slept last night. Knee still swollen, but massage definitely helped. :SUNsmile:

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!!
 
So glad to read your morning update! Sometimes we need those stronger emotions to get us through the rough patches or through the emotional lows.
This will show my age, but we just gotta "Keep on Trucking" :walking:

Have a great day! I hope you are getting the same weather that we are getting here near philly. :flwrysmile:
 
We are getting the same lovely weather Carol! Feels so good after all the humidity. Thank you for checking in. Hope you’re having a good day. :yes: @CricketHip Need to go read up on how you’re progressing.
 
Well, @Fit4Family, it's a sunny Thursday here in my neck of the woods so I hope you've got a pleasant weather day ahead, too. I know you feel as if you've backslid a bit, but it's all just part of this twisty-turning recovery road that we're all on. Glad to read the massage helped (although at just one week out, I'd snarl at anyone wanting to massage any part of my lower body) and let's hope going forward that things will get better for you. You ARE going to prove that arrogant doctor wrong, I just know it!
 
Dear Sarah, hoping you have a peaceful weekend and that things calm down for you.

[Bonesmart.org] Hope for 2020, Revised THR Izzy xx
 
Love the little fairy! You find the best images to share Izzy!

You are so sweet to check on me. I am hoping that the tendonitis is improving. Less pain at hip, but still dealing with very tight, sore upper quads. Not sure why. They loosen once I’m walking about. Massage was helpful for about 1 day. Can’t really swing daily massages. So my “the stick”roller pin is my latest rehab gadget.

Loved reading your update!! So thrilled with your progress. Please be careful. @Izabel xxxx :flwrysmile:
 
Good morning Carol. Appreciate your advice. Will look into it. Still holding off on MRI this week as hip pain is improving. All pain now is on front thigh and outside of knee. Calling today.

Hope you had a good weekend. You have past the one month mark. Great to have that behind you. ❤️

@CricketHip
 
@Fit4Family I hope the hip pain continues to abate a little, giving you hope that perhaps you're on the mend. But hip recoveries can really wax and wane, feeling great for a few days and then taking a step or two back. I hope you tried to take it easy this weekend, and feeling even a bit better--we have to look on the positive when we can, I think. Happy Monday!
 
Thank you @Barbaraj

I so agree, that if we can find even a ray of hope, it’s helpful to focus on it. How was your birthday celebration weekend? Hope you had a wonderful time. I did take it easy. Treading ever so lightly in keeping active, but not angering my tendon. Weather was gorgeous. Sat outside both mornings. Hope you have a great week.
 
Thank you, @Fit4Family. Hoping this will be a positive week in that I'm another week along and surely it will be better when I look back this coming Friday. Tomorrow is two week post op check-in so I'm hoping I'll get a good report and perhaps some information as to how long I'll be dealing with this nasty allergic reaction. The blisters don't seem to have faded, and they are still oozing away. I suppose I just have to tough it out but, boy, sure would like some sort of helpful ointment that would speed the recovery along. Birthday dinner went well although sitting for several hours, even with the foam cushion I brought, was really hard, especially towards the end. I had what was probably a dreadfully fake, rictus smile but I was so focused on being pleasant and not ruining darling daughter's big night by obvious signs of discomfort. Still, got home and immediately slapped on an ice pack! Argh!
 
I’m so sorry about those angry blisters @Barbaraj Hoping they let you put something on them to speed healing. May have already told you this, but once cleared to put ointment on mine, I wore very loose cotton briefs and a skirt or dress. It healed up quickly once it had air and nothing rubbing on it.

Two weeks is exciting! Hope you get to ditch the TEDs soon. You are a wonderful mom and trooper to sit there that long. Hope icing helped.❤️
 
Hi @Fit4Family
I hope the pain and discomfort you're dealing with continues to ease. You deserve a break.
Wishing you comfort and a peaceful week. :)
Happy Monday! :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Sarah @Fit4Family
Glad to read you had some respite from that hip pain ... not as much as i’d wished for you sweetheart [emoji51]

I must say that it sounds so similar to my 1st THR... where the pain is & that it loosens with walking... the roller will help but the massage is better if you can get once a week ... hope so!

It’s so hard to get the balance right of enough walking to loosen the muscles & then too much that aggravates...

I’ve taken to walking long walks holding onto the wheelchair (not sitting) as it means my knee doesn’t aggravate & I actually enjoy walking!!!! Whatever it takes!!!

Got 4 weeks of grandkids summer hols... got my 14 year old Grandson, Matty this week...
had our first sea swim... gorgeous...!!!

Hoping this week finds you with less pain ... sending love & hugs your way hipster sis.

love Chrissie xxx[emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590][emoji3590]




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top Bottom