Thank you all for your encouragement and thoughts. Layla, Josephine, Jamie, Izabel and lotusbuds
Called again today, PA agrees I must be hypersensitive to the NSAIDS. I do have asthma. The reaction is very obvious so I’m not going to ignore. Not adding any new ones as seems unlikely they will work for me.
So for now, I’m taking aspirin and Tylenol every six hours. Pain is manageable, but inflammation unknown as it’s deep in tendon. I agree an MRI would be a good idea. I will meet with my surgeon next Monday and push for answers. Have yet to speak directly with him.
I am following their advice of walking, but stopping if anything hurts. Icing 4 times a day and not doing any exercise that uses hip flexors. Consistently hurts in very specific place which concerns me. Exactly where they identified tendonitis.
You all are so amazing. Thank you so much for all the messages. Sarah
Adding
Their reason for wanting me on anti inflammatory meds was diagnostic. If it is bursitis, pain would go away. If torn tendon, most likely would hurt with rotation even on meds.