Revision TKR Hood1980’s Revision

It'll be here and over with before you know it!
 
It's such a looming date then suddenly it's past! It's done and you're out the other side! All the best!
 
@Hood1980 revision, I continue to pray for you. When we have to go thru this a second time, we have so much doubt AND hope. I am sure it is normal. We just want to get on with our life. I am with you as we both go thru this “do over”.
 
Surfed through your thread; you've been through a lot! Praying your revision goes well. I chose to tackle a big project in my house and it made the time before my second surgery fly by.
 
Hi there, how are you doing? Just wanted you to know I’m thinking of you!
 
I’ve been away on a vacation, enjoying some time with family before going through TKR again. Time to get the house in order for my surgery on Wednesday. I’m not making meals ahead of time this go round. I didn’t have much of an appetite last time and I can live off the extra 20 pounds I’ve packed on since not being able to walk and exercise.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
You're on your way to a brand new walk! Good luck!
 
I had no appetite after past surgeries, but my appetite was basically normal for me after this surgery. I was really, really glad I made all those meals as they were perfect and I'm happy we didn't have to eat fast food and store bought frozen food for 6 or 8 weeks. If my appetite had been sluggish, I'd have left them in the freezer until my appetite recovered as I'm just now making all our dinners again and made my usual monthly menu for the month for the first time since the revision. Until now we've eaten all the meals I prepared beforehand plus a little bit of "cooking" I did the last part of last month, which was not actually cooking, just warming things like Costco roasted chickens, etc.
It's helpful for your recovery to try to eat, even when you have no appetite, so I suggest at least having your home stocked with some kind of healthier things you can eat.

Good luck on Wednesday and we'll see you on the "other side" again.
 
Thank you all for all the prayers and well wishes! I am always overwhelmed by the care and support here on BoneSmart! As time gets closer I get more anxious about my upcoming surgery and the results that may happen. If my knee wasn’t so swollen and achy I’d probably be preparing meals as lovetocookandsew suggests, but not being able to take my essential oils and supplements the pain and inflammation has returned with a vengeance, reminding me that I must have this surgery!

I’m blessed with a very supporting and caring husband and even though being a good cook is not his forte, he will make sure we don’t go hungry. [emoji6] I was hoping to make a pot of chicken soup tomorrow to have for my initial recovery, but it is way too hot to think about soup here in Maryland! I have the freezer stocked with plenty of ingredients for protein shakes and smoothies along with ice cream, my favorite comfort food! [emoji509][emoji510][emoji511][emoji509]


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Sending lots of hugs and prayers for you!!

:console2::console2::prayer::prayer:
 
Sending you a virtual hug :console2:and a :prayer:for your surgery tomorrow. I didn't have much of an appetite after my first surgery, so I didn't really prepare anything in advance for my second surgery. In hindsight, I probably should have, because my appetite was better.:umm: and my poor hubby struggled with my new gluten free diet. I totally understand you not feeling like preparing food in advance with a sore achy knee though, and I'm sure your husband will make sure your are looked after.
 
I used to be a good cook and enjoyed it, but not these days. I also have a small freezer, but even if it was big I would not be preparing meals ahead of time. Just not my thing, and especially since you really don’t know what you might feel like eating after surgery. It will all work out.

Hugs and prayers for tomorrow!
 
I lived off of protein drinks and mixed nuts for at least a month. Oh, and crackers before my meds!
 
I got a call a little over an hour ago while at dinner with grands moving my surgery up to 0730 from 1420! [emoji50] ready or not here I come!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Yay! We are here for you when you get that new knee!
 
Cut your waiting time in half! Best wishes, see you on the “other side”!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Back
Top Bottom