Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Hood1980’s Revision

I noticed on your last post here about when shopping through Amazon how to cause a portion of the Donations to go to Bonesmart . I shop on Amazon all the time and actually spend a lot of money on there. I don't see where it says to click on the Amazon rotating banner page? Is it on the last order page?
Or is it on a different site called smile.Amazon.com? Never heard of that one.

This is the rotating banner. It's at the top of every page, although sometimes other banners (LipoGem and Joint Replacement Awareness Day) take a turn - that's why it's called "rotating". Just wait, and the amazon smile banner will come up.
[Bonesmart.org] Hood1980’s Revision
 
Or just go to amazon and search Amazon Smile and you’ll find the info you need to sign up and how to select your charity. Then all qualifying purchases you make can help Bonesmart
 
In past posts, you said that you had pain because of your knee being misaligned and also secondary problems from that. I suggest to get it over with it too. I think that waiting longer would have made my secondary symptoms worse, and maybe even more permanent.

For me personally, my last surgery was my easiest one to recover from, and the least painful. The first week is always touchy, but after that it seemed to go a little better.
I know I was doing things more for myself and moving easier after the third surgery than the other two. My husband said so also. But of course each person is unique and each knee situation is different, so you really don't know for sure how you will recover.

I know I counted on my husband to do a lot for me and help plenty, but I know I could have done many things myself if he wasn't around. I just accepted his services with joy, and was really glad I had him there, but it wasn't essential for many things.

I think though that my whole body has had a hard time recovering from three surgeries so close together. So that is a big factor for me. I have been in recovery mode since June 2017.

Don't plan on having problems after this surgery. That just sets you up for failures in mind and body.
Be excited that you're going to have a straight leg, and your surgeon, who is known to be good, is going to do his best to fix all those other things too. Then it is up to your body to heal on its own timetable.

Concentrate on trusting God with your body, your outcome, your decisions to do this, and your surgeon.

Even though I did all of those things, I'm still not in a very good physical state, but I am still anticipating more improvements and better strength and function as time goes on.
I won't even let myself think that I possibly won't get better, and will end up with these disabilities.

Don't underestimate the power of your thoughts and what you profess with your mouth, or the ability of your body to heal itself. :praying: :hugzz: :wow:
 
Thank you @kayow11 for the uplifting and motivating reply! I sure needed it! I know what you say is correct. My misaligned leg is causing me other problems and I have learned to compensate for them, mostly by being less active, unfortunately and that has another whole set of issues as you know.

My misaligned leg really came front and center for me this weekend. My DH and I went with my daughter and her family to the mountains for a long weekend. (Thank goodness there was a break in the rain!). I merely observed all the fun. No hikes, water parks, zip lines or tubing for me. [emoji22]. Just the walking, sitting (without elevating), and the car ride was too much for me. Sunday night and Monday I was totally miserable and am now just able to bear to walk. Time for that revision!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Just as any of us with our primary replacements, the day comes when we know it’s “time.” Time to do it. You want, and need, to go on with life. It’s time. Giving yourself a chance for something better will free your spirit. :friends: Looking forward is a better place to be.
 
Received my Lounge Doctor in the mail yesterday! I wish I had gotten one for the first surgery, but I just learned they came in a small! WooHoo! This is getting real! One month from today! [emoji15]


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Time to get on with your life :-) just pray and trust and let it go. Don't anticipate problems.
Count on success and recovery and hard work and a better quality of life after this last surgery. A few bumps in the road may be normal, but that's what you have robo knees (quality tires) for. There really aren't any better options.
Stay distracted, busy as much as you're able, and mentally at peace.
 
Thank you @kayow11. I’m beginning to think no one ever reads my posts and should start a new thread under “September Sapphires”. Lol I am keeping busy and pushing through the pain. I have so much to do, especially to get my parents ready for me to be down again. I keep praying that it will work this time. I can’t help doubts that are always there. I’m still having a hard time accepting that someone messed up my leg and my life and I may not ever have that life back but hopefully it will be better than what I have now.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Not too long to go now although I bet you wish it was sooner or, even better, over and done with. But time passes and I'm sure things will go well for you and you can get back to life as you want it to be. Good luck!
 
@Hood1980 we are here for you! Keep busy ( not like your not) and 9/5 will be here before you know it. I just keep saying to myself “my knee is not going to get better on its own, I need help”. Now that I found an OS that cares, I have to believe in him that it is going to work out. You do the same. We deserve a good life and a revision is not the end of the line.
 
Going around getting the things done that I need to get done prior to my revision surgery, but am getting concerned that I have not received anything from the surgeon’s office but the surgery date. I’ve called twice this week inquiring about the package I’m suppose to receive and they say they leave a message for the surgical coordinator, but I hear nothing back. I even explained I’m leaving August 24th for a cruise and need to have my pre-op testing done prior to that. Disconcerting for sure....


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
These offices!

Keep calling and reminding them about the dates you will be away.
 
What's going on here?! 'Here I go again' is my thread but suddenly it's turned into @Hood1980. I'm confused.
 
@Spex10 I just checked your thread and the title is still Here I Go Again.

Apparently the forum system allows more than one person to have the same thread title, but I will look into it.

Just check the user name/avatar to be sure where you are.
 
I’m sorry I didn’t realize someone already had the “Here I go again” title. May I go to “Hood1980’s Revision” to avoid confusion?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
No problem, we’ll take care of it.
 
@Hood1980 which of your OS told you what caused you knee to be misaligned? Was it evident from an x-ray? I'm worried that may be what's wrong with mine.
 
@Hood1980 which of your OS told you what caused you knee to be misaligned? Was it evident from an x-ray? I'm worried that may be what's wrong with mine.
Tag Josephine with this question on your thread and she will post a sample photo for you to take of your leg and post so she can look at it.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013

Members online

Back
Top Bottom