Guest viewing is limited

THR Home

Hammering, sawing, drilling, digging. . . Quite the construction project. You’re doing so well; it takes a long time to lose the sense or reality of pain. I’m 6 weeks out from hip#2 and my thigh, quads, and knee still shout at me, but not as loudly as last week.
 
Were the boots at least cute with the hospital gown?

Hahahaha! :rotfl:
Maybe in a Herman Munster type of way. Looks like they only come in one color too! :tantrum2:
That Hana table is the creepiest thing, to me anyway, something I'd rather not see until AFTER surgery.

I hope your current discomfort eases soon. It sounds like you're progressing nicely.
A great week to you!
@Bonetired
 
:wave: Hope y'all are doing alright?
I was glad I wasn't Too Informed prior to my surgery.
Sometimes...ignorance is bliss!

Hope today is a Good Day!:SUNsmile:
 
Hi :hi:
Wondering how the week went for you?
Hopefully you're doing well and slowly noticing progress.
Leave us an update when you have time. :)
Wishing you a wonderful weekend! :flwrysmile:
@Bonetired
 
Thank you @Layla I think I'm doing well . Not really sure how I should be feeling 2 weeks out. I was thinking about posting a question in here. I'm getting around well. Not using my walker any longer and barely use my cane. But I still have some pain in the hip socket. I fell off the wagon for my smoking for awhile and I'm terrified I've screwed up my healing in the new hip but have no way of knowing if I'm experiencing normal progress.
I definitely don't want to tell my dr because I still need him to do my other hip. Plus I don't even see him for the first time after surgery until Feb 8th.
 
At two weeks out, you're most likely bored, easily fatigued, sometimes a little down because your recovery isn't moving as fast as you'd like it to. As far as what you should be doing Activity wise, check out the Activity Progression for THR below and use it as a rough gauge, keeping in mind, we all recover at different rates https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/activity-progression-for-thrs.13187/

As far as smoking goes, you aren't the first smoker to recover from THR. I'm certainly not condoning it, but no judgment here either. We all know it's risky behavior understanding the health risks and I'm sure no one is more disappointed in you, than you are in yourself. My heart goes out to you and I pray you have the motivation and determination to lose the habit one day soon. Maybe try your hardest to ration them right now. Be honest with your OS, the 8th will be here before you know it.
An article on Smoking from the BoneSmart Library if you haven't read it -
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/smokers-at-increased-risk-infection-after-tjr.40862/

Pain at this point is normal. Continue icing and taking whatever meds you feel you need until you can go over it all at your post op appt. The only pain I'd be concerned about is unrelenting and escalating. Other than that, I'm sure it's just normal Recovery discomfort. Check with the office of your OS if you feel you need reassurance before February 8th.
Wishing you comfort and a peaceful evening!
@Bonetired
 
Last edited:
The hardest part about the recovery pains is determining if it's tissue or skeletal pain. Since you don't have a hip joint with feeling it's not the joint. Most likely tissue pain and it's going to take time. Pretty surprising the OS doesn't want you back before then.
 
WE need to quit smoking...see how I said we? I tried to quit prior to surgery and cut back after...but have still not been successful.
I don't think you have screwed up your hip though. I have done very well with my recovery despite my bad habit.
All normal healing pains.
Our healing and overall health is greatly improved if we Can quit...
One day at a time.
 
Happy Two Month Anniversary!
I hope your recovery is going smoothly.
Leave an update next time you stop by. We'd love to hear how you're doing.
All the best to you!
@Bonetired
 
Hi there :wave:
Just dropping by to wish you a Happy Four Month Anniversary on Righty!
Assuming surgery stayed on schedule for your left hip...if so, you're four days post op today.
We'd love to hear from you. I hope you're doing well.
Best wishes for an awesome Summer with your two new hips! :happydance: :SUNsmile:
@Bonetired
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom