THR Home and Feeling Great!

Wow! Somehow, I've missed all your posts here. I just finished reading all of them. Your Husky is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I love huskies they have such personality and they back-talk. LOL! Anyway, it sounds like you are doing really well with your recovery. You made me feel better about having home PT. I was feeling very stressed about that. So thank you for that. Your post-op appointment is the day before my surgery, so I hope I'll get to read your update with that before going into surgery. I'm so glad that you are doing so well! :loveshwr: Keep up the good work.
 
Good Morning @dogchick
Togo says "thanks" for the compliments! He is our 3rd husky and he is virtually silent! What a change from our girl who never stopped talking and wooing! Our first husky boy also talked. Togo makes a few sounds and does bark if there's a real reason (playing, on the way to dog park, or a cat in the yard!). He's a rescue from a high kill shelter and a husky rescue got him and he had a wonderful foster home. We've had him just over a year. He does communicate with wonderful face and ear expressions, body language, and is a hoot like all huskies.

I follow you and check in on your surgery. I have no regrets after 4 years in the pool and adaptive yoga managing the pain. I'm experiencing less pain at 2 weeks post than when I went to the hospital for surgery. The first few days are rough but you will get through them. I am enjoying my home PT and my PT understands that I need to be paced or will overdo and she helps me move forward and not get ahead of myself!

There's so much support and info on this forum! We are all here to guide each other one step at a time!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
"Carry On" was the theme today. I went wayward and hit the depression and boredom wall. Even though I've slipped out a few times with hubby and pup for a lunch or early dinner and short walks with my walker and PT, I am getting cabin fever! My hubby can watch movies all day but I'm going stir crazy today and am so tired of reading, movies, Words with Friends, and sleeping. The first week, everyone texted, called, and visited. I now feel like it's been forever since I've had social interaction. My mind is turning to mush (but my body is getting stronger!). Time to go meditate, do some yoga, and find the peace and joy in knowing the future will be pain free! This shall pass and I'll "carry on"!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Dear soul sister..in more ways than one , we are together...
I’m having cabin fever, saying this is getting old.
Bored , sleeping away the afternoon.
Idk why but the pain level went up today..I took a Tramadol. First time in many days.
I haven’t been anywhere except doctor offices.
I’m going to plan a dinner out. I’ll bring my cushion , in case the chairs are low or maybe sit and eat at the bar. That’s always interesting.
Wouldn’t it be fun to magically meet up . Cheers!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @AnnieRose2 I'm hoping today is a brighter day. I have gotten out (my secret with my PT) but the days are seeming so long now. I'm a bit introverted and thought I'd love a couple of weeks to read and just be. I will be reaching out to my GFs today to chat on the phone. I'm not usually a big phone chatter but I think I'll do so today!

One thing I've found when we go to our meals out during non-busy hours is that I not only appreciate the seat cushion but because I'm short (5'ish) my feet don't always reach the ground. Hubby brought the stack of grocery bags from the car the other day and put them under my feet at the table. I think it's the scar tissue and stitches/staples pulling rather than a muscle issue. Anyway, that's something to think about. I've avoided bar stools or booths or bench type seating. Bar stools most always leave my feet dangling and booth scooting might not feel so good!

PT this a.m. I enjoy her visits. My cane should come today! I walk independently around the house except at night or if I'm tired. I also already have my first outpatient PT visit scheduled assuming I get ok on Monday to start! I want to drive (but like Janene, I'm happy to be driven by hubby). LA traffic is irritating. I spent much of my social work career doing home visits or going to meetings in traffic!

Let's have a good day, AnnieRose. I'm going to grab my Pandora and ipod and earplugs and stay with music today. Enough of movies and such with hubby. I'll dance around
 
Last edited by a moderator:
:beer::dancy::cheers::loveshwr:Hi @Janene
It dawned on me in the middle of the night that I was singing "Carry On" by Kansas most of yesterday. I'm not sure why that stuck in my head as CSN Deja Vu is one of my favorite albums of all times...takes me back to college days in the early 70's and many crazy memories. For whatever reason, Kansas (my grad school days in the late 70's at U of KS) got stuck. It was actually appropriate (hence the "wayward" comment above!) to but not a real fav of mine. Today, I plug in my earbuds and catch all my favorites and hopefully carefully dance the day away! Classic rock, blues, country rock, classical, and yoga/kirtan music will all sooth the day! Thanks for your support and suggestions.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Awwwww,
I'm so happy for you!!! It's such a drag to watch TV ALL the time (not a big TV person anyway....) and you can spend hours and hours exploring music now online (old and new)....and it's soooo healing ~ puts you in a whole different space!
(I sent Layla "Roam" by the B52's for her 1 year hipaversary : )
I have one for you today:
"You can make it if you Try" by Sly and the Family Stone!
Big Hugs to you Sista!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Janene. I love today's suggestion too. I'm taking a new approach today!
 
OK....here's another fun one for you my little 70's rocker' girl : )
"Roll with the changes" by REO Speedwagon!!! ~
 
Last edited:
Thanks! I love your energy and spirit!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning Luvsibes ~
I thought of a beautiful uplifting song for you today : ) by one of my all time favorite artists...
"Back in the High Life Again" by Steve Winwood
I know you'll be back in the swing of things soon and I'm sending you lots of positive healing vibes to you today!
Big Hugs
 
Perfect! Thanks. You are a ray of light and musical joy! Steve Winwood is definitely on the favorite list for me! Yesterday, I spent most of the day with my ear phones on and played my entire blues and women in blues playlists! A little Bonnie Raitt, Etta James, Susan Tedeschi, Janeva Magness, Fleetwood, BB King, Clapton and the day just sailed by! I took time also to revisit my old friends CSN too! Thanks for the healing and recovery playlists for all of us!

I hope you have a joyful day and are moving into the high life again too!:spin::beer::dancy::loveshwr:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Awwwww~
So great to hear that and know that I'm thinking of you (and sweet Annie Rose) ALL the time!:wink:
Big Big Hugs ~
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@luvsibes How are you doing today? I hope you are having a good day and not feeling too bored. :wave:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wowza...Etta James....BB King...Fleetwood Mac....Clapton (and the rest) luv them all ~ beautiful and healing!
So great to hear that and know that I'm thinking of you (and sweet Annie Rose) ALL the time!:wink:
Big Big Hugs ~
 
Last edited:
Waiting for the nurse aid for a final bandage change today and finally the post-op on Monday! Yea!

I got my cane yesterday and it's much more pleasant to use than the walker! I can walk unassisted in the house and went with my PT yesterday to the corner and back without any assistive device!

My pain is lessened and it's just the incision that is sore. PT suggested that I begin to touch and massage it gently to begin to break up scar tissue. I've also read that healing touch or light celtic weave (figure 8's) over the tissue stimulates this healing too. She told me that once my stitches/staples are removed they will likely give me some ointment. She also recommended that I get a vitamin e topical to apply and massage the scar tissue. She recommended Burt's Bees Mama Bee Tummy Balm. I've never had a baby or previous surgeries or large scars so I hadn't thought of these things!

So ready for the next step!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
YAY! That's awesome...moving to a cane ~ onward and upward : )
I was suggested exactly the same...light massage (which I didn't do until my 6th week) and Vit E..(haven't used) but my scar is soooo small (4") I'm very fortunate for that...not that I'm going to be resuming my super model career anytime soon :rotfl:
I'm still just a tad tender to the touch but every day is a bit better....no babies here either...,well except for my "fur baby" ~ Fritz lol! Everything is a 1st for me...we're all learning as we go through this journey together ~ soooo blessed to have this forum : )
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom