It's been a couple of rough days since I last posted. The day after the surgeon's visit was miserable. Of course I was up & on the leg more, then a car ride and walk into the appointment, etc. We've all probably had rough next days.
I've been stretching out between pain meds and sometimes its okay, then others I'm really hurting. Poor hubby, I'm not one prone to emotional outbursts but the last two days haven't been really fun!! I've been down, but I'm really having trouble elevating. It hurts just under my knee cap. I am elevating but maybe not as high as I should. That's today's goal.
Last night the pain got out of hand. Today is my 3 week mark - I mentally know how great I'm doing, but my knee is protesting!!! As many knee surgeries as I've had, this is by far the worst recovery. Of course it was also a bigger and longer procedure. I'm hoping to turn a corner. This is wearing me out and I'm worn out already. I know everyone here totally understands that statement.
I'm going to attempt to get a picture. I do have swelling, which is expected. But I have an odd area that just looks weird to me. Its just to the left side of the bottom of the incision. Its a pocket of swelling? That's my guess. I've tried wrapping it but it really doesn't help.
Back to bed for me. Hoping everyone is hanging in there. These knee surgeries aren't a piece of cake - oh cake, now that might make me feel better!!! Think I'll just grab a cup of hot tea and place myself on the bed.