Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Hippy Toonz

Status
Not open for further replies.
My doting mom came and picked me up today for a 5-mile car ride to her house for coffee. Getting out of the house was great. Climbing into the tall seat of an Escalade was a mild challenge but I got there. I also did it all with just my hiking poles. No walker.
When I got home I iced up and took 1 oxy as a preventative measure because I'm POSITIVE that it was work enough to be aggravating.

Got in The Big Chair at home, finished watching The Wind That Shakes The Barley (now I feel like fighting the British for Northern Ireland) and did a little web surfing.

Feelin' OK.
I remain optimistic!
 
I drove today for the first time. It was just to the mailbox and back but felt good (our driveway is 3500' so round trip was a little over a mile and I got back in the garage without issue!! WooHoo! I won't drive more until the Dr releases me next week.
 
So pleased you had an outing @DrToonz - cabin fever gets to most of us... Love the fact you are using your hiking poles - have you seen the article I wrote about Nordic Walking in the social room?
 
have you seen the article I wrote about Nordic Walking in the social room?
Now I've seen it. And i looked it up to determine if it's what I've been doing.
I didn't know it, but I've been Nordic Walking for years. I've been calling it training for hiking. I just take my hiking poles with me, put on my backpack for a little extra weight (not something i'd do while doing BTHR rehab) and start walking.
Yup. I'm a Nordic Walker.

By the way: I can vouch for the effective joint relief of using hiking/walking poles while walking. The difference is quite remarkable. No, it's AMAZING.
 
@DrToonz good to know about the walking poles. I got some in the fall just before my hip got so bad that I really couldn't walk much at all. Nice to know they'll be handy again!
 
@DrToonz...........Wow a change of scenery already, that is wonderful! I am sure your mom was happy to spend the time in a different setting with you too. Our mailbox is a 1/4 mile up hill from our house so I won't be going to get the mail for a while I am sure! Can't do it right now, used to do 4 trips in no time to get my mile in....ahhh those were the days! I am from Alaska and we always have a diamond willow stick (walking poles) when we are in the woods so I guess in a way I am/have been a Nordic walker too! So glad you are doing so well, I have actually counted the days .........23 and counting down, hoping my BTHR is as good as yours. Keep us posted!
 
good to see you 'out and about' @DrToonz . I looked at the Nordic walking info. it looks great. maybe one of these days i'll try it, and to think you've been doing it all along. hope you're 'remaining optimistic'.
 
Lol!! I'm missing my Saturday night dates with hubby at our neighborhood bar. I'm thinking that you must be off any narcotic and blood thinning medication at the very least. Maybe @Josephine could give us a more educated answer? Great question!! ;)
 
:). Where does beer fall on the glycemic index again?
 
Where does beer fall on the glycemic index again?
Not much data out there. Occasional beers don't mess with my a1c too much. I'm not looking to drink a dozen or anything, I'm just curious to know if I were going to drink a beer, is it OK, and at what point.
 
don't tell anyone, but I had a glass last Sunday
So you're about 2 weeks ahead of me so by YOUR standard (if you have any standards :heehee:) I should wait about 10 more days, right?
My guess would be when you are off the narcotics.
I've made it for about 36 hours with no narcotics. I'm not certain they're entirely behind me yet, but I'm getting there!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom