THR Hippity Doo Dah!<

Oh no, not any fun to experience random pain out of nowhere.
Try lots of icing and rest @Carriemay60
Hopefully after a good night's sleep you'll feel better.

Hoping that you stay off it the rest of the afternoon/evening/night. If you ice and elevate the whole time, by morning it will surely be better. No cooking dinner tonight!!! So sorry @Carriemay60, it sounds like the whole week has been horrible for you. And it doesn't help to say that it's going to get better, but I'm hoping it does soon! :console2:

@SE Florida Yes, I have taken the night off. Still feel a very deep pain. Dinner out, ice and off to bed in a few minutes to watch some Hell's Kitchen :) Still thinking the ice is making it feel worse though so might skip that when I get into bed. Hotflashing tonight so won't try the heating pad :heehee:

@Carriemay60 Did you manage to sleep okay love. I have noticed that ice leaves me really uncomfortable just lately. I have started craving heat. I need the comfort of cuddling a hot water bottle and I like to rub it up and down my naughty leg...

Good Morning @Carriemay60
Wondering if sleep has eased your pain at all...
Hopefully so. Please let us know how you're feeling today.
I hope you have a lovely weekend!

1. Oh that is a beautiful photo of you walking at the park and with the gorgeous weather! well done! sorry you had pain afterwards. Good luck at Physio and hope you are feeling better today. Where on the west coast did you grow up? I grew up in Vancouver. Take good care today.

Thank you all. I didn't sleep too bad but still have the feeling of being kicked and bruised. I am envisioning that piriformis muscle winding itself up and when I moved, it just let go like a wound up elastic band. I will try a couple of simple walks today an hopefully it will work itself out.

@Bfam85 Yes, I only feared dislocation in the first minute or so when it was at it's worst. As soon as I felt it starting to settle I knew it was certainly not dislocation. Apparently the only thing you will be capable of if dislocated is screaming for an ambulance :sos:

@lotusbuds Thank you. I grew up in Victoria and we moved to Parksville in my late teens. I still miss the Island so much!! I lived in Vancouver twice for about a year each time. Once in Kits and once near the Knight St. Bridge.

Would you like Jo to weigh in? Or wait and see if it settles?
@Carriemay60

@Layla I am pretty confident this will settle down. She has posted several times about that piriformis muscle and I checked her article about it so I do think that's involved. It's quite a small, but super strong muscle. The one that makes us feel like we are sitting on a big rock when it's grumbly I believe.

@Layla I think I've reconsidered about Josephine giving me her opinion. I just tried sneaking out of the house for a short walk while the guys are busy in the backyard and didn't even make it to the end of my driveway. Right away, I was sensing some clicking and 6-7 on the pain scale. It is higher than that piriformis muscle is I think and closer to the hip joint. Back on the ice for now. I got caught within minutes of trying to sneak out as a teenager too - guess I shouldn't haven't had tried. :nah: :whistle:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom