Guest viewing is limited

THR Hippity Doo Dah!<

@SarahBee & @SE Florida Nothing wrong with a pot roast; absolute comfort to me and the smell in the house is like heaven!
@Bfam85 I have missed really good chicken and turkey soups this last winter or two because I just couldn't do all the bone picking/standing/chopping, etc. I really wished I had one on hand to come home to after surgery. I used to run a homemade soup & pie tea shop with my mom about 35 years ago.
 
@Carriemay60 You are at the stage I call the "one month slump". Most people see significant progress in the first 4 weeks. For some reason at week 4 it seems everything is moving in slow motion. Truth is you are still very much in healing mode. I predict you will see significant progress when you get to the 6-8 week mark.
 
Thing is about the water bottle top... I was finished with the water, didn't need it, no one else could see it, but i used my cane, a broom handle, the fly swatter and almost hurt myself trying to get it out.
When hubby got home, I was in a puddle crying about how I couldn't reach it and how infirmed and incompetent I felt. He said "What do you need it for?":scratch:
That Is Not The Point! I exclaimed.:shrug:
 
Hi @CarrieMay
Hated week 4/5 with those Blues.. felt like I’d made so much progress & then... thud... it hits just what you’ve been through...

Hold on.... it gets better... hopefully some sunshine will come your way... sending lots of positive hugs.

A bunch of spring flowers for you too.
[Bonesmart.org] Hippity Doo Dah!<



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
@Mojo333 and of course it wasn't really about that bottle cap!!! It was ALL of the dropped items, the asking for help picking up "whatever" that item was at the moment. For me, it's been my cane falling just outside of my reach for the umpteenth time....I have actually started laughing. We do need a sense of humor about all of this, don't we? Thankfully, my husband has been so patient and helpful. That helps for sure. @Hoppy Nanny what glorious color on such a dreary day in the northeast of America....
 
What the flaming heck?!!
Sitting down I started to move my right op leg slightly to the left and had the most excruciating sudden pain. Absolutely took my breath away. My 1st fear was dislocation it was so bad. The "spasm"? eased after about 2 minutes but I can still finger point it. Feels like @Rhiannon89 's kicked me full force. Still not entirely sure if it was muscle or..? Sure hope I never face that again. I think it was the biggest pain since surgery. Off the charts!
 
Oh, no, @Carriemay60 ! Does it hurt when you walk or bear weight on it? Or was it just the spasm and now a sore spot? I hate you are having this still/again. Hope you feel better and it's just a painful blip. Hugs! :console2:
 
@SarahBee It feels a little harder walking, maybe a bit weaker but not unstable. But definitely a sore spot. I was nervous to put weight on it initially in case it buckled on me. Kind of odd because I didn't really feel like I needed to ice but my son convinced me it was due and worth it. Only sitting on the ice 10 minutes when it happened.
 
Wow that’s scary, but I’ve had the same happen. So unsettling. Why must recovery be so mind rattling?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom