THR Hippity Doo Dah!<

@Carriemay60 As I think I mentioned, I started using a cane a few years ago so it wasn't too difficult after surgery. When I did begin to use it, I had sore hands, arms and shoulders, as well as back ache. After using the walker after surgery, the thigh and buttocks also kicked up a bit. I did find being sure I was standing straight and holding the tummy muscles firmly in place made me feel much more stable and lessened the achiness. Hope this is helpful.
 
Just a thought but you might find taking smaller strides helpful at this stage. When I started using my Leki stick I overstretched by taking long strides. Someone here suggested smaller steps and it did help.
 
The clue is in the phrase “keep up”. You have to go at your pace not someone else’s!

I now have a much longer stride which feels natural but the shorter strides and not too fast helped in the beginning as was constantly thinking “heel toe”

Hip a bit achy today but have sat in the car as a passenger travelling over 500 miles in 3 days so a bit stiff but ok. Was house hunting and clambering over and up lots of steps, walking through acres of pasture and uneven ground all without stick and generally overdid it. But have come a long way. Now in bed with an ice pack and serve me right!
 
@SurreyGirl Sorry you exceeded your limit the last few days but does sound like a bit of fun looking at houses. I also love doing road trips with my hubby. Hopefully the rest & icing tonight will pay off!
I also am constantly thinking 'heel/toe' and if something distracts me my foot fans outward immediately. My leg trained hard for that so it is not giving up easily!
 
@Carriemay60 Wow, that sounds great! You're so much further along than I was at 4 weeks, even walking a straight line! I just knew that you could do it! Just stand your ground with PT when you go, don't want any hiccups now. Your husband, son and OS should all be so proud of your hard work and stamina! What an inspiration you are to all of us! :yay:
 
I guess my grumpy face worked!! :egypdance:
Out of PT without doing anything I didn't want to and hopefully will not be hurting badly from anything I did do. I just quietly slipped out without making another appointment so unless they send the knee breaker guys looking for me, I won't be going back.
:ice:
 
I've been feeling a bit odd today. At first I thought I might be sick and my RA was super bad when thru the night and when I woke. But as the day went on, I think I just feel a off centre somehow. Maybe a bit bluesy, maybe a bit tired, who knows....
I did make an awesome dinner with some help from my son, poached wild salmon in a white wine cream sauce, mashed potatoes, asparagus and carrots. YUM!!!
One interesting observation today is that I was able to unlace my own running shoes using my grabber. It took about 20 minutes per shoe to get just the right grab but hey, passed some time :heehee:
 
Can I come over for dinner? That sounds amazing! Hope it lifted your spirits! (Can you tell I’m an emotional eater???)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Dinner sounds wonderful, Carriemay.
I'm sorry you're feeling a bit off today.
Hopefully a good night's sleep will help and you'll feel better tomorrow.
Sending a warm hug your way :console2: and wishing you sweet dreams.
@Carriemay60
 
What a lovely dinner...sounds divine...well done you.

Think post op... mid recovery blues hits us all.. hoping you feel better after a night’s sleep @CarrieMay
Sending hugs [emoji847]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
poached wild salmon in a white wine cream sauce, mashed potatoes, asparagus and carrots. YUM!!!
Double yum!
Those post op blues seem to pop up after one month mark for many of us.
Not sure why...:shrug:
I had a good melt down over a water bottle cap that rolled under a china cabinet that I couldn't retrieve and it took me a good 2 days to get over it.:cry:
I think I was in a euphoric honeymoon stage for the first month ...the Yes, I Made It stage...and then as my body began to enter bounce back mode...my emotions hit the skids.
Hope today is a better day.:flwrysmile:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom