Guest viewing is limited

THR Hippity Doo Dah!<

@Hoppy Nanny That must have been terrifying to say the least. I can't imagine what I would do if anything threatened this hip so will be minding my P&Q's!!

In the area where this swelling is, I can feel what feels like a water bubble inside when I move certain ways. Maybe feels about the size of a mandarin orange. When I move in just one or two different ways, it feels like something is passing over the bubble kind of making it warp and readjust for a second. I'm not worried about it at all at this stage but it sure is weird and curious!
 
Carriemay, because the swelling is new and you have a descriptive way of explaining it, consider calling the surgeon's office on Monday. With your details and answers to any questions they ask, they should be able to determine whether you need to be seen. There's nothing like peace of mind.
I hope you sleep well tonight! :yawn: :sleep:
@Carriemay60
 
Morning @Carriemay60...the good news is that you have just noticed this new swelling and so you can get a timely reading from your OS....I would probably call their service today even....I am one of those in the "Let's Take Care of this Now" Club vs. the "I will ignore this and hopefully it will go away Club"....All will be well!!!:)
 
I am really not concerned about this. I may even just be noticing the swelling now because I can move a bit differently and an injured area can gather a bit of fluid temporarily. I will leave it for now but will certainly seek an OS opinion if it increases or changes much at all.

Today the sun is finally shining - almost felt shocked to see the sun at my window when I woke this morning. It seems like we've had rain & fog all but one or two days since my surgery. I am going to suggest we get in the car and find a nice, quiet paved path for a walk, find the first ice-cream cone of the year and just soak up the sun and slightly warmer temperature! If I time it right, I may even get dinner out - cabin fever got me bad yesterday!
:loveshwr:
 
Happy to hear you finally have a sunny day @Carriemay60! Hopefully your husband's jello legs can withstand the outing.......so funny reading this!!! Enjoy the ice cream and score that dinner too, you deserve it! Now, I have to add that since you brought up the swelling issue, when you get home...........ICE and elevate!!! :ice:
 
So we went to a paved pathway along the lake and I walked a fair bit to a bench. I carried a small cushion in a little nylon backpack so was able to sit on that for awhile and then walk back to the car. We decided to stay at the beach for fish & chips and then went for ice-cream. Hip & leg are just a bit tired and sore but icing everywhere now and will likely do one more round while elevating in bed tonight. I feel really renewed to get that walk in the sun and see everyone out enjoying it. When sun hits in Canada, people are like a bunch of puppies let out for the 1st time, all happy and full of life. Today wasn't too chilly at all but even if it was, the first sign of sun in Canada has everyone out in shorts and flip flops. We saw one group of young men at the beach without shirts. Didn't hang around long enough to see if they went swimming. Tomorrow is supposed to be even warmer :egypdance:
 
It sounds like you had a really wonderful day and plenty of sunshine to rev up the system too! Glad to hear you have that ice going and hope you get a good night of sound sleep! :sleeep:
 
I feel the same about jinxing @JennyLynne but have my fingers crossed! Gorgeous here today again. The only thing wrong with today is that I slept a bit late and wasted a few hours of it. :)
My first real outside walk with the cane. No soreness at all today! :yes!: My thigh and butt muscles felt a bit grumbly last night so I iced a fair bit and only a little stiffness this morning. (the backpack holds my little cushion to rest on the benches - worked beautifully)

[Bonesmart.org] Hippity Doo Dah!<
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom