Guest viewing is limited

THR Hippie Post Op Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hang in there because it takes a while to see improvement. In fact, you might think you aren't making progress and you are. Might RTHR will be 8 weeks tomorrow and I just got off the cane the last two days. Prior to that the limp was too pronounced. PT helped a lot.That said washing my siberian husky @lee065 won't be happening any time soon. Running distance with two huskies tethered together for more than 20 years is probably what got me into this in the first place. Over time things get better.
 
@lovetowalk

Yes I confused your progress with that of another Hippy. If I had read this reply earlier today, trust me my whole day would have gone differently. Two huskies tethered together. I guess we all wore out our hips doing different variations of the same dumb thing.:loll:I dropped the cane at 6 weeks I'm just worried about being able to walk into my place of work on the 18th without a limp. So I'll stay away from dog washings until then. And I think I'll keep doing my PT for a few more weeks as well since I am lucky enough to have the option. Walks have helped me alot. Stay well and galdto hear from you.
 
@lovetowalk, mine too was caused by running distance. I always ran as my exercise, typically five miles three times per week. But then I wanted to run a half-marathon before I turned 50, and at is what did it. I trained for nine months with a running group.

Low and behold, I had a congenital hip deformity, a smaller hip,than the other side that was too small for the femur,plus a 1.5 cm cyst. I have to wonder if I will be able to ever run again, certainly not great distance, but have you read any literature on how far, if at all?
 
I ran a lot for 30 years and competed from 5k to the half marathon, cycle, spin, work out with weights, do yoga and Pilates, taught aerobics, etc. At this point in my life I am not even considering running. I have been consistent with exercise since I started school in 1957 and I know it has paid off in quality of life and for reasons of vanity. Running is too much pounding to put on the hip prosthesis in my opinion. Life changes and I truly love to walk, cycle, hike, and all the other things, too. My goal now is to have good balance, maintain strength and aerobic capacity, and to live a long and happy life. I am going to do that without running, but if I can do it without a revision down the road that will be great. My OS says NO running. Only one doc I have heard of says running is OK and I think he has a very big ego and is a good snake oil salesman.
 
Oh no - Lee @lee0605 - washing the dog. I haven't been able to give mine a bath since last year and that was torture for myself. My daughter gave her a bath a few weeks ago as she escaped the yard and found something very ripe and smelly to roll in. I too had the glue - not staples but it does look like staples and clueless as to why - I will ask when I see the OS.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom