THR Hippie Chick’s Recovery Journey

@Hippie Chick so happy to hear you're home resting, icing and elevating! Hope you have an awesome night and get some much needed sleep. If you can't sleep you know there's usually somewhere roaming around here so stop back by.
 
I'm glad to hear the surgery went well and you had a better care experience.
I hope you have an easy first night.
 
My OS just called to check on me which is really a sign of excellent patient care. I was able to report that at this point in recovery I feel I am recovering better than my prior THR. Hoping my fellow hippies are doing well today too!
 
To put things in proper perspective- my sister texted my boss after my surgery to provide an update on my condition. My boss has made no response. We are a small school with a staff of under 60.
 
That is not quite the response one hopes for from a caring boss.
But a call from your OS is a big deal. Surgeons so rarely do that.

I hope today is a good healing day!
 
@Hippie Chick As for binge watching ... it depends on what you like. There's a thread over in the Social Room with lots of suggestions: https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/movies-series-to-watch-2022.68999/

Plus some new one's I've been enjoying - Dalgliesh - on Amazon Prime - British mysteries
Dark Winds - Amazon Prime - Native American mysteries
Three Pines - Amazon Prime - Canadian police mysteries

Lockwood & Co - Netflix - British Ghost Hunters
The Irregulars - Netflix - British Sherlock Holmes
Enola Holmes (movies I & Ii) - Netflx - Sherlock's little sister
 
I will be 3 weeks on Tuesday I think. Last week I cut back from 4 pills to 3 pills and all was well- pain managed. Icing and elevating. Today decided I was ready to cut down once again. Tonight my hip is sending pain flares, nerves are shooting fireworks off, icing and elevating, not ready to cut down just yet. Walking and first set of exercises are fine. My meds have just been working like they were supposed to. Hoping meds kick in so I can get some sleep. Good night!
 
Ugh. I hate when I misjudge the meds required. I hope you were able to get back to sleep.
 
Landed in the ODIC- I have been too busy this week! Doctor’s appointment, ate at a wonderful barbecue joint afterwards, went to Target, and survived my awful steps. Today I am icing and elevating with no plans beyond reading or watching Netflix. I am not buying the official ODIC T-shirt because I do not like it here. Hoping no other hippies land in the ODIC today.
 
@Hippie Chick Icing and elevating and resting is the best way to exit the ODIC. No worries, usually visits to the club are temporary and easily recovered from. And eventually the activities you described will no longer lead to a visit to that club!
 
Any person serious about getting better will be in the ODIC at least once. It's the only way we can find out where our evolving limitations are.

So now you know your current limit is likely 1/2 to 2/3 of all that!
 
You got this, you clearly recognize a day that you did a little more activity than normal followed by a day watching Netflix! I love it!
 
Thanks everyone! Hopefully I will make it out of the ODIC today. I have been watching movies and making short trips around the house as I need things. I found out just how easy it is to overdo- too much walking combined with getting in and out of the car. Happy Friday everyone!
 
Back
Top Bottom