THR Hip Surgery Jan 30 2024

kathibean01

Country
United States United States
I’ve been scheduled for hip replacement surgery On January 30! Thought I had sciatica and spinal stenosis when therapist suggested a hip X-ray! Bone on bone stage 4! Doing a lot of reading, research and praying! I have my pre op appoint on Thursday and hope they give me more information about recovery! it is being done out patient at Fort Sanders Tennessee Orthopedic Clinic!

@kathibean01 Welcome to BoneSmart! :welome: Feel free to read any thread here in pre op and over in the recovery area. And do ask any questions you may have.

Here are some articles and suggestions for you:

Hip: pre-surgery considerations

If you are at the stage where you have joint pain but don't know for sure if you are ready to have surgery, these links may help:

Longevity of implants and revisions: How long will my new joint last?

If you are at the stage where you are planning to have surgery but are looking for information so you can be better prepared for what is to come, take a look at these links:

Recovery Aids: A comprehensive list for hospital and home
Recliner Chairs: Things you need to know if buying one for your recovery
Pre-Op Interviews: What's involved?

And if you want to picture what your life might be like with a replaced hip, take a look at the posts and threads in stories of amazing hip recoveries

Hi and Welcome to BoneSmart!
Not long to wait now, kathibean. Good luck with your pre-op on Thursday.
Please let us know which hip will be replaced so we can add that bit of info to your signature.
I wish you all the best and lots of comfort as you await the 30th. Thanks for joining us!
@kathibean01

Oh Kathibean, I am pulling for you and I envision your RTHR as a complete success. God bless you.

Best wishes tomorrow, @kathibean01! You've got this.

Looking forward to seeing you on the Recovery side when you are feeling up to it.

Bye bye hip pain...
healing hugs in advance:) :-) (:

Best wishes for an uneventful hip replacement. I went through that twice in 2008, and went on to have a great, productive life after recovery. Tomorrow is my RTKR. So I’ll pray for you, you pray for me! We both got this!❤️❤️

Thinking of you and wishing you a very smooth day at your surgery facility. It will be all over before you know it!

:flwrysmile:

Best Wishes today! We'll be watching for you on the healing side and hope to see you soon. :wave:
@kathibean01

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
FirstroundSAFS