Hip replacement with BMI at 45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my date today!!! October 16th. Now I'm really apprehensive. ....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
 
Roll on October Snickers.
well done so far with the BMI. Evidence suggests that People with High BMI fare just as well as people with normal BMI after hip replacement. And think of how that Score will drop when your mobility improves.
Best Wishes.
Joe.....
 
hurray @snickers ! You are doing an incredible job with the weight loss-- that does indeed show commitment, and you'll be in the right place to start your recovery with good clean diet and a wish to get back to exercising.

Many are indeed apprehensive once they have signed on the dotted line for a date. Believe me, the waiting is the worst part-- then you may have to go off the celebrex for a week, and that will be the worster part. And suddenly you are in the hospital with not a moment to think, and then you wake up and it doesn't hurt with the arthritis pain any more, and you can walk! Easily! Looking forward to hearing your success story :smile2:
 
@snickers I'll be before you...trust me you'll be OK. I know I did it in April. I'll be a month in and here pulling for you :loveshwr:
 
Wow @snickers awesome weight loss keep on keeping on but don't get weak trying for a number. Do your best and if you make it cool if you fall 5 pounds short of a goal...still WOW awesome. If you need to talk on fears I'm here for you.
 
@snickers Well done on the great weight loss! Keep posting here about your concerns and fears. It does help!
 
Great job @snickers !!!
You will be a great role model for a successful hip replacement story. Try not to get too anxious. Everyone is rooting for you.:flwrysmile:
 
Surgery date moved up to Sept. 18th....hip is going down hill quickly.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
 
That's not good it's going down hill but great they moved you up so less pain sooner. I will keep you in my prayers. I bet you feel pressured. Hugs
 
That's not good it's going down hill but great they moved you up so less pain sooner. I will keep you in my prayers. I bet you feel pressured. Hugs
Thanks MyAussieGirl.....I do feel like it's moving really quickly...but the pain is getting pretty intense.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
 
Best to get it done then @snickers I know I wish I didn't have to get hip 2 done so soon but the pain is hideous now... I think cause my fixed hip is well and higher and this one is taking a beating. We will be well soon. HUGE HUGS
 
55 pounds down!! Getting difficult to exercise because of the pain. The Celebrex doesn't seem like it's working very good any more. Just got a live with it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
 
55 pounds is amazing! Congratulations! Just wait until after your surgery. Once you're able to move around without pain, weight loss is so much easier. I lost more than 40 pounds without even trying.

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk
 
The Celebrex doesn't seem like it's working very good any more.
Unfortunately there is really no medication that controls pre-op pain. Try and stay off that hip and don't do anything that aggravates it for now.

I had the same experience as Alex post-op. Lost weight without trying when I could finally move around without walking aids.
 
Had to use a cane today...sharp shooting pain...no sleep. Just gotta make it 3 more weeks.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
 
I wish I had had the brains to use a walker or cane back before my first choice hip..
5 years and I just suffered...duh lol
 
I was on crutches for a month before my THR. It's okay. Just do what you need to do to get through this time. Recovery is a piece of cake compared to the wait before surgery.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom