Hip replacement with BMI at 45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats @snickers, and wise to start using the cane. I did that too before my first THR in May and I think it really helped, at least it helped keep me from screwing up my back in the process from limping etc! Hopefully your 3 weeks will go by quickly. Hell, I know they won't but I'll hope anyway!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Great accomplishment...that pain worsening, as mine did, at least helped solidify in my mind that hip replacement was absolutely necessary.
You are going to get your life back.
 
Thanks for the encouragement.....it helps. I still might go crazy these next three weeks waiting and worrying. Almost feels like a panic attack sometimes. My poor wife tries to help but really doesn't know what to say. I know that this is necessary to walk normal again and do the things I want to do, but I've never had such a major surgery before. Really apprehensive about the outcome.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
 
@snickers, my first THR in May was my first time in the hospital since birth, I'd never had a broken bone or any surgery and was so nervous! Fortunately I had a great surgeon and a group of really great nurses, and I hope you have a great experience as well!

But yeah, you'll still go crazy waiting!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
My first overnight hospital stay, also.
I was super anxious.
Here's the only things I could do to prepare as my surgery was literally set for 3.5 weeks after my surgeon confirmed diagnosis. Great for no wait, way to quick to wrap head around.
Here's about the only productive things you can do physically. Try to stay healthy. Vitamin C for healing...eat healthy and do all you can to keep blood moving. I strengthened my upper body with some small weights...nice to be able to move yourself to more comfortable position.
I ate well, but light... not only to keep my weight down but to clear out my digestive system some.
Take others stories to heart, and realize you are going to be ABLE to do more than you think quickly but you don't need to!!!
You are going to do great. :yes:
 
Prior to my first be hip I'd only had my tonsils out. I know anxiety and panic attacks. Huge hugs you'll be just fine :prayer:
 
62 pounds down....had my preoperative bloodwork, EKG, chest x-rays all done, and saw the family Dr. for final approval. Everything is a go!! Now if the 18th would hurry up and get here, the pain won't let me sleep but about 2 hours a night. Can't stand, can't sit, can't lay down without pain. Wife says I look really tired. Shoulders starting to hurt from pushing off to stand up or move.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
 
Awww hugs @snickers I go on the 13th but they are having issues getting my EKG results from one hospital to another... I will weep if they reschedule or cancel. I know that pain you're feeling though I do sleep some better than you... Valium and Ambein give me about 6 hrs. I will be praying for you. We are closing in on our dates. Huge HUGS
 
Good for you!! @snickers
All your hard work will soon pay off. You'll also have less weight on your new hip after surgery.
Only sleeping two hours a night must take its toll, my heart goes out to you.
The 18th will be here soon and once you're in recovery you will undoubtly catch up on sleep.
Best wishes for surgery and recovery. Please keep us posted.
 
I was so sleep deprived before my surgery...much sympathy here. Tremendous victory on weight loss, it will certainly make recovery easier. Won't be long now...thinking of you and hoping you an uneventful recovery:fingersx:
 
Snickers we ate all here for you. I've done this twice I think the first time is easier ...well lol...a tad...cause you go knowing yet not knowing. See my thread for some ideas for good ice on areas and ASK we are happy to answer lol I just woke at 3 PM gimme time to find some smarts
 
@snickers that is an astounding weight loss! I am sorry about the horrible pain and no sleep, but tomorrow will go by so quickly and then that pain will be GONE forever! Some surgical pain, yes, but nothing like what you have now, and you can anticipate that the surgical pain will fade with the days and weeks. You will walk tomorrow, a new man! Your wife will be So Happy-- as will we all!!! Rooting for you tomorrow, will hope to check in and see if you've posted (but feel no pressure; it gets pretty busy in a hospital room, and any time you're alone, you may just want to zone out and catch some zzz's. :zzz: )
 
Prayers going up @snickers You're going to do great!
It will be over before you know it and you'll be back here telling us your story.
Can't wait to hear it and cheer you on with encouragement during recovery.
We'll be thinking of you and waiting to hear from you......keep us posted!
 
I hope you get tons of sleep or even rest tonight. You'll be in my prayers :prayer:. I just as you know had a night before so I know how afraid I can get and anxiety yikes ...up to the sky..
But know after the post surgery pain which is not that bad you'll be glad you did it. Hey I'm a loon but not THAT much so as I went for hip 2 it can't be that bad right???
 
All done @snickers. You've finally done it. Hope pain is managed and you are sleeping. :zzz:
 
Surgery done....in quite a bit of pain. Had a turkey sandwich and some pain meds...haven't walked yet but later tonight they said I was getting up. Thank you all for all of the encouragement. Will post later on the other side!! Back to sleep for now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom