• REGISTER for Joint Replacement Awareness Day on May 9th, 2020!

Surgeons, patients, and other medical professionals will talk about topics you've told are important to you. You can ask questions LIVE of the participants. Please "like" and "share" our JRAD notice on your Facebook page too!

Register and learn more in this announcement:

Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

THR Hip Replacement-9 weeks still limping

Elf1

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
@Teresawebb good update, agree that breakfast with Santa would be tiring, but fun I'm sure. It's good that you're being mindful of your posture and the way you are walking, it really does make a difference. Hope your holidays are wonderful!
:xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon: :santa-dance:

OP
OP
Teresawebb

Teresawebb

Country
@Eman85 thank you for your feedback. I like the term purpose walking. I will keep that term in my head. Glad you are doing well. Thx again.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
In every day life we might walk a fair amount but most is sloppy habit walking.
Nice update @Teresawebb Thanks for sharing.
I find what Eman85 said above to be true also. I really had to concentrate on my gait. You'll get there. You're only five months post op and with more healing, patience and practice you'll nail it. :yes!:

Wishing you a nice weekend, a Merry Christmas and a happy healthy 2020!

:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:

OP
OP
Teresawebb

Teresawebb

Country
Just checking in. I am happy to report that I am 6 months out and doing much better. I still have a limp but it has greatly improved. I am not doing any pt exercises just walking. I am uncomfortable some days and take an OTC. Icing and elevating are still my friends.Had my 6 month and final check up with OS he felt I was on track. I remember one of the “Bonesarters” telling me what a difference they felt at 6 months... I definitely feel that same way. It would have been very difficult to make it to this point without the great advice and support that I received here. I plan to continue to check in and hopefully be able to offer support to the newbies. Hope all have gotten a good start in the New Year. Thanks again.

CricketHip

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Hello @Teresawebb :wave: So glad to see your update and that you are still making progress. I remember so well when you found this forum and your description of the exercises you were trying to keep up with!
Just think how good you'll feel in another month or so. It just keeps getting better.. :yes:

OP
OP
Teresawebb

Teresawebb

Country
@CricketHip grest memory.. you and others were right on the money about PT. I ways doing way to much too soon... Again so glad that I found this site. That one piece of advice regarding PT was invaluable. It turned things around for me. Take good care and thanks again.

Trudijane

Country
Hello,
Just caught this post - and as I reported to this wonderful group, I too made a big leap as far as recovery is concerned at the 6-month mark.

Now, it is going on the 9th month; and I feel pretty much - not totally back to normal (just don't want too jinx myself). I am worrying less & less of the movements I make that I wasn't to make earlier (putting on shoes, getting in car, etc.).

It is a great feeling, isn't it? I wish you well.
Trudi

Mojo333

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
:wave: @Teresawebb
Happy belated 6 month Hipversary!!!
So happy you are stepping out of the Overdid It Club and seeing big recovery gains.
Things kept getting better and better for me well up to one year and after.
Also, things could get a bit wonky from time to time when engaging in activities that move muscles around in an unfamiliar way. In which case, I went back to icing and babying.

2020 will be a splendid year.:happydance:
Pop back with an update when possible.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
A belated Happy Six Month Anniversary to you!
It seems you're doing really well. Remember the heel-toe walking as you're trying to lose the limp. I believe it really helps. Happy healing as you continue the journey. I hope 2020 is a great year for you!
@Teresawebb

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Kmcg
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom