THR Hip Replacement-9 weeks still limping

OP
OP
Teresawebb

Teresawebb

Country
United States United States
Hello this Friday will be the 1 year anniversary of my TRHR.Looking back I feel very blessed to have made the progress that I have .. there were days that I struggled. I am also so very grateful for the support of this thread. I wouldn’t have made it as well without you. I still feel achy at times and I know I have to keep moving / walking but all and all doing well. I am conscious that I have a replacement joint .. it still feels somewhat foreign but OS says that it can take as long as 2 years for the bone and skin to completely heal. Hope all are hanging in and taking good care. Again thank you!

CricketHip

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
hello @Teresawebb ! I remember you coming online to the forum and struggling so.

Which makes reading your update that much more special.
So many of the painful issues can be eased by resting and going gentle on the exercises, etc.
Then one day we wake up and realize our hips are working like well oiled machines!

Happy 1 year hippie-versary! Thank you for the kind words for BoneSmart, also. It was there for me too, 5 years ago and I'll never forget the relief of finding such support.

Have a good summer and stop by and check in when you can!

catlover55

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello @Teresawebb I have just finished reading your thread and would just like to say how much I have enjoyed following your recovery journey. I am almost 5 months post op and recovery going pretty well albeit at times can get some aches if I overdo it.However, I find the advice / support I have received from fellow members helps me rein myself in. I am very happy for you to read how well you have progressed at your one year anniversary and wish you good health and continuing progress going forward.

OP
OP
Teresawebb

Teresawebb

Country
@catlover55 best of recovery to you. I was once told on this thread that each month gets better and I found that to be so true. Glad that my thread was helpful to you. Take good care.

Softtail

senior
Country
Nice to hear , one hip down and one to go in September to go along with my 2 new knees . The knees are both over a year old and doing great , so am looking forward to getting some healing time in on hips once both are done. It’s a lengthy process but based on my knee recovery , the light at the end of the tunnel will get brighter and brighter as time moves on.

Layla

SENIOR FORUM ADVISOR
Senior Forum Advisor
Country
One year today...Happy One Year Anniversary, Teresa!
Just read your great update. Thanks for taking the time to drop in and share.
I hope you enjoy the rest of the Summer and the next year is better than the last! :SUNsmile:
@Teresawebb

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Disney Mom
Recent bookmarks