THR Hip Hip Jeffraaaaay! Hip Hip Jeffraaaaay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@2 for Jeff

Jeff

Well it can only go up from the ride home.....you had tons of patience as I would have stopped at the local street corner and bought some from anyone who was selling them. in Canada, hospitals do not discharge on weekends or at least in Ottawa, where I live, they don't. The reason being patients health and where the patients surgeon is on the weekend but they will discharge you at 9 at night.

Sorry it was so rough but it will get better just not as quickly as you would like it to :chillpill:

Cheryl
 
@theweezyone It sounds like you can't wait to get your left hip done. It's probably a lot easier the 2nd time around. It don't look like you'll miss much, Holiday wise. After Thanksgiving and before Christmas.
Great Christmas gift to yourself. We will keep an eye on you up until the 8th. Stay focused
 
@CanukTriMom when I read your posts I tend to tighten up my stomach muscles because they can make the stitches pop out. I like it so much more on this side because I to can share my experiences.
Everything is coming along for me, no matter how slow. At least I'm going in the right direction.
I'm smiling again for no apparent reason. Wifey feels like she got married all over again.
Pain can take a good man and turn him sour.
I'm as sweet as can be now.
I still need work on #13 on your list but I'm getting better


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@2 for Jeff

Jeff......of course you are a hippie now.! But you are definitely official when wake and realize your face is stuck to the pillow as you have drooled through your sleep due the pain meds!:rotfl:

Cheryl
 
@2 for Jeff Congratulations! Glad you made it through. Best of luck with your recovery hope to join you on the other side soon.
 
Glad you made it home (eventually!) Jeff. Sounds like my discharge story; sent home with prescriptions, no meds - don't "do" meds anymore... probably worried the junkies'll knock you on the head in the car park to get to the narcs - oh wait a minute, they do have a Pharmacy on Campus, so they're still happy for those of you who fill the scripts there to get mugged:rotfl: Queue in hospital Pharmacy, ah well, we'll go to our Local Pharmacy.. drive to Local Pharmacy on way home - Surgeon's Assistant has put two Narcotics on one prescription, a :bignono: Hubby goes to Our Doctors Surgery (thankfully next door), you can have an appointment Thursday... it's MONDAY, scripts for PAINkilllers people:rolleyes: so stump over to Our Doctors Surgery on crutches, they take pity and let me see Dr, get two scripts, get painkillers.... leave, realize Surgeon's Assistant has forgotten script for antibiotics, hubby doesn't want to leave me at home alone so, back up to hospital.... Assistant not available, go kill a some time until he has done his thing, go back to hospital, pick up "forgotten" script go home; Hospital is 20 minutes from home/local pharmacy, journey has taken FOUR HOURS. So as you said in your post, try and get 3 or 4 days of meds at discharge, and like I said in my post, make sure you check all your paperwork at discharge:bored:.
Glad your prunes are doing their duty, makes the world of difference:eyebrows:
I hear what you're saying about the percs getting jealous of you typing... I think it might be the ol' Energy Drain; I couldn't believe how tired/exhausted/unable you feel when it hits; luckily it gets better, and hits when there IS a reason (like you've overdone it!) rather than just whenever it feels like it, for instance when you feel like posting on this here Forum:heehee:
Wishing you well with the rest of your recovery. It's hard to be patient, but a little patience is a must I'm afraid. I finally worked out (more or less, and with a few spectacular errors) what I needed to "save" my patience up for - it is a limited resource for me too, lol - and things were a lot less frustrating once that happened:good-bad:
 
@craftdee And I thought I had a bumpy discharge. We are all loaded with enough information to prepare the next batch of Hippies. However who would have thought there would be hurdles to get over on your way home.
So let's get this straight, you need courage, faith, and determination to get into the operating room, and to get home, same thing plus added patience and a map of all the pharmacies within a 25 mile radius :heehee:
Wow! What a mess for you and your husband.
Well I'm glad I met you here craftdee, another alumni of the class of 2014
:cheers:
How is your left hip coming along? And are there any issues with your right ?
 
@CanukTriMom Today I felt great. I walked a little outside to the curb and back. I did a few stairs with my daughter, and we did 3 sets of all the exercises that the hospitals PT told me to do.
Looks like Chloe is eager to whip me back in shape.
I am pacing myself though. I have a great team at home, and of corse all of you here.
My wife will stay home with me for 2 more days before she goes back to work. She cooked and baked all day today, besides taking care of me and bringing Chloe to and from school.
She invited her cousin and his girlfriend over for dinner tonight. (They are the ones who picked me up from the hospital with my wife and daughter) my wife refuses to drive in New York.
I'm looking forward to my visiting nurse and in home PT tomorrow.
I feel the urge to do more and more each day.
Today I had to go up on a step stool to change the light bulb in the kitchen because the bulbs blew in the middle of my wife cooking.
(Even with a ladder my wife couldn't reach it, she's about 5'2")
But her and Chloe made sure Daddy was safe.
Everyone is sleep now, even the cat is snoring. I will go take my meds now, hook up the ice machine, and try to get some rest.
I'm pretty tired and feel a heavy sleep coming on, who knows I might even become an OFFICIAL Hippie tonight.
(wink wink at Cheryl) you know stuck to the pillow :o)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@2 for Jeff

Jeff

Hope you had to peel that pillow off your face. By the way, if you like your neighbours please ask them to change light bulbs during your recovery. I know you said you were safe but going back into the hospital with a dislocation is not my idea of a Happy Thanksgiving! Just sayin:bignono::censored:
 
@CanukTriMom I think your right about the light bulbs. We totally forgot about asking the neighbors. And they keep stopping by asking is there anything they can do for us. I know, I know, think smart and be safe.
Thanks Cheryl
 
@CanukTriMom I second the "take the offer of help" motion; my Mum was upset the other day, she said "I feel like I neglected you during your recovery"... she's 84 and I thought I was protecting her by steering her away from "little jobs", she did babysit the dog for a week which was a huge help, but clearly felt "uninvolved" after that, sigh, we think we're doing the right thing.:shrug:
Naughty Jeff, going up steps (mind you I've been doing that for weeks, I'm short with a tall husband who fitted out the pantry shelves... the only chance I have of reaching the top shelf is with the steps that are kept there permanently:heehee:) It is good to do some "normal" things though, so I "get" why you did it:yes!: Interestingly, I found going UP the steps much easier than stepping BACK off them, how about you Jeff?
As far as adding your recovery thread to your signature @CanukTriMom: easy peasy... just go to your thread, copy the link (you know at the very top of the page, in the address bar where it says "bonesmart.org/forum/threads/whatever your recovery thread is called" then go to your Signature (where you Log In) and the add link button in one of the options there (next to the formatting options and the emoticons). If you want the link to say "my recovery thread" or something (like mine does) then type that where you want the link to be, highlight that text THEN add the link, if you just add the link without having any text highlighted, you just get the link... it works the same either way, just looks different
Hope that's clear:what:
 
@2 for Jeff

Jeff.......you have to try this recovery chocolate..

Sanders Salted Dark Chocolate Caramels....someone mailed me some from the States for my recovery and they rocked. We don't have them here, which makes me sad. They are like heaven wrapped up in dark chocolate!!

These go very well with Turkey as well.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Cheryl
 
@CanukTriMom Hi Cheryl, I'm still learning as I go along with this web site. I remember you teaching me how to TAG someone. And I still don't know how to quote someone's text.
Anyway, it looks like it worked out for me yesterday. I started the day with the goal of working on my signature and I guess I lucked out.
As Craftdee said just copy the link of the starting point of the thread you want to use and paste it.
Oh yes, and that chocolate sounds delicious. I will have to look for it.
After dinner in our house we always save space for something sweet, and as we eat it we Cheer "To A Sweet Life"
I don't know the origins of that, but any excuse for some dark chocolate is okay with me.
I'm gona try to paste your pre and post op threads here. If it works maybe you can just copy your links from me
Don't forget in order to work on your signature you have to click on your user name at the top right of page and then click on signature. Make your changes and save it.

(Cheryl's Links)

Pre-op threads:
https://BoneSmart.org/forum/threads/from-the-frying-pan-to-the-fire.26128/


Post-op threads:
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/canuktrimom-gets-new-bionic-hip.26330/
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@craftdee talking about going up and down stairs, every time steps are in front of me I start to mumble (sometimes silently and sometime out loud) "Up with the good leg, down with the bad leg"
When I was in the hospital the physical therapist heard me and corrected me.
She said we don't say bad leg, we say operated leg.
So in my case, after Fenruary when I will have 2 legs that will have been operated on, which leg do I use first?
I can always ask my friend Brian @bsilvers how does he manage stairs.
Let me know Brian, or I bet you don't even think about it
 
@shrinkette Now there's a face I love to see. How are you Ellen ? I remember my last work week leading up to my surgery reading and chatting with you. Those nights the pain was so bad, sleep was out of the question.
Do you remember? I can't believe all that terrible pain vanished in the operating room. I'm afraid to go back to read my posts because I bet you could feel the pain in my words.
But, I'm here to tell you Ellen, I feel Great, Great, Great :egypdance:
Happy Holidays to you also
 
@CanukTriMom NO PICTURE NEEDED !
Just read this:

Sanders new Sea Salt Caramels are a perfect Sweet & Salty treat for anyone. Our 1920's Sanders original recipe Caramel is enrobed in our premium Dark Chocolate, and then sprinkled with the finest Mediterranean Sea Salt. These Caramels will surely satisfy any craving you have! :wave:

Wow!! Who ever wrote the description for that chocolate has a way with words.
Sounds SOooo good!
 
@2 for Jeff

Jeff

Thanks for the help with the threads, between you a @craftdee , I got the thread. Post op in my signature. Going to go back and get the pre op as it has a different thread title.

Cheryl
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom