Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR Hip and buttock pain'

Hi @zinfandel
It's good to hear from you but I'm really sorry you're struggling and suffering pain.
Maybe you could get a copy of your x-ray tomorrow and post it for Josephine if you're not happy with your
OS's diagnosis and recommendation. Please try not to be frightened as you may not have a reason to be.
Let us know what you hear tomorrow. Prayers for your comfort and peace of mind.
 
@zinfandel
You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.
 
Thank you for putting my thread together. I will keep you posted but I doubt I’ll hear anything till Monday.

@Layla thank you. Once I get the xray how would I post it on here?
 
:wave:my friend Zin!
So sorry you are having a hard time. I missed you.
Hope Jo can shed some light!
 
@Mojo333 missed this site everyone is wonderful. Yeah having a rough time but see what Dr says. But he’s got to compare xrays to see if something moved.

So I’m not doing PT right now. Thanks for your message
 
No, please don't do any kind of PT until they figure it out.
I'm so sorry you are struggling!
I'm keeping you in my thoughts...
You were a very comforting voice during my recovery.
I hope you get some answers Monday!
:friends:
 
Hi everyone. Xray report says nothing but at least surgeon want to see it himself. So probably won’t be till next week I know anything. Pain has gotten better but that’s what happened when cup moved last time. It would move back into place. Ugh so frustrated. Thank you for all the support!
 
Prayers for you, dear Zinfandel.
Hope all is okay and the pain continues to lessen. Please stay in touch.
Best wishes for a relaxing weekend!
@zinfandel
 
Pain isn’t as bad. I go for back injection Wednesday ugh. And back to pain mgt Friday. I’ve stayed away from pt but I have no stamina. Sucks. Any thoughts on the stamina part? Thanks
 
I’m back. It will be a year in January and pt since and still limp terribly. Legs are same length so not that. They say sometimes the muscles may not totally come back after being cut three times. I’m in pain mgt for pain control but thinking of medical marijuana anyone have experience w it for hip pain. See dr again in few weeks just to make sure it’s nothing else. But so fustrated. Anyone w revisions experience this?? I just want my life back
 
It was so nice to see your thread in the line-up, but sad to read your post. I'm sorry you're struggling and still limping ten months post op. What are your feelings on tagging, Josephine, before seeing your doctor?
Please let us know and we'll tag her for you. Wishing you comfort, answers and relief.
@zinfandel
 
Will do, @zinfandel
@Josephine will you please weigh in on Zinfandel's ongoing pain and limp since her Revision surgery ten months ago. Thanks, Jo, we'll look forward to your insight.
 
After my revision in january pt was going fine but new therapist moved me differently and now have severe pain from groin around to butt when I put any pressure on it.
This is my advice regarding PT/exercises after a THR

Hips actually don't need any exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.
 
Good Morning,
Would you be willing to completely stop the PT for at least 4-6 weeks to see if you begin to notice improvement?
Please consider it IF you've been doing PT all along. What do you have to lose?
Whatever it is you're doing now, is not working.
Let us know how you're doing in a few weeks after your OS visit. We'll be here for you.
Wishing you comfort.
@zinfandel
 
I think Zinfandel said she has stopped all PT at present...but you know some chronic issues that may have developed may unfortunately take quite some time to resolve.
I think you are more concerned about that cup possibly having moved again, right?
The xrays will be hopefully all telling and Jo is very good at assessing them.
Keep the faith friend.
 
I’m back. It will be a year in January and pt since and still limp terribly. Legs are same length so not that.

I guess we need clarification from, @zinfandel or at least I do, lol.
I took her statement above as it will be a year in January since her surgery and she's been in PT since then :shrug:
Will you please clarify, zinfandel? I'm thinking Jo must have taken it the same way I did due to leaving the BIG TIP above.
 
Ugh. So I’m not doing pt right now.

Pain isn’t as bad. I go for back injection Wednesday ugh. And back to pain mgt Friday. I’ve stayed away from pt but I have no stamina.

I’m back. It will be a year in January and pt since and still limp terribly.

This is confusing @zinfandel

I don't know if you picked it back up after July posts.
Is the current PT (if you are doing it) working on something specifically?
Gait training or stretching?
 
Back
Top Bottom