Revision THR Hip and buttock pain'

Hi all. Well I have PT evaluation tomorrow and nervous. I’m afraid pt will make my pain in my groin worse that I have since I started walking with walker. Anyone else have such pain? I worry bc it doesn’t feel muscular. I guess PT will tell me more tomorrow. I know just walking is an option over PT but I’m willing to try it. Any thoughts out there? Thanks.

Hi @zinfandel
If it was me....I'd skip PT , especially while you're hurting.
If you aren't comfortable cancelling....take it easy today.
Please don't do anything you are uncomfortable with and STOP if it hurts.
Consider tagging Josephine so she can ask questions and advise.
She can put up a graph where you can pinpoint your pain.
Let us know how your day goes, either way. We'd love to get an update.

@Layla thank you. I went to pt. Most pain was trying stairs so we stopped. I have a lump in my groin that the therapist is waiting to hear back from my dr and what it could be. He thinks it’s bone from my fracture before 2 nd surgery. That’s what hurts. But today it was very light exercises and didn’t hurt. I don’t go back till Tuesday so I’m supposed to do some on the exercises at home. I think I’ll just walk around. Lol. Thank you for your advice. I’ll try pt until it hurts but I’m worried that I get so much pain trying to do stairs. Ugh. Still can’t drive either. Well that’s the update. I’ll keep u posted. If you think I should tag Josephine let me know. Thanks

@Jackie222. Thank I had pt look at X-ray and he called my surgeon Thursday so not sure if they talked yet. It’s sore to the touch and very hard so therapist thought it was bone growth from fracture I had in there. So waiting on answers. So far I’m doing ok walking w no pain.

:happydance::dancy::happydance:
Good news, Zin.
Walking with no pain.
You deserve that.
Hope your Sunday is Sweet!:SUNsmile:

Hi there,
Hopefully there is a logical explanation and the pain soon eases. I think it may benefit you to get some advice from Jo after your doctor lets you know what the lump in your groin is.
It's your recovery but I'd lay off PT until you get answers on that lump since it's causing you pain.
PT isn't going anywhere, they'll be there waiting for you. Let us know what you hear if you're interested in sharing. We're rooting for you @zinfandel
Wishing you a good week!

Just an update. Was up most of the night with pain in leg. Not sure what’s going on. PT is really just muscle build up nothing strenuous. I’m worried maybe pt is too much but not sure. I feel good after I leave and haven’t been since wed. The pain in leg was mostly from the knee down. So I’m wondering if it’s the knee since it hurts more than hip. I don’t know. Just wanted to throw this out there and see if anyone experienced this. Thanks

Hi @zinfandel
Sorry you're struggling. Wondering if you have arthritis in your knee?
Maybe try backing off PT for a time and see if it helps.
Also wondering about the lump in your groin that was causing you pain.
Hopefully you got some answers on that.
Are you feeling any better since posting on Saturday?
Wishing you well!

Sorry I haven’t posted in a while. @Layla i actually backed off the exercises that hurt my knee. I’ve actually made it up stairs recently and start slowly to use a cane. But still on walker. I’m starting another 6 weeks of therapy bc my hip muscles are still so week. However no pain in PT so that’s good. I’m feeling good but tired after PT. So just resting w a dog on my lap. Lol. Thank you for following up!!

:hi:
Sleeping and resting if you're tired @zinfandel is the best you can do.
You've been through a lot. Take it slow and easy. You'll get there.
Hope you have a peaceful week. It was nice hearing from you, stay in touch! :flwrysmile:

Hang in there, Zin.
Glad to get update....wondering how you were.
Wishing you a restful evening:ice:

Still struggling with pt. I guess I just wish I was further along. I use the cane occasionally at home but I guess this will be a long be a long recovery till I can walk again. Who knew....
Thanks everyone

Hi @zinfandel
It's so nice to hear from you! Hope you had a nice weekend.

Do you mind if I ask in what way you're struggling with PT?
It sounds like you're only using the cane ocassionaly. When you use it,
is it because you're limping, in pain, or for support because you aren't feeling strong enough?

You seem a little discouraged but you are only 3 months out from a revision. I think if you read some of the other revision threads here you wouldn't consider your progress that unusual. Keep hanging in there, you'll make it. Stop by more often, we'd love to encourage and offer support as you continue recovery.

Wishing you a peaceful week.

You've been through so much...I think you are doing fine. I'm sorry this recovery thing has been such a long journey for you.
We are rooting for you:friends:

Hi @Layla
I guess I’m struggling with the progress but get pain too. I occasionally use walker in house because my leg is still too week. The walker I feel more comfortable with. I just spoke to my nurse and said dr does want to see me. So I’ll make appt. just hard as he’s 2 hours away.

I have a lump that feel like bone in the front center which is usually where pain will be. I’m in pain mgt now too. And that barely helps.

So I’ll see dr and see what he thinks. Thanks for your advice on it hasn’t really been that long. I will read more revision stories to catch up. Been so busy w rehab and therapy for my head. Lol. That helps too. Brings me back to reality. As I’m always worried about it.

Thanks again!!!

Hi there, @zinfandel
I'm sorry you're struggling with pain and your progress.
Making an appt with your doctor may offer you some answers bringing pain relief,
resulting in progress. It's too bad it's such a long drive.
Hopefully you can find something to do while driving to entertain yourself as the passenger.
I hope you're able to get in soon as it may offer you the peace of mind you desire.
Best wishes as you continue on your healing journey. Please stay in touch.

hi all. It’s been awhile since I’ve been on here but I need some help. After my revision in january pt was going fine but new therapist moved me differently and now have severe pain from groin around to butt when I put any pressure on it. Getting X-ray tomorrow but has anyone had this type of pain? I’m on pain meds and doesn’t help!!! I’m afraid something moved again bc I still have so much bone to grow as per Dr. I’m scared. Any advice is appreciated!!! Thanks everyone!

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
HikerWalker
Recent bookmarks
Back