OP
chuckster

chuckster

Country
United States United States
Brilliant Post Chuckster.
Happy Days Indeed.
Joe.....
@Jamie. Chuckster needs to head to post op I think.
Thank you Irish [emoji256] Joe you are the man !! I'm pushing ahead one day at a time looking forward to a wonderful summer sans OA end stage osteoarthritis pain!!

Your " Bye Bye Hip Pain " post on my thread the night before my surgery was very timely and motivating thank you !!! Hope you are doing well my friend ....

Chuckster

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart mobile app

Monika66

Country
Congratulations Chuckster☺ I am happy to hear you are doing so well. Tomarrow marks my 6th week since my LTHR, so we are rehabbing together, take care, Monika

OP
OP
chuckster

chuckster

Country
It's great to hear the fantastic news @chuckster :yay:
Joe, Sheri, Monika , Horseshoe you guys freaking rock !! Joe the motorcycle ride must have been euphoric LOVE it!! 6 mile walk Sheri wowser when I walk my first mile I may literally cry afterwards and during! This had been a brutal 2 years I'm so excited to take my life back like you guys did !! Hip Hip Hooray [emoji16]

Chuckster

OP
OP
chuckster

chuckster

Country
Congratulations Chuckster[emoji5] I am happy to hear you are doing so well. Tomarrow marks my 6th week since my LTHR, so we are rehabbing together, take care, Monika
Hey there Monika et al just a day 10 update from the Chuckster it's going well I am being very diligent and patient with my recovery just trying to get lots of rest with the proper mixture of exercises and walks to the bathroom etc .
I went outside yesterday first time front porch just to feel the sun [emoji295]️ on my face for 10 minutes it felt great.

My older (26) son has been with me since I got home but he goes back to his place and his work Monday so it's me and my youngest (18) going forward. He has been helpful as well so I am in good hands.

At this point I need a little help still getting in and out of bed but that's about it. I get around good with the walker and feel maybe I can switch to cane later this week. I am still a bit constipated from the pain meds which I am slowly but surely reducing. Also, the ankle swelling happens toward the end of the day but the overall swelling seems a bit better by the day. Baby steps and I remain patient and optimistic. I am SO glad I did them both within 5 months and am SO looking forward to walking on the beach this summer free of end stage OA and its associated pain. As the great philosopher Irish [emoji256] Joe once said " bye bye hip pain" !!!!

Next milestone Friday May 12 I see the PA fit my two week checkup looking forward to seeing Tom and discussing my progress! Well let's keep pushing forward my BoneSmart friends and let's rid the world of hip pain one day at a time. Hip Hip Hooray [emoji1319]!

Chuckster

labanan

Country
Canada Canada
Wowza! How inspiring this is. Thanks Chuck. People keep asking me about my other hip. I think it is okay but how would I know with the one I recently had replaced screaming st me all the time? Your enthusiasm is grest. Let the tortoise be your totem animal and you'll be Hipster Chuckster soon enough.

GrannyC

post-grad
Country
It sounds like your recovery is going very well. Sending good wishes your way.

MyAussieGirl

supremo
Country
Chuckster hi I'm new so you don't know me yet.... Congrats ..wow you have such a great attitude I'm so glad you're on your way to well

Adding the constipation me too....grrrrrr fiber and softener but still I have issues and cut way back on meds .... You're not alone

OP
OP
chuckster

chuckster

Country
Chuckster hi I'm new so you don't know me yet.... Congrats ..wow you have such a great attitude I'm so glad you're on your way to well

Adding the constipation me too....grrrrrr fiber and softener but still I have issues and cut way back on meds .... You're not alone
Hi Aussie Girl hope you are doing well keep me updated ...Irish Joe you are the man! I appreciate all the great support from my BoneSmart friends .

Update day 13 I'm getting in and out of shower it feels great ! My leg/foot swelling continues but dramatically dissipates after a long rest in bed. Seems to happen mostly late night. I've got a bit complacent with icing so I need to keep it up. Other than that it's all going great I'm in the cane albeit slow but feeling a bit stronger daily!

Not to be too repetitive but this Hip #2 is better because I know what to expect I'm patient and I have a great new left hip to rehab on. Very different than last time. I can't wait to walk again pain free and cane free like I used to before end stage OA ravaged my well being. I'm so thankful to everyone who's has helped me in this arduous process. I still can't believe I had two major surgeries and have TWO shiny new hips within a 5 month period !!

2 week X-rays and PA appointment Friday hoping to be walking and cleared to drive again by Memorial Day or so. Baby steps, patience, and diligence regarding my recovery protocols will continue until then.

All my friends here please feel free to comment on my situation and/or yours here on my thread I love the feedback it helps dramatically to stay positive and move forward. Hip hip hooray !!!!

Chuckster

sammylou99

senior
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
You've got the best attitude Chuckster!! So glad all is going well. You're right, slowly but surely the way to go. I will be much more prepared for that when I have to do my next one. Must be a lot easier for you this time with the OA pain gone and a good leg to help the op leg along. This is going to be a GREAT summer for the Chuckster!! Hope your appointment goes well.
Keep posting, very inspiring :)
Sam x

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

OP
OP
chuckster

chuckster

Country
You've got the best attitude Chuckster!! So glad all is going well. You're right, slowly but surely the way to go. I will be much more prepared for that when I have to do my next one. Must be a lot easier for you this time with the OA pain gone and a good leg to help the op leg along. This is going to be a GREAT summer for the Chuckster!! Hope your appointment goes well.
Keep posting, very inspiring :)
Sam x

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Thanks SO much Sam you are awesome!! I'm really buoyed by the support of people like you here on BoneSmart what a fabulous group. I am at exactly 2 weeks today and yes it's so so much better rehabbing with a good hip #1. I cannot wait to walk on the beach this summer and swim in the ocean and go back to all the fun activities that I enjoyed prior to OA taking them away from me. One day at a time we got this. Have a happy day !!

Chuckster

MyAussieGirl

supremo
Country
Chuckster.... summer ...beach...you be my kind of person.... I saw a swim suit I want....maybe I'll get it but by then only 1 good hip I wanna be like you and have 2

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
SugarButt
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom